PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity for track time.

rpoz27
10-25-2006, 02:01 PM
TWS Motorsports Club has a 2 day event coming up on Nov 18 & 19. I've started running these events and I've changed a few things. I give instructors 3 run sessions of their own and allow them to run in both of the advanced groups, as well. That's 520 minutes of possible track time over 2 days. In return, you will have a green and, possibly, a blue student. If any of you have experience instructing or think you have the temperament for it and would like to get some free track time, let me know.

If you are not interested in instructing, the price for the weekend is $250 or $150 for one day. Groups of 10 or more get a 10% discount.

Mike Bell
10-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Misty,

I'm very interested. I need the track time/practice!

Rob Liebbe
10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Mike just needs horsepower.

Please put me on your instructor list for future events. I cannot make this event due to son's birthday.

Thanks

Tex89
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Misty,

Put on your instructor list also, I might be able to make this.

Thanks

David

rpoz27
10-27-2006, 07:51 AM
For those of you who are interested, but cannot make this event, the next is on Dec. 16 & 17.

Mike and David, confirm by PM if you're going to be there, please.

Thanks,

Misty

gt40
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Anyone going to this? I'm looking for someone to split gas and lodging expences with.

rpoz27
11-11-2006, 12:39 PM
This is the instructor newsletter for TWS MSC Nov 18-19:

Howdy All,

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Our last MSC event went very well. Everything stayed on time and we managed not to have a single tow all day. I want to thank all of you who came to the event and helped out. I know you were kept extremely busy with all of our newbs, but you were equal to the task and I hope the extra run sessions helped make up for it. Y'all did a fantastic job!

We are going to man corner worker stations with Texas A&M Sports Car Club members doing a work/drive program. We did this last event and they did a great job both on track and on corners, and, more importantly, they had a great time. Because of them we will be able to man corners 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, & 13.

Because of the disparity in speeds in green and blue groups, I am going to institute required passing signals in these two groups. Some of you have come to me with this concern and I am going to heed your good judgement. However, white, yellow, and red groups will continue without required passing signals.

We will have the Faast Driving School joining us on Saturday, November 18 for a one day SCCA approved race school.

Our next event is November 18 & 19. I will need instructors for Saturday and Sunday. Please let me know if you can make it.

Thanks,

Misty Cain

In addition, please note that gates will open at 7a.m. Saturday and instructor meeting is at 7:30 a.m. Instructors are first out at 8:00.

Front gates will be open from 7p.m. until 10p.m. Friday night and the track is charging $10 bucks for drop-offs. I know some of my work/drivers are camping at the track. Feel free to, as well. Driver's lounge will be open, if you don't want to stay outdoors.

Those of you who thought you'd be able to make it, but weren't sure yet, please drop me a line and let me know one way or the other. I'd appreciate it.

Any questions?

jeffburch
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
What do we get charged for Fri nite drop offs (nasa event)?

jb

gt40
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Still looking for someone to split gas and motel expences (or just maybe motel?)

Anyone?

rpoz27
11-14-2006, 12:45 AM
What do we get charged for Fri nite drop offs (nasa event)?

jb

Don't know for NASA, but would assume is the same. They charge $10 bucks for bike event drop-offs, also.

rpoz27
11-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you, Robert and Jeff, for all your hard work this weekend. Y'all did a great job with your students. Thanks again, Jeff, for all the rides you gave and you, Robert, for the perfectly well behaved parade lap leading and all the help you gave Martin in the classroom. He really appreciated it.

I hope both of you had as good a time as you said you did. I know everyone thought y'all were a good addition to the group and they enjoyed hanging out with you. Hopefully, you will come work and play again.

PM me your e-mails when you get a moment, so I can get you added to my instructor newsletter.

Thanks again, guys!

Misty

gt40
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Thank you, Robert and Jeff, for all your hard work this weekend. Y'all did a great job with your students. Thanks again, Jeff, for all the rides you gave and you, Robert, for the perfectly well behaved parade lap leading and all the help you gave Martin in the classroom. He really appreciated it.thanks -- I had a fun weekend. MUCH less stressful whan you don't have a race car to baby-sit!

BTW -- I can now report that hustling a bone-stock 2.3L '95 Ranger around TWS is kind of like riding a moped. It's fun, but you don't want your friends to see you doing it! Turn 1 at 85 was interesting...