PDA

View Full Version : Toyo bucks 2018: the final word

Pranav
07-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Here you go, from the horse's mouth:

https://mailchi.mp/drivenasa/contingencies-update-new-compliance-form-requirements?e=18de267de7

Starting on July 15th, 2018 NASA will be implementing a change to the compliance form submission requirements. In an effort to improve contingency program processes and to ensure that all vehicles and drivers are compliant with the contingency requirements, all contingency compliance forms that are filled out at the track must be filled out the same day or a day before you are trying to claim a contingency.

For example, if you are trying to claim contingency for the Saturday race, your contingency compliance form must be submitted and dated on or before the Saturday you are competing. Friday during the race weekend is acceptable as long as there is a NASA Official available at the track to verify compliance and sign your form. Compliance forms completed on Sunday during the race weekend are only applicable to Sunday claims.

All submissions are verified by NASA National staff. Contingency submissions not meeting the above requirements after July 15th, 2018 will be denied.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to prizes@drivenasa.com and we will respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely-

National Auto Sport Association

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I fill out one compliance form per contingency per race weekend?
A: Yes, you only need to fill out one compliance form per contingency per weekend. We recommend you do it before the first competition session on a Saturday.

Q: Who at the track can verify and sign my compliance form?
A: Any available regional NASA Official can do it for you at the track. We recommend that you work with your series leader to verify and sign your compliance form.

Q: What if I won a contingency award on Saturday but did my compliance form on Sunday? Can I still submit for a contingency?
A: Your compliance form is only good for Sunday if you do it on Sunday. You will not be able to claim contingency for Saturday with a form signed on Sunday

Supercharged111
07-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Like I said, just edit that stupid .pdf document and you're gtg.

Fbody383
07-05-2018, 11:53 AM
For example, if you are trying to claim contingency for the Saturday race, your contingency compliance form must be submitted and dated on or before the Saturday you are competing.

Must be submitted too?

Pranav
07-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Yeah I honestly wouldn't try forging the docs.

They've set this up so officials can sign/submit on a phone/tablet onsite.

Fbody383
07-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Yeah I honestly wouldn't try forging the docs.

They've set this up so officials can sign/submit on a phone/tablet onsite.

No, they've set this up to reduce the claims. I guess those of us that are technology challenged can bring the printed form.

marshall_mosty
07-06-2018, 09:15 AM
All,
They can tell if a form has been manipulated, so please don't try to do that. Michael and I are available all weekend to find us so we can scribble on your phone. That particular form is pretty easy to fill out and if you catch us on Friday it's good all weekend.

michaelmosty
07-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Agreed, either get with us Friday evening or we can sign all phones after the drivers meeting on Saturday. It would be good to get all of it knocked out early in the weekend so it counts for both Saturday + Sunday.

liquidroam
07-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Agreed, either get with us Friday evening or we can sign all phones after the drivers meeting on Saturday. It would be good to get all of it knocked out early in the weekend so it counts for both Saturday + Sunday.

Just having everyone do it at the drivers meeting I think is perfect. Reduces time that you two are pulled away and it allows technology savvy people to help and explain it to the "technology challenged."

Fbody383
07-09-2018, 02:53 PM
and it allows technology savvy people to help and explain it to the "technology challenged." I have enough phone to call for pizza... If it's just a PDF download I might be ok. Maybe I'll just print of bunch of stupid forms to have with me.

Supercharged111
07-09-2018, 07:50 PM

From what I understood Friday is ony good for Saturday but Saturday would be good for both.

Fbody383
07-10-2018, 09:04 AM
From what I understood Friday is ony good for Saturday but Saturday would be good for both.Stupid if true. You trust your directors for Saturday but not on Friday?

Do the Toyo stickers have to be a contrasting color?

39PitCrew
07-10-2018, 10:22 AM

Didn't someone have the black Toyo stickers on a flat black car for a while
a few years ago?

Supercharged111
07-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Stupid if true. You trust your directors for Saturday but not on Friday?

Good for day of and following day.

liquidroam
07-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Good for day of and following day.

That is why I think drivers meeting would be the best. One time covers you for the weekend.

marshall_mosty
07-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Guys,
Just plan on saturday morning and your are covered. Michael and I will stay around as long as it takes to get everyone’s phone signed. I’ll walk the grid before qual to validate the compliance of each car so there isn’t an issue.

Fbody383
07-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Michael and I will stay around as long as it takes to get everyone’s phone signed. People keep saying this - it's an app? It's just a PDF? Something else?

My phone can just about make calls, text, and keep time.

blk96gt
07-16-2018, 03:49 PM
You go to a website and fill out a form, then it emails you. You can use anyone's phone. I'll let you borrow mine.

michaelmosty
07-16-2018, 04:57 PM
How do you sign if you are on a rotary phone?

liquidroam
07-16-2018, 09:13 PM
How do you sign if you are on a rotary phone?

Can we use telegraph?

Pranav
07-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Given that I am Indian and very tech savvy, I propose using this method to communicate racer compliance to the Toyo offices:

http://blueridgecouncil.org/brcn/systems/image_thumbnail.ashx?file=/brcn/resources/site1/General/Logandelete/wifi.jpg&Size=400

...after all, everything is going to the cloud these days.

Supercharged111
07-16-2018, 11:30 PM
Autocorrect is your friend. Once you punch in everone's info the phone will remember and the 2nd entry for Hawk Bucks is cake.

Fbody383
07-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Given that I am Indian and very tech savvy... Dot, not feather.

Fbody383
07-17-2018, 04:59 PM
You go to a website and fill out a form, then it emails you. You can use anyone's phone. I'll let you borrow mine. I'll need the help... i'm already handicapped with a Camaro.

Supercharged111
07-17-2018, 09:59 PM
Dot, not feather.

Pranav
07-18-2018, 01:58 AM

Hotel Indians

Fbody383
07-18-2018, 02:30 PM
As a card carrying member of the Osage Nation... I approve of this post.

ShadowBolt
07-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Hotel Indians

That is funny