PDA

View Full Version : Life insurance for racers....

AI#97
03-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Ok, given the events in the "march Madness" and some hitting close to home, I am going to get an on track policy for the just in case scenario....my other half is more or less requiring it.

Need sources for underwriters/agents to find these policies.

Gracias.

the other MW....

AI#97
03-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Bueller......Bueller......????

YOu mean to tell me that NONE of you have On Track Life insurance?! :shock:

Boudy
03-31-2006, 10:55 PM
I've got a sufficient amount of life insurance in general and my policy doesn't list racing as one of the excluded activities. I didn't realize that specific on-track life insurance could be purchased.

Boudy

donovan
03-31-2006, 11:20 PM
I've got a sufficient amount of life insurance in general and my policy doesn't list racing as one of the excluded activities. I didn't realize that specific on-track life insurance could be purchased.

Boudy

Same here, I specificly told them I was racing... and was told its covered.

DD

AI#97
04-01-2006, 08:44 AM
The reason I ask is because it isn't specifically excluded on my policy because when I got it, there were questions about racing and flying that I answered NO to at the time. That has changed and I want to make sure that all my bases are covered.

The difference from what I understand is say for a $500k policy, you typical premium will be in the $28/mo range while the racing policy could be $100/mo.....

Anyway, if anyone else has any leads, chime in. I already contacted Shannon to see if they have been contacted by any agents or know of leads....

thanks,

Nick
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Donovan, who are you covered through (if you don't mind saying)?

Matt, according to our Life Ins guy, if you've had the policy for over 2 years it can't be cancelled if you pick up a new hobby (such as racing, skydiving, etc).
I could not get on track coverage based on my lack of experience. I'll try again at the end of this season.

chris-CMC#35
04-01-2006, 09:38 AM
My regular life insurance is through State Farm, and I have the same situation as the other guys: no problem with racing.

-chris

donovan
04-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Donovan, who are you covered through (if you don't mind saying)?

Guardian Life Insurance, its a policy thru my work, they issue a standard policy for 25K for each employee and I bumped it up to 200K and had to answer three pages of questions, about two weeks later I recieved a approval notice.

DD