PDA

View Full Version : Banquet AI/CMC Jan.13 Dallas,Tx.

jeffburch
11-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Sticky Please.
Putting this in a public forum to get the word out to ALL.

What: 2006 AICMCTexas.com Banquet
Awards, Buffet, Videos, Track time.
Who: Everybody!
When: January 13, 2007. 6pm-?
Where: SpeedZone, Dallas, Texas. http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/index.html

RSVP: bypassm at yahoo dot com. Please put "RSVP" in subject line.

So far;
Marshall Mosty
Daron Cook +1
Todd Covini
Glenn Landrum +4
James Proctor +1
Robert King +1
Richard Pedersen +4
Chris Marvel +1
David Donovan +1
Nick Runyon +1
Jerry MacNeil
Chris Lyons +1
Michael Mosty +1
Eric F. Varner +2
Jeff Brooks
Micah Bishop
Mason Melkowits +1
LiiR 3
Mike Bell +2
Mitch Warren +1
Richard Painter +3
Rob Liebbe +1
Lewis Tanner +1
Adam Ginsberg +1
Morgan Dawdy
Bud Sharp +1
David Fincik
Jeff Burch +1
----deadline----
Clifton Winkleman +1

Thank You!
jb

Mike Bell
11-21-2006, 07:37 AM
JB,

Any local hotel info you can pass along? I'm coming up solo and would probably crash out overnight rather than head back to H-town that late at night.

Nothing fancy for me, Motel6/holiday inn type would be great! Thanks.

jeffburch
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Mike,
plug this

hotels near 11130 Malibu Dr, Dallas, TX 75229-4403

into google maps http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=
jb

Mike Bell
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks JB!

cmarvel
11-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Was I supposed to sign up?
:oops:

I am brining two people.

I will go look for the sign up now.

oz98cobra
11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
We have a spare room with a queen size bed if any of the crew from down south are looking for accomodation and don't want to hotel it?

macstang
11-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Still not sure if I can make it, but I booked a hotel at the Hampton around the corner from Speedzone, and got a plane ticket for 200 bucks. Micah may even be able to make too.
Ill be in DFW Sat around noon, and fly out Sun 2pm.

marshall_mosty
11-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I have a spare full size bed as well. I'm approx 25 minutes from Speed Zone.

Mike Bell
11-26-2006, 09:46 AM
JB,

Any idea on how much "track time" we plan on getting? Also, did we ever decide that 2 seater vs. solo driver question?

Maybe we can trick Covini into giving us most of his "news" here prior to the banquet, cutting down on his "pulpit time" lol.

Todd Covini
11-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll have "news" before the banquet and will reduce pulpit time in the interest of track time. :wink:

We're hoping to finalize the Speedzone particulars with the folks there but may need to have JB pay them a visit to get their attention. 8)

Stay tuned...

-=- Todd

Mike Bell
11-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks Todd, just trying to maximize "seat time".

Todd Covini
12-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Things are progressing along nicely with Speedzone.
We've been working with their corporate contact now that the event is starting to get more detailed.

Rough idea of the evening right now is:
6:00PM Welcome, cocktails & appetizers
6:30PM Dinner and Banquet Begins
7:15PM 2006 Texas AI/CMC Video (World Premiere)
8:00PM 2006 Championship Awards
8:30PM Championship Karting Eliminations
~10:00PM AI/AIX/CMC and Karting Champions Depart

Everything is subject to change as we firm things up.
Lots of laughs and surprises in store!
Further details and costs coming soon....

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Is this a BYOB deal, cash bar, or are the series champs picking up the tab for beer?

AllZWay
12-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Is this a BYOB deal, cash bar, or are the series champs picking up the tab for beer?

Is this up for a vote.... If so I vote YES on the Champs buying. :lol:

jeffburch
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
shareef don't like it

Rock the Cashbah!

jb

jeffburch
12-12-2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/speedzonefotos/

fotos of the place, if ya care.
jb

marshall_mosty
12-15-2006, 11:33 AM
My wife can't make the banquet, so can my number be adjusted accordingly please.

michaelmosty
12-15-2006, 11:38 AM
My wife can't make the banquet, so can my number be adjusted accordingly please.
I guess she didn't want to see her husband get his ass kicked on the go-cart track by his bro. :twisted:

macstang
12-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Keep your number the same, and bring Micah as a date.

Looks like we will both be attending!!!

I may have gotten out of that 2 month long school I'm supposed to be doing.

michaelmosty
12-16-2006, 12:47 PM

SWEET!!!

CMC17
12-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Keep your number the same, and bring Micah as a date.

I may have gotten out of that 2 month long school I'm supposed to be doing.

Cool!!! Hope to see both of ya there!

macstang
12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to it.

Hope yall make it worth the drive for us!!!!

GlennCMC70
12-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Looking forward to it.

Hope yall make it worth the drive for us!!!!

knowing what type of road trips you guys have, your asking for alot.
have a safe trip, w/ no moments of "intrest" and that will ensure the trip is worth it.

glad to see you guys will make it.

macstang
12-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Ill bring my Tshirt to get the rest of the graffiti put on it....

And yall can bring your GRMs for us to autograph lol....

Todd Covini
12-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Glad Team Warhorse will be able to make the banquet!!!
I'm sure you won't be disappointed!!

(Unless of course you're expecting a point-by on the kart track. 8) )

-=- T

Mike Bell
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Jeff,

A big shuffle in my January plans, please scratch me off of the attendee list. Sorry for the late notice/change. :cry:

gt40
12-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Is this up for a vote.... If so I vote YES on the Champs buying. :lol:

+1 :D

David Love AI27
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Not sure I RSVPed... 3 from Team LiiR

jeffburch
12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Jeff,

A big shuffle in my January plans, please scratch me off of the attendee list. Sorry for the late notice/change. :cry:

K, WTF?
Car trouble @ TWS?
Was lookin fwd to kickn your tail on the kart track.

jb

Mike Bell
12-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Big car trouble at TWS, new motor (second one) did two laps and oil pressure went to zero and a bad vibration.

Time to have a bonfire...

GlennCMC70
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
i could build you a fast 4th gen. solve all your problems.

Mike Bell
12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
i could build you a fast 4th gen. solve all your problems.

I'd hang up my spurs before I ever let it sink to that level...

AI#97
12-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Big car trouble at TWS, new motor (second one) did two laps and oil pressure went to zero and a bad vibration.

Mike, I say this because I understand your frustration but hear me out here for one second...maybe two.

I can find you a stock low mileage 2V mod motor that would make CMC power with the factor cats in place and would be dead nuts reliable for years to come for about 1200 and associated wiring computer stuff to get it running. Hell, I ran mine hard for 22k miles doing exclusively OT, DE and Autox for 5 years without issue....same motor I was using to chase you at SCMC in 05'!!! :wink:

I just don't get the problems you are having with 5 liters....aren't they supposed to be simple?

AllZWay
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM

That sucks Mike..... I hope you get it figured out.

GlennCMC70
12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
change engine builders @ the least.

Mike Bell
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
No need for a pity party, certainly no need for a mod-motor lol.

I just won't be making the banquet for scheduling reasons, but the motor is kaput also. The kind words are much appreciated.

You guys go have a rockin good time at the banquet, take pics and share them here later!

marshall_mosty
12-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Mike,
You just need to find a good used long block and throw it off a cliff to appease the engine gods and get rid of your apparent bad juju...

I feel for ya man!

Mike Bell
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Prolly right Marshall, time to go back to square one and start from there. Problem is, I'm not sure that I can handle square one! :lol:

I've got a shorblock on the deck, just have to find the time/energy/enthusiasm to do the swap.

CMC17
12-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Prolly right Marshall, time to go back to square one and start from there. Problem is, I'm not sure that I can handle square one! :lol:

I've got a shorblock on the deck, just have to find the time/energy/enthusiasm to do the swap.

No need for the highlighted txt. Tell Tek-racing when you need it by and it will be done.. no charge... no hassle. Turn the key (or press button) and off you go for loads of fun and close racing with your friends.

Just say the word padnah.

Mike Bell
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
EV,

Quit offering man, I'm not going to lean on my buds for racing help anymore. Either it lives by my hand/wallet or it dies a simple death.

Someone pass the eggnog... :lol:

CMC17
12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Just trying to help a bud/friend out. One who is passionate about racing and having a good time with those that share the same interests.

Happy Holidays.

mitchntx
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
EV,

Quit offering man, I'm not going to lean on my buds for racing help anymore. Either it lives by my hand/wallet or it dies a simple death.

Someone pass the eggnog... :lol:

Mike ... ask Santa for a reality check for Christmas. :lol:

None of us would be racing if not for leaning on friends when in need. You would do the same for us, am I right?

jeffburch
12-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry to here of your misfortune Mike.
You should get some help errr I mean let your buds help you out.
You can still make the banquet, I'll put your name back up there.
Your coming! Step away from the 'nog!
Also, a Chevy would look good on you.

My freshening turned into a full meal deal.
Pistons/rings, crank, valves/retainers, bearings, balancer plus balancing.
$1800 bucks.
That old motor was tired.

git-r-done

jb

AI#97
12-20-2006, 06:24 PM
MIke, load all the stuff up in the truck/trailer and bring it to speedzone...with 20 guys who know 5 liters standing around, it should be in the car in 20 minutes and running!!! you can buy a round of beers...how's that? :wink:

jeffburch
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Is our group photographer Lewis Tanner gonna grace us?
What about Mr. Adam Ginsberg?
Matt White and guest?
?????????
Deadline soon?

jb

GlennCMC70
12-20-2006, 09:27 PM
how about a "Racers Wife" race?

GlennCMC70
12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
oh, and Manties for the guy who's wife beats his own lap time anytime durring the night?

jeffburch
12-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Well if you gonna do that then someone has to receive a HUGE pair of tighty-whiteys.

HUGE!

jb

Todd Covini
12-20-2006, 10:15 PM

Mike,
I'm with EV on this one and will help with the install. Do me a favor. Buy a longblock from Rhino/Ford Re-Man have it shipped to Eric's house. (Yes..it might cost a few hundred more dollars but let's get this monkey off your back.)

Eric and I will put the motor in....Eric and I will dyno it and document it...and then I will have living proof that a Ford Reman engine will make 229/299 right out of the box. You can even sell all those useless Cobra parts to compensate for the extra cost of the long block.

Whatdyasay?!?!?!

(Besides...I'd like to see what my engine hoist again...I think the Love-man has it now! :D )

-=- T

Mike Bell
12-21-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm headed out of town this AM for a week of Christmas celebration with the family. The offers of help are very much appreciated and indicative of the caliber of folks in this series.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Holiday!

AllZWay
12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
how about a "Racers Wife" race?

I bet my wife would like that. She loved to race the dirt track car on Powder Puff night and she is driving my street car Camaro everyday until she decides what new car she wants.

David Love AI27
12-22-2006, 09:48 AM

Mike,
I'm with EV on this one and will help with the install. Do me a favor. Buy a longblock from Rhino/Ford Re-Man have it shipped to Eric's house. (Yes..it might cost a few hundred more dollars but let's get this monkey off your back.)

Eric and I will put the motor in....Eric and I will dyno it and document it...and then I will have living proof that a Ford Reman engine will make 229/299 right out of the box. You can even sell all those useless Cobra parts to compensate for the extra cost of the long block.

Whatdyasay?!?!?!

(Besides...I'd like to see what my engine hoist again...I think the Love-man has it now! :D )

-=- T

YEP....

rpoz27
12-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Can someone find out if Speedzone can hook Martin up with hand controls on a kart? Don't know yet if we can attend, but if we do he's going to want to drive. I told him he can get his butt kicked in the Racer's Wife Race. :P

AI#97
12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Is our group photographer Lewis Tanner gonna grace us?
What about Mr. Adam Ginsberg?
Matt White and guest?
?????????
Deadline soon?

jb

Not at this time....will be out of town.

GlennCMC70
01-01-2007, 10:15 AM
where have we talked about costs? is it costing us to get into the door? drive the rides? has the series fund picked up the tab?

cmarvel
01-01-2007, 06:02 PM
What??? Matt is going to miss his chance to face me in a cart?

Have you calculated the power to weight advantage you would have :wink:

Rob Liebbe
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
For the official tallykeeper - I will not be attending the banquet. I already have about five trips to Dallas in the next 7 weekends planned and one more will cause mental break-down. Have fun and report back please.

GlennCMC70
01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
you Ford guys are dropping like flies.
watching 3 Chevy guys take home all the bling too much for ya?
i'm really surprised and disapointed you guys are not showing.

Mike Bell
01-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Glenn,

Don't take it as a personal affront to the Chevy CMC winners. You three did a great job in 2006 and are rightly atop the annual podium!

Believe me, beer, karting and talking racing is at the top of my list of fun activities - I'd rather be doing that than most other options I get for my weekends these days lol. I'm still lobbying the wife for a kitchen pass but it's not looking good.

Hell, I spent last night hanging curtains trying to earn some extra brownie points!

CMC17
01-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm going to do my best to make it.

mitchntx
01-02-2007, 09:39 AM
To help even things out, it doesn't appear I will be there either.

Rob Liebbe
01-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Banquet is the least of my worries - I might not even make the first two events of the season - bummer.

macstang
01-02-2007, 12:36 PM
If we can come from Mississippi, then ya'll better have some really good excuses!!!

CMC17
01-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Does pwhipped count as a good excuse?

Don't worry, I will be there.

For those not making it, you will be missing out. The video is more than enough to get me there. ;)

It just won't be the same unless you experience it with the fellow racers and family. Trust me. :D

Mike Bell
01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Jeesh, still more than 10 days away and the "pwhipped" card has been played already?? These are scary signs of things to come... :lol:

CMC17
01-02-2007, 01:09 PM
lol!!

I can't spill the beans on a few things, but those not making it because of swelling (not pointing figures at anyone in particular), will be pissed that you didn't make it. :D

8)

GlennCMC70
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
dayum Mitch, you havent made one yet. come on, live a little.

AI#97
01-02-2007, 03:02 PM
lol!!

I can't spill the beans on a few things, but those not making it because of swelling (not pointing figures at anyone in particular), will be pissed that you didn't make it. :D

8)

How many times can my wheel fall off?! sheesh! Send me some teaser footage and I will see if I need to cancel my other plans...to defend my honor so to speak! :lol:

AllZWay
01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
dayum Mitch, you havent made one yet. come on, live a little.

Yea... come on Mitch. You will have the whole next week in paradise to recover.

CMC17
01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
lol!!

8)

How many times can my wheel fall off?! sheesh! Send me some teaser footage and I will see if I need to cancel my other plans...to defend my honor so to speak! :lol:

The suspense of who is doing what and how much is all part of the attraction. :D

It will take several viewings for some of the "gotcha's" to be seen. Then again, some are very obvious. Thx Matt! :D :D :D

mitchntx
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
where have we talked about costs? is it costing us to get into the door? drive the rides? has the series fund picked up the tab?

So what's the answer to this question?

Cost is a BIG reason I'm on the fence. The cruise is costing a small fortune (one weekend of racing at Houston, basically)

GlennCMC70
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
JB????

jeffburch
01-02-2007, 08:00 PM
TC?

jb

ps
WTF? I show round trip to be 150mi MW.
Cruise?
What?

mitchntx
01-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Where can I buy one of the JB secret decoder rings?

I searched eBay and didn't find anything

Todd Covini
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Guys,
Let me finalize things tomorrow and give more info then.
I'm back at home as of 1AM this morning and will get more info out soonest.

You do NOT want to miss this banquet!!!

We've got some extras planned that you won't want to miss.
Cost will likely be ~$15/person for the food/banquet.
~$20 for 3 elimination rounds of championship karting for those who choose to.

We'll work to have the series fund defray as much of that cost and others.
Stay tuned...

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
01-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Sweet... I just spend 8 hours wrenching on the car... I'm tired... I need highlights...

I guess the 2005 video will have to work for now. :D

Todd Covini
01-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Here are more details....
I'll try to post this in the usual locations and email it to the racers we have on file who may not visit this website.
++++++++++++++++++++

What: 4th Annual AI/CMC Texas Banquet
When: January 13, 2007. 6pm-10:30pm
Cost: Free*
Dress: Casual or Formal…however you like to receive your award on camera.

Tentative Agenda
6:00 Welcome & Cocktail Hour
6:30 Dinner- “Tailgate Party Dinner” Burgers, Hot Dogs & Fixin’s
6:40 Todd Covini- Host & MC of the Evening- Opening Monologue
6:45 2006 Season Review/ 2007 Season Goals/ Series Admin Reports
7:15 WORLD PREMIERE- 2006 TEXAS AI/CMC SEASON VIDEO!!!
7:45 2006 Texas AI/CMC Awards Ceremony
8:30 Championship Karting- 3 round eliminations on slick track
10PM 2007 AI/CMC Karting Champion Crowned

*Must RSVP by Tues. January 9th for banquet entry fees to be comp’d

NOTE- Only RSVP folks “on the list” will receive comp’d dinner and banquet entry.
(All others must pay $35/pp at the door....($15 Dinner/ $20 Karting)

Texas AI/CMC series fund will be providing for the karting fees for 2006 AI/CMC Racers. $20 entry fee for all all other karting challengers.

Evening Highlights:
• Texas AI/CMC Championship racecars will be inside the facility for the general public (and the rest of us) to view
• Big Screen, Sound System, World Premiere 2006 Season Recap Video
• Complimentary mini-golf for all banquet attendees (for those who think golf is more important than racing)
• Over 25 awards and trophies to be presented (including the karting championship award!)
• Full cash bar (located just outside our banquet room)
• Buckets of beer available at the bar for easy toting into the banquet
• Professional model(s) to assist the master of ceremonies with trophy presentations/photos (trust me…this isn’t Glenn)
• Donovan Studios will be the official photographer/videographer of the evening
• TEK Racing will be providing the 2006 Racing Season Experience (sorta like iMax, only different)
• Argent Lab Racing Radios will be providing the dinner for RSVP folks only.
• Robert Boudreaux will have AI and CMC Windshield banners available for those that need them.
• Donovan Production Studios will be providing complimentary DVD’s of the 2006 Texas AI/CMC Season Recap to RSVP racers on-site.

Regarding the Karting Championship:
• Max 14 karts on track at one time on the slick track.
• All karting drivers are provided with $25 Play Cards valid for any attraction on site. (Each karting Round cost $7)
• Timing & Scoring results will be printed after each round.
• Qualifying elimination races to determine championship race grid/order.
• Fastest lap time from each round automatically advances to the championship race.
• Glenn Landrum will be the Karting Race Director for the evening. (Be nice to him.)

OK..OK….I’m Going….what do I need to do???-
Make sure you’ve RSVP’d to Jeff Burch per the instructions here before the deadline and indicate how many in your party will also be taking the Texas AI/CMC karting championship challenge.

Current RSVP attendees are:
Jessica Moser
Mike Bell
Marshall Mosty
Daron Cook +1
Todd Covini
Glenn Landrum +3
James Proctor +1
Robert King +1
Richard Pedersen +4
Chris Marvel +2
David Donovan +1
Nick Runyon +1
Jerry MacNeil
Chris Lyons +2
Michael Mosty +1
Eric F. Varner +2
Jeff Brooks
Micah Bishop
Mason Melkowits +1
LiiR 3
Jeff Burch +2

(Current attendance is around 50 attendees!!!)

It’s free…it’s fun…and it’ll be the biggest Texas AI/CMC banquet to date!

The following excuses are no longer accepted:
“It’s too far.”
“It’s too expensive.”
“I’ve been to Dallas too many times this month already.”
“My wife has other plans for me.”
“It won’t be that fun.”
“People I don’t like will be there.”
“I wasn’t in the top 5.”
"I really should be working on the racecar instead of getting to know the people who will finish ahead of me this year."
“Gee…I’d love to race in AI/CMC someday, but I still don’t have a car and those guys/gals are just too cool….I don’t think I can hang with them.”

"CINCH IT UP!!!"
See you there….

Todd Covini

CMC17
01-04-2007, 08:10 AM
If anyone needs a designated driver, come see me with your keys in-hand. I will take care of ya's.

Mike Bell
01-04-2007, 09:28 AM
"It is too far and too expensive for you to go to Dallas again this month" my wife said as she made other plans for me.

"You won't have fun because there will be people there you don't like, you didn't finish in the top 5, and you really should be working on the race car" she continued.

"I never could hang with them anyways" I conceded.

GlennCMC70
01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
i like you Mike.

Mike Bell
01-04-2007, 09:38 AM
i like you Mike.

Yeah, but I can't stand that Verner guy...

CMC17
01-04-2007, 09:44 AM
:shock:

If anyone knows him, I have his trophy.

GlennCMC70
01-04-2007, 09:44 AM
thats o.k.,he feels the same about me, so the circle is complete.

AllZWay
01-04-2007, 09:46 AM
i like you Mike.

I'll make another vote for Mike. :lol:

You don't have to sit near that Verner guy. :wink:

Mike Bell
01-04-2007, 09:50 AM
I've told my wife that all of you CMC drivers are a bunch of mean, low-down, dirty driving, no rules following, cheatin bastiches and that's the only reason why I haven't won a CMC race.

Naturally, she can't see why I want to go drink beer and race karts with you guys...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CMC17
01-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I've told my wife that all of you CMC drivers are a bunch of mean, low-down, dirty driving, no rules following, cheatin bastiches and that's the only reason why I haven't won a CMC race.

Naturally, she can't see why I want to go drink beer and race karts with you guys...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, that does it!!!! I'm not mean. :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Mike, you gotta stop being honest w/ your wife. somethings she just doesnt need to know. tell her you win all races, and we blow your shit up in tech. :P

Todd Covini
01-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Mike,
:idea: Try this one....

"...but....but....but....but honey...Todd said those excuses are no longer accepted!?!" :D

You'll be missed! :cry:

-=- T

marshall_mosty
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM
You don't have to sit near that Verner guy. :wink:

I don't mind sitting between anyone and that Verner guy... I'm an "out of class" driver anyway. I'm also not too ashamed to give a point by for anyone who wants to sit on the other side. 8)

GlennCMC70
01-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Mike,
:idea: Try this one....

"...but....but....but....but honey...Todd said those excuses are no longer accepted!?!" :D

You'll be missed! :cry:

-=- T

and talked about behind your back!

jeffburch
01-04-2007, 01:16 PM
OMG!
I shoulda copyrighted that phrase.
On second thought, I'm kinda tired of it.
Maybe I should auction it off.
jb

P.S.
When all the excuse makers place next year they'll understand
the importance of group participation.

CMC17
01-04-2007, 01:24 PM
OMG!
I shoulda copyrighted that phrase.
On second thought, I'm kinda tired of it.
Maybe I should auction it off.
jb

P.S.

Too late. lol Won't be the last time you see it. 8) 8)

Mike Bell
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
P.S.

Look JB, no matter how you slice it life gets in the way of the best laid plans.

I promise, if I place next year in the CMC standings I won't attend the banquet.

jeffburch
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Ouch!
K.
So, did my guilt trip work on you Mitch?

jb

GlennCMC70
01-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Ouch!
K.

jb

you were so hard on him, he's not going to help me saturday. thanks! :x

mitchntx
01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Me?

I am the king of whining and manipulation. Years of experience talking here.

Todd Covini
01-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Me?

I am the king of whining and manipulation. Years of experience talking here.

http://www.afi.com/wise/films/curse_of_the_cat_people/images/poster.jpg

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Ouch!
K.

jb

In a miraculous turn of events at my house, MBell +2 for the banquet please. Email sent. :lol:

AllZWay
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Ouch!
K.

jb

In a miraculous turn of events at my house, MBell +2 for the banquet please. Email sent. :lol:

wOOhOOO... I bet it was the pwhipped statement that got you. :lol:

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Not sure, I think that "curtain hanging" episode did it - magical stuff lol.

jeffburch
01-06-2007, 02:37 PM
GREAT!

jb

CMC17
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Awesome!!!!! Glad you and family will be able to make it.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:54 PM
looks like its working on Mitch too. keep up the pressure.

mitchntx
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Way to go, Mike. Some united front ...

I'm in ...

Mitch +0

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Sorry Mitch, I sold out on ya. :wink:

Looking foward to karting/beers/talking with our hands again... :lol:

jeffburch
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
O-M-G-!-!

jb

And love will steer the stars

CMC17
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I'm in ...

Mitch +0

<faints>

8)

marshall_mosty
01-06-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm glad everyone is coming up. Should be a blast... One week to work on the rest that can't make it.

I wish Matt White would come to show us rookie sKiLz yO!! It's all about a balance of ying and yang.... or chi, or something else...

Todd Covini
01-07-2007, 01:00 AM

I'm in ...

Mitch +0

AWESOME!!! It'll be great to have you guys there.
I knew as soon as we no longer accepted the listed excuses that you guys would listen to your Series Director and comply! 8)

I saw Clifton and Mixon today and they will be there as well.
Jessica can't make it now.

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-07-2007, 08:21 AM
I saw Clifton and Mixon today and they will be there as well.

Oh ... I'm out.

Mike Bell
01-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Finally, a chance to race Mixon in equal platforms lol.

Gotta lose 5 more lbs in the next week...

Todd Covini
01-08-2007, 12:25 AM
The banquet/karting plans are coming together nicely!!!

Don't forget to RSVP by Tuesday (if you haven't already) so we can get an accurate room/food/drink reservation before their deadline!!!

Get there early...there's going to be a ton of fun & entertainment & business to cover in a short time and it's going to go from idle to full throttle right at 6:30!!!

See you there!!!

-=- T

Todd Covini
01-10-2007, 01:34 AM
What: 2006 Texas AI/CMC Banquet
When: January 13, 2007. 6pm-10pm

So far;
Marshall Mosty
Daron Cook +1
Todd Covini
Glenn Landrum +4
James Proctor +1
Robert King +1
Richard Pedersen +4
Chris Marvel +1
David Donovan +1
Nick Runyon +1
Jerry MacNeil
Chris Lyons +1
Michael Mosty +1
Eric F. Varner +2
Jeff Brooks
Micah Bishop
Mason Melkowits +1
LiiR 3
Mike Bell +2
Mitch Warren +1
Richard Painter +3
Rob Liebbe +1
Lewis Tanner +1
Adam Ginsberg +1
Morgan Dawdy
Bud Sharp +1
David Fincik
Jeff Burch +1

Thank You!
jb

This will be our biggest and best Texas AI/CMC Banquet to date!!!
We'll be filling the room to capacity and so there will literally be "standing room only" (and likely no food) for anyone who has not RSVP'd above.

In addition, if you want your dinner comp'd (that means "free" for those in Granbury), you've got to be on the list above. Chris Lyons, our AI/CMC treasurer will be keeping track of the attendees/expenditures and will have a full "treasurer's report" during the banquet.

Also, remember your 2007 Texas AI/CMC Series fee of $20 is now due. These series dues will go toward putting on more great events like this one in the future. Since this evening will essentially be free for most thanks to the 2006 Series dues collected, monies raised and great sponsors like Argent Labs, this would be a great time to pay your $20 Series Dues if you plan on accumulating season points during the 2007 Texas region.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/133956.jpg

I'm excited to announce that my dear friend, co-host and trophy presenter for the evening will be Michelle from E Models. E Models is a subsidiary of Integrated Entertainment Group (IEG).

The E which stands for Exclusive, is based on the core group of girls that initially formed the E Models. Many of the E Models have been featured as an ESPN Game Day Girl, a Fear Factor Playmate, and also have modeled for some of the industry's top names including, Hugo Boss, Betsey Johnson, Stanley Korshak, and Kenneth Cole.

Together with Michelle, Texas AI/CMC will spend the nite concentrating on fun, recognizing our 2006 racers, friends & families, fun, recognizing our 2006 season champions, fun, World Premiere of the 2006 Season Video and a little ribbing, roasting and karting...which should be fun.

It's going to be a tight schedule so the Covini-Speak, Bitchin' and rules stuff will have to be at a bare minimum in order to get all the fun stuff in. So get there early to reserve your seat. Michelle and I will move thru the evening's agenda fast and we all can discuss more at the afterparty at the bar or on the slick-track!

See you there and if we have any final updates, Glenn, David, Al or I will post them here!

:shock: Boy, is Al Fernandez gonna wish he was here for this one!

-=- Todd Covini

marshall_mosty
01-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Ok Todd.... what strings did you have to pull to get Michelle??? Or is this going to be Mixon in drag? :shock:

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow, just wow.

Trophy gals rock, looks like I picked the wrong year to not podium lol.

mitchntx
01-10-2007, 07:39 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/133956.jpg

I'm excited to announce that my dear friend, co-host and trophy presenter for the evening will be Michelle from E Models.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty ...

Is that a leapord skin HANS she's wearing?

BTW ... the wife isn't coming with me, now. She doesn't realize it yet, but ...

(that means "free" for those in Granbury)

Why all the hate?

is this going to be Mixon in drag? :shock:

I'm out ...

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Uh, DFW amigos, what's that weather forecast looking like for Sunday morning? The forecasters down here are screaming like it's gonna be Armageddon or something close to it lol.

Me no drivee well in the ice/snow pellets/freezing rain ... :shock:

GlennCMC70
01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
resent news w/ regards to the pretty girl handing out the bling, my wife has been told she has to stay home. (j/k'ing). nice move Todd! but there will be someone who will complain, like me. why not twins????? :twisted:

if it does anything, it will be cleared up by 10am or so once traffic hits it. dont worry mike.

mitchntx
01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
It's been too warm lately for anything to stick.

GlennCMC70
01-10-2007, 09:07 AM
plus, its going to start raining here tomorrow so says the news. thats not going to help.

AllZWay
01-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Mixon in drag. http://www.jpmotorsports.biz/smilies/vomit.gif

jeffburch
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Regardless of a minimal amount of precipitation, tempertures should never reach into the 30's.

jb

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Regardless of a minimal amount of precipitation, tempertures should never reach into the 30's.

jb

Must be the weather man down here trying to bump up his ratings by scaring the womenfolk...

Rob Liebbe
01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Must be the weather man down here trying to bump up his ratings by scaring the womenfolk...

I guess it worked on you - so does that mean you are a woman?!?!?

Todd Covini
01-10-2007, 09:31 PM

I'm lost again, Rob...are you talking about Mike or Michelle? :?

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM

You spend a lot of time on it, think real hard, use some of that engineer smarts, then tell me what you decide - mmkay?? :roll:

GlennCMC70
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
forcast now has the sat night / sun morning at a low of 40 or so. no worries of ice.

Rob Liebbe
01-11-2007, 09:26 AM
You spend a lot of time on it, think real hard, use some of that engineer smarts, then tell me what you decide - mmkay?? :roll:

Thinking hurts my brain - so I'll go with man.

CMC17
01-11-2007, 09:36 AM

Thinking hurts my brain - so I'll go with man.

Smart move. ;)

Mike Bell
01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Bad choice Rob, I was gonna bake some cookies... :lol:

mitchntx
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
You guys need to get a room ...

Todd Covini
01-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Lost again...
Rob & Mike or Rob & Michelle???

Rob Liebbe
01-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Lost again...
Rob & Mike or Rob & Michelle???

I don't who to room with now. Does Michelle snore?

GlennCMC70
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
o.k. guys, i'm putting this out there so i can get a feel for what you guys think, get feedback, and to get everyone informed before we get there.

here is how the Kart Championship Race format will run.
we are limited to 14 racers @ a time. the top 7 of each heat will advance to the winners bracket. the bottom half to the losers bracket. fast lap of each of the first 2 heat races will automatically advance to the Championship round skipping the "winers / losers" bracket. top half (6) of the winners and the top half of the losers (6) bracket will advance to the Championship round (14). this will be the final round and the Champion Kart King will be crowned from this race.
i think we should also have a "spouse" race. each of you racers should do what you need to do to get your spouse in a kart for a race. this should be a really good race. it should also give them a chance to understand us a little more. :wink:
we will need to get into line as a group and do this. i will group each of you into a heat once i get to the Banquet.

also,cheating bastard practice will get you a stop-n-go penalty at the time of my choosing. i will have the cowboy hat on, so what i say goes, right Clifton? :P

Todd Covini
01-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Glenn,
You will be the Karting Race Director and hope you have a fun, fast, fair and clean set of races!

All 2006 AI/CMC dues paying drivers will be given a $25 "Play Card" to use as they wish. Each race costs ~$7...so if you don't advance to a championship round, you'll have money remaining on the Play Card to do anything else on the facility. (Try to beat the AI/CMC Karting lap record?)

:idea: The Speedzone track record will be dated & posted along with our other track records! :D

NON-AI/CMC racers may purchase $25 Play Cards for $20 (what-a-bah-gen) and compete in the AI/CMC Karting Championship or anything else.

GOLF IS FREE FOR ALL ATTENDEES....no one should pay for golfing!!!
(For that matter, no one should be golfing!!! We're racers and this is "SpeedZone", damn-it! <<kidding>>

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Will there be an orchestra for ballroom dancing competition?

What about a library?

Will there be internet access?

CMC17
01-12-2007, 08:07 AM
...also,cheating bastard practice will get you a stop-n-go penalty at the time of my choosing.

Whew.. I'm glad you will be watching.. I heard last night of several that were going to try and be there early... right Todd? 8) 8)

I'm the golf master... if anyone thinks they can take me down, bring it on!!! <big smiley>

"Cinch it up"!!

David Love AI27
01-12-2007, 08:17 AM
GOLF IS FREE FOR ALL ATTENDEES....no one should pay for golfing!!!
(For that matter, no one should be golfing!!! We're racers and this is "SpeedZone", damn-it! <<kidding>>

-=- Todd

Will trophy girl be presenting trophy for lowest round??? best chance I have to get next to "E" girl...

AI#97
01-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Will there be an orchestra for ballroom dancing competition?

What about a library?

Will there be internet access?

No, but I suggest rain coats...you can use them as yellow flags! :wink:

Waco Racer
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
also,cheating bastard practice will get you a stop-n-go penalty at the time of my choosing. i will have the cowboy hat on, so what i say goes, right Clifton? :P

Damn straight.

Waco Racer
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm the golf master... if anyone thinks they can take me down, bring it on!!! <big smiley>

"Cinch it up"!!

You're on straight-liner.

CMC17
01-12-2007, 12:33 PM

"Cinch it up"!!

You're on straight-liner.

Uh oh.. my bluff has been called. :shock:

Mike Bell
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Is the karting outdoors? I got this from www.txcn.com :shock:

Saturday
Hi 32°
Lo 29°
Ice Pellets

Sunday
Hi 31°
Lo 25°
Ice Pellets

chicane23
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Just think you can practice your wet line....in the rain or ice?

Just bring a poncho!

I can name a few that need the practice! ;-)

CMC17
01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I can name a few that need the practice! ;-)

<raises hand> Me for sure.

marshall_mosty
01-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Guys,
I just checked weather.com and it looks like "freezing rain" (low 30's) with wind chill in the low 20's until evening Sunday....

I know it's not common practice to run the slick track (slick in the dry), on a wet and/or frozen track. This could be fun!!! 8)

Hope everyone brings a fresh set of "rains".

However, I don't trust texas weather forecasting at all, so I bet it will be 70 degrees and sunny. In fact, I'll even bet Michael's car on it! :shock:

Mike Bell
01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
The forecast on www.weather.com still calls for freezing rain Saturday, heavy freezing rain on Sunday.

I'm gonna stay at home this weekend.

Sorry to miss the show but I don't want to get to the DFW area to find the roads icing over. :cry:

mitchntx
01-12-2007, 11:04 PM
My attendance will be a last minute decision.

Todd Covini
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
We're still on for Saturday nite!

The weather won't be nice, but from the forecasts I'm seeing the worst is happening now and precipitation should lessen as we go into the weekend and temps continue to come up as Dallas is at the southernmost tip of the storm.

I fully understand the weather concerns and , just like at the race track, everyone has to make their own choice to "run in the rain".

Right now, it looks as though having the AI, CMC and AIX championship cars at SpeedZone is not worthwhile and they won't be making the tow. (As it is, towing in the cold rain won't be fun at all and there won't be much of an outdoor crowd or photo session possible if the weather is inclement.)

Michelle is worried as she got into an accident during the last Dallas storm and is a little gun-shy driving over in another storm from Fort Worth. She'll monitor the weather and we'll talk Saturday afternoon to see if she can make it. If she can't make it, our friend Meg (and E Model backup) lives closer in Dallas and will hopefully be able to co-host the evening for us...as I can't do it alone!

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/134810.jpg

Speedzone has plenty of indoor attractions if the slick track isn't operating, but we'll see if we can run rain or shine!!! Watching the World Premiere Video a couple times also never gets old. hehehe

See you there!

-=- Todd

CMC17
01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm still planning on being there.

mitchntx
01-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Which weather forecast are you looking at?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/USTX1060?from=search_city

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
I don't know what a Plano is, but I was looking at Dallas.
Precipitation #'s go from 100% down to 70%
Temps go from 28 up to 33 over the course of the weekend.

If my high school buddies in Boston ever heard that I missed a racing/karting event because it was "too cold" and "raining real hard and might snow or even ice up"...I'd be minced meat (again).

Not trying to be macho...just that Northeastern upbringing I guess. :lol:
(I chuckled when I left my Houston office today and there was talk of a "snow day" on Monday and no one will be in the office.)

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-13-2007, 01:55 AM
I understand and having grown up in the panhandle of Texas where it does snow and ice frequently, I know how to drive in those conditions.

It's those folks that don't is what scares me.

I never knew you were so susceptible to peer pressure ...

jeffburch
01-13-2007, 07:56 AM
The ground is WAY too warm for any ice accumulation.
The freezing tempertures line will continue to move SE Sat/Sun.
The precipitation is breaking up and becoming more scattered.
Elevated roadways may have some accumulation if the temps ever get below 32*
TV sells bad weather. If you hear "very very" change the channel.

This link is from the DFW airport. A human actually observes and lists it here. http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KDFW.html

I use this site for most weather stuff http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

jb

RichardP
01-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Yea, but even the NOAA, who isn't trying to sell you anything, lists a 100% chance of freezing rain and an ice storm warning for Dallas.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=fwd&map.x=209&map.y=100

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=TXZ119&warncounty=TXC113&local_place1=Dallas&product1=Ice+Storm+Warning

It sure would be nice to be able to decide at 5:30 pm what to do with full knowledge of current, local information. From over five hours away, it's a bit tougher to know what to do...

Be safe out there.

Richard P.

Mike Bell
01-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I am very disappointed, I know much planning and effort went into this year's annual awards banquet and it sounded like it was going to be "over the top" in terms of fun and events. I tip my hat to all of your hard work and planning - we were really looking forward to the event and seeing you all.

Believe me, explaining to a 9 year old why it is too risky to go up to Dallas so he can play with his friends at a karting/arcade event isn't a fun duty. But I've been just south of DFW on I-45 when the first bridge we hit was iced over, traffic slowed to a 3mph crawl after that and we spent 2hrs to make 5 miles. Even if we dodged the ice on the way up then tomorrow AM might be a different story when it came time to get out of Dallas.

Mother Nature conspired against us. For those who "tough it out" and make it up there be safe and know that we wanted to be there too but in my case I opted for the safe play. :cry:

mitchntx
01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
The forecast does appear to be relaxing some.

I agree with Jeff. It has been way too warm (it was 65 yesterday) for there to be any accumulation on the ground. It's the bridges and over-passes that concern me ... and those guys in black, 3/4 ton, 4WD vehicles.

8)

CMC17
01-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Cold weather survival gear - check
Extra weight in truck - check
Food/water for 5 days - check
T-shirts - check
Video equipment - check
Emergency transponder - check

I agree that it's not me that I worry about. I spent many, many years driving in Tennessee on snow and ice (big hills too!!), but it's the other yahoo that can be a problem.

See you guys there. 8)

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 10:19 AM
guys, call me if you need any help. i do not think anyone will have issues getting here. most of us have a 4WD vehicle, but those who dont can call me. i'll do what i can.
214-869-9603

w/ enough notice, i can come get you and take you to the banquet.

NASA13
01-13-2007, 11:33 AM
guys, call me if you need any help. i do not think anyone will have issues getting here. most of us have a 4WD vehicle, but those who dont can call me. i'll do what i can.
214-869-9603

w/ enough notice, i can come get you and take you to the banquet.

Thanks Glenn. I am in South Austin. We are ready as soon as you can get here. It will just be Lisa and me and Charlie. I have 6 wheel drive but I am still kinda scared. :oops:

Seriously though, what is the plan. Is the event going to happen no matter what? What about Karting?

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
EVENT IS RESCHEDULED!!!

The Dallas weather is worsening....original predictions of the ice conditions arriving @ midnight are now moving up to sundown tonight.

Speedzone called and will not be holding any karting activities.
All of the other groups Speedzone was to host this evening have rescheduled. They would prefer not to remain open for Texas AI/CMC and if we hold the event would still be contractually bound by our contract.

In the interest of safety for everyone the Banquet will be rescheduled for the weekend of our Round 1 at MSRH and I'll look to have the same level of excitement planned.

Please pass on the word and let everyone know!!!
Sorry guys...this really is a disappointment. :cry:

-=- Todd Covini

jeffburch
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Round 1 at Houston or Round 2 at Cresson?

jb

CMC17
01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Houston

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Round 1 @ MSRH.

I'm a firm believer in having our 2006 Awards Banquet AFTER the 2006 season and BEFORE the 2007 Season.

If we could reschedule for the next 2 weekends, I would...but I'm not optimistic that we could get the participation we would if we held it at MSRH.

NASA TX was already planning their awards banquet for that Saturday nite and we'll just have to bring our pre-planned party and show'em how it's done!!! :wink:

Shannon & I have discussed this back-up plan this week and we'll go into Plan B mode for 6PM February 3rd. (Similar Agenda)

-=- Todd

Mike Bell
01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
How about both? Since we've had a major disruption in plans, seems likely that not everyone will be able to attend the MSRH weekend. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have two parties... 8)

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 12:44 PM
could eveyone who was on the list to attend please post here letting us know they have seen this. yes, i'm keeping a list. if anyone has Jerry McNiel's #, please call him or Mica.

Cory, i said "w/ enough notice", today is not enough notice for you! :P
plus, cant you just drive on the grass all the way here? :lol:

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I talked to Micah and Jerry....they arrived this AM @ 5.
They are across the street from Speedzone at the Hampton Inn.
Ughhh....chalk up another major disappointment for Team Warhorse...who drove up from Mississippi. :cry:

-=- T

michaelmosty
01-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Well crap. :(
I was looking forward to the festivities and the 2006 video!! How about a peak at the video, I can't wait 3 more weeks!!!

Waco Racer
01-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Too bad about the weather. We were looking forward to the party. Stay safe.

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Glenn,
I've talked to (direct & indirect):
Pedersen
Varner
Bishop
McNeil
Donovan
Landrum
Ginsberg
Tanner
Brooks
Jason Love of LiiR
Hays
Liebbe
Fincik
Boudy
...and all the event services folks who cancelled (karts, models, hotel, etc)

:cry:

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 01:13 PM
left messages for Nick R and James P.

mitchntx
01-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Amazing ... you guys will go to any length to have this banquet in Houston, won't you.

:roll:

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/b/be/benkoboris/559112_mad_cat.jpg

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
guys/gals, if you can add to this list of people who know the banquet is canceled, please do so.

Daron Cook +1
Robert King +1
Chris Marvel +1
Chris Lyons +1
Mason Melkowits +1
Richard Painter +3
Morgan Dawdy
Bud Sharp +1
Misty & Martin Cain??

the above are people who are on the quest list who i do not know if they have been contacted.

oz98cobra
01-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Mason and I are aware

oz98cobra
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
So DFW folks, if Jerry and Micah are staying in town overnight, what are we doing to get together with them in lieu of the banquet?

y5e06
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
i just got a couple messages about the cancellation.

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
i'm heading to Hooters w/ the wife and kids. i'll buy if they come on down. its about 1-2 hours out thier way. plus, if i was those guys, i would be getting the F out of Dodge.

Mike Bell
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
So DFW folks, if Jerry and Micah are staying in town overnight, what are we doing to get together with them in lieu of the banquet?

I vote we spend the remaining AI/CMC funds on getting Jerry and Micah a steak dinner and some alcohol!! I really feel bad for those guys, seems the least we could do for them lol.

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Mike, you got my vote.

BSharp
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Got it.

BSharp
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Got it.

rpoz27
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Got the message. Thanks!

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Someone call Mixon.
He's probably still trying to figure out what to wear! :shock: :D

Nick
01-13-2007, 03:21 PM
If the DFW folks get together somewhere, call to let us know.

I too would like to see the video.

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 03:33 PM

It would be great if you guys could host Jerry & Micah if they don't get out of dodge tonight!

Regarding the video, sorry but since the Banquet has been rescheduled...so has the World Premiere Video and all the other activities planned for the Banquet. :?

Eric & I are just as upset about having to wait another 3 weeks and the suspense is killing us...but let's hold off on showing the video until the Banquet.

-=- Todd

...Right David????? :wink:

macstang
01-13-2007, 09:51 PM
FYI...after sleeping in a bit, Jerry and Micah turned around and are headed back home.

micah
01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
i'm home 2 more hours for jerry, thanks to adam and jeff for the invites for sleep overs, thought it better to move while we still could

marshall_mosty
01-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Micah,
Sorry that you and Jerry made a wasted trip. Hopefully the rest of '07 is better for you and this was just what was remaining from '06... (get rid of the bad juju 8) )

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 11:54 PM
You Dallas boys better wake up in the morning to a foot of snow, have to shovel your cars out of the driveway only to have the plows & sanders drive by and throw another 6" in right after you finish! :twisted:

-=- Todd

gt40
01-14-2007, 12:57 AM
You Dallas boys better wake up in the morning to a foot of snow, have to shovel your cars out of the driveway only to have the plows & sanders drive by and throw another 6" in right after you finish! :twisted:

-=- ToddHa! Everything's just fine here in McKinney. Ice in the trees, but that's all. Streets are OK, and even the over passes seem to be ok. I dunno about farther west though...

macstang
01-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Im home.

I turned down a promotion at work to get this weekend off.

And I volunteered for an overseas tour.
Just to go to Dallas and back in a rain storm.......

Texas yall

Mike Bell
01-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear Team Warhorse made it home ok, sorry to hear you had a wasted drive to Dallas though.

donovan
01-14-2007, 10:41 AM

It would be great if you guys could host Jerry & Micah if they don't get out of dodge tonight!

Regarding the video, sorry but since the Banquet has been rescheduled...so has the World Premiere Video and all the other activities planned for the Banquet. :?

Eric & I are just as upset about having to wait another 3 weeks and the suspense is killing us...but let's hold off on showing the video until the Banquet.

-=- Todd

...Right David????? :wink:

Keep a lookout on Ebay... I have 50 copies going up today!

Todd Covini
01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
This is how black markets get started. :cry: