PDA

View Full Version : New Texas AI/CMC Leadership Team Announcement

Todd Covini
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
New Texas AI/CMC Leadership Team Announced for 2007!
Effective December 1, 2006

It is with great pleasure to announce that Al Fernandez, CMC Director from NASA’s Northern California region will transfer to the NASA Texas region effective Jan. 1, 2007. Mr. Fernandez will retain his current duties as a CMC Series Director and report to Todd Covini, the Texas AI/CMC Series Director. Adam Ginsberg and Richard Pedersen have resigned from their previous Series Director roles and we sincerely thank them both for all of their numerous contributions over the past few years to get Texas AI/CMC up and running strongly! Texas AI/CMC would not be what it is today without their efforts!

With the increased car count we’ve seen in Texas and the anticipated growth of the series in the years to come, it is now necessary for us to expand this leadership team to keep up with the rapid growth. As such, Glenn Landrum and David Donovan will become Asst. Series Directors to further help us with our AI/CMC goals and objectives.

With the full support of NASA Texas and NASA Headquarters behind us, these 4 series directors will take on the task of meeting (and hopefully exceeding) all of our expectations for Texas AI/CMC. In the coming months prior to our Season Opening Round of races, we’ll provide further details as to their roles and responsibilities.

From a Texas regional perspective, we’ll be able to effectively serve our existing, potential and rookie racers as well as recruit AI/CMC racers across the State:
Todd Covini- Houston Area
Al Fernandez- Houston Area
David Donovan- Austin Area
Glenn Landrum- Dallas Area

From a Series perspective, while we’ll be representing both AI & CMC on race weekends, we’ll now be able to effectively & fairly concentrate our efforts on both AI & CMC:
Todd Covini- American Iron
David Donovan- American Iron
Al Fernandez- Camaro-Mustang Challenge
Glenn Landrum- Camaro-Mustang Challenge

From a manufacturer’s standpoint, we’ll have first-hand series director knowledge, racecar ownership and on-track eyes/ears to effectively and fairly look after all aspects of our primary car makes, Ford & Chevrolet:
Todd Covini- Mustang
Al Fernandez- Camaro
David Donovan- Mustang
Glenn Landrum- Camaro

Finally, I’m happy to report that these four series directors will work together to conduct our weekend tech inspections, rules interpretations and bring the in-depth series knowledge that they possess into this important part of our series and racing season event after event. NASA has endorsed this approach and we look forward to working closely with the NASA Texas staff. Per the CCR and Class rules, the Series Directors will work closely with the Race Director and his staff of Tech officials throughout this process.

I’d like to take the time here, to also recognize the ongoing efforts of a few other key personnel. Jeff Brooks, our Texas AI/CMC Webmaster for his contributions and really providing a step-change in the way we communicate within our region. Chris Lyons, who continues as our Series Treasurer to maintain our annual dues and series funds. Robert Boudreaux of Argent Lab Race Radios, whose efforts have established the start of a safety broadcast for the series as well as sponsor many of our off track events, including the upcoming 4th Annual Awards Banquet on Jan. 13 in Dallas. Lastly, to the many, many volunteers who offer up to step up and help out whenever necessary.

So stay tuned as we now put our plans into place and get ready for another exciting year of Texas AI/CMC Racing!!!

Sincerely,

Todd Covini

Al Fernandez
12-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I realized that at first I couldnt post in this thread so I didnt properly introduce myself...and then I flat forgot! Luckily I had a chance to be out at MSR-C not that long ago so I got to meet a lot of you back then, but I am probably a little bit of a surprise to the rest.

Todd didnt mention a whole lot about me though, and a lot of the non-CMC guys in the group probably have little to no idea who the hell I am, so here is a brief primer...I live in Concord Ca, just east of San Fran where I've been a National Director for CMC for three years now. I'm moving to Houston because all big oil employees eventually move to Houston!

I do not intend on sweeping in and making a bunch of radical changes to how this group runs. However, the entire Texas AI/CMC leadership team and I do intend on making changes where we think changes are warranted, some of which Todd has already alluded to, and maintaining where appropriate. Rest assured that it will all be with the intent of improving the breed, making your race weekends as fun and safe as possible, and recruiting new competitors to the group.

Last thing I wanted to say is that this group is almost exclusively why I'm excited to be moving to Texas. This and finally being able to move out of a closet sized house! All of you guys that were there at MSR...well, I was really impressed by the hospitality, the camaraderie, and the serious racing. I can't wait to get out there with you guys!