PDA

View Full Version : THE 40 Minute Race POLL

NASA13
03-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Quit yer bitchin and lets vote.

David Love AI27
04-01-2006, 02:49 PM
at what point will a decision be made?? 50+%, 2/3rds majority, or unanamous(sp)? Will the decision be made 1 week before event, the morning of the event, while sitting on grid, after the first few laps? are we just voting for fun or what?????

To Todd, Adam and the other directors or decision makers:

The larger the field of drivers the more you will find objections to your decisions. I have led many organizations and found that it is best to make a decision and run with it... if it benefits the majority then it is a good decision... I just want some advanced notice...

Thanks

Todd Covini
04-01-2006, 03:24 PM
David,
You're absolutely right. There will be times where the directors need to just make a decision and run with it. This topic is a perfect example of where that should have just been done.

Voting gives us a great idea of what the group prefers, but that does not necessarily mean we are going to do it. There are many other players/factors that go into such decisions that the group might not be fully aware of.

For instance, the group might decide that success ballast for Varner and JG is a great idea and we get 90% of the folks in favor of it...but that doesn't mean we'll do it because it has regional, national, rules and administrative implications if we did.

So vote away...and we'll continue to do what's best for the big picture!

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
The following is a quote from one of our directors. I believe we should show our support....

"the group might decide that success ballast for Varner and JG is a great idea"

Now we're talking... I vote yes.... how many times can I vote?