PDA

View Full Version : New NASA Racing Series Announced

Todd Covini
12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.nasasimracing.com

Guess I might have to check this out.
I'm sure many of us have already been there, done that.

-=- Todd

jeffburch
12-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh no.
Time could've been better spent getting sponsors together and selling
the real racing. Producing TV time and selling it.
Look at all the "other" racing that's on TV this time of year.

Oh well.

jb

Mike Bell
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
OK, sign me up. I've never seen this, thanks for posting it Todd!

AllZWay
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh no.
Time could've been better spent getting sponsors together and selling
the real racing. Producing TV time and selling it.
Look at all the "other" racing that's on TV this time of year.

Oh well.

jb

I agree with Jeff.

AI#97
12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Not to be a wet rag here but you have to be fucking kidding me!

If I join, can I get Toyo Bucks?!

Mike Bell
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Got my Logitech G25 and copy of GTR2/GT Legends otw. :lol:

gt40
12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.nasasimracing.com

Guess I might have to check this out.
I'm sure many of us have already been there, done that.

-=- ToddErr...

Umm...

No.

(I'd rather drift than that. Besides, I suck at computer game racing.)

Al Fernandez
12-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I would do it, but they dont have a class where you have to run a stock computer with only 512megs of Ram and a serial port restrictor plate. :lol:

jeffburch
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
gtr2/gtl @ Compusa $29.99
I'm still buzzing in the Lotus Cortina (gtl). Sux. Need Cheat codes.
Mad that Ratbag has no support for the G25. Major Bummer.

jb

mitchntx
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I would do it, but they dont have a class where you have to run a stock computer with only 512megs of Ram and a serial port restrictor plate. :lol:

As long as there is no tear down rule ....

http://nosheep.net/wp-content/upload/cat_in_tower.jpg

jeffburch
12-13-2006, 10:40 PM
............I mean, does anybody actually watch Tuner Transformation or Street Tuner Challenge?
I know for a fact the episode of Unique Whips (that was on tonite after Pinks) with Patty LaBelle I saw LAST winter.
TV time ain't that damned expensive.

I see Clifton as the host telling the camera how f'd up and twisted all the ai/cmc goobers are and then alot of pit b.s. with G.L. and both M.W's running on about their setups and on track drama. A little Racebrat mixed in.
The Hallett episode alone woulda made a mint.
Gotta be better than this NOPI crap.
Several in-cars, 3 cams trackside.
Just sell some Toyos.
Sims are for kids :lol:

I feel better now, rant off.

jb

addition http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=137198&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Waco Racer
12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Would I have to wear make-up? I guess I could borrow some from Matt.

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2006, 09:29 AM
The Hallett episode alone woulda made a mint.

x2. 2005, and 2006.

The rest of your rant is right on the money.

Rob Liebbe
12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I'd be interested if they accurately model Jeff, Glenn, Todd, Eric, and Corey. I gotta get used to Corey's dive-bomb tactics.

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 09:51 AM
We have a family friend who is/was a cameraman for some motion pictures. I think he shot most of the helicopter scenes in the Charlie Sheen movie "The Chase" and he also worked on the Robocop movie filmed in Houston. I'll try and get some discussion with him regarding what it would take to do a top-quality film of one of our events. I'm sure the costs are outrageous but if I can talk him into working free and find the "min equipment" level needed it might be an option.

Isn't Mitch involved in this type of work somehow? I can't recall the details so my apologies on this one.

gt40
12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
We have a family friend who is/was a cameraman for some motion pictures. I think he shot most of the helicopter scenes in the Charlie Sheen movie "The Chase" and he also worked on the Robocop movie filmed in Houston. I'll try and get some discussion with him regarding what it would take to do a top-quality film of one of our events. I'm sure the costs are outrageous but if I can talk him into working free and find the "min equipment" level needed it might be an option.

Isn't Mitch involved in this type of work somehow? I can't recall the details so my apologies on this one.I can work on this too. My sister is an assistant director and has shot a ton of location stuff (assistant directors get all the shitty assignments the real director doesn't want to do -- so it's mostly location stuff in miserable weather.)

This isn't going to be cheap, if done right.

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Robert,

I'm not sure that "done right" is gonna be in the budget for our grassroots deal lol. Maybe you could ping your contact for some "ideas" on how to best film this type event?

I plan on picking my camera operator buddy's brain for ideas as well. That way maybe we could get the footage done at the event, then later splice it in with some in-car stuff as well as overdub some narration and perhaps end up with a pretty good "first attempt" production?

Who knows, maybe even hit the bigtime with an airing on Public Access channels in Houston, DFW and even Austin areas? I love the public access stuff I see when I visit Austin. If "black helicopter" conspiracy theorist koo-koos can get 30 minutes of Austin airtime, NASATX stands a chance, no? :lol:

jeffburch
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
It all starts with an executive producer.
Someone passionate they can sell the product.
This person has to bank roll the production, then sell it.
The product isn't so much us goobers as it is what is in the commercial breaks.
Pinks for instance is executively produced by the bald headed host Rich Christiansen. He produces a 30 min whole block.
He buys a 30min whole block of time (prime).
If he want to put a 30min Toyo tire ad in there he can but know one would watch and he wouldn't make any money. So he sells the breaks to whomever will give him money. This is what Lucas oil does for themselves. It's a 30min whole block of their stuff centered around whatever they wish to show. Be it fig8 "racing" at Irwindale or offroad whatever.
This is why SCCA's stuff is on only a couple of times per year and is on in the wee hrs because it's cheaper time. They know their audience will record it. But scca sells the breaks cause they bought the whole block. CART or whatever they are called this year does the same thing but spends major coin to put in in the afternoons on cbs or whatever.
NASA holds the rights to do whatever they wish to do with American Iron and Camaro-Mustang Challenge. These products are copyrighted (Corey!) but they choose to just sit on them. Dunno why.
Also, it don't take a big wad of money to shoot one of our races. All the equipment is avail for rent. Timecoding allows for all tape to be synced when using multiple cameras at the sime time. The editor would draw the biggest salary. Someone with experience in producing these types of programs would be where I would start inquiring with.
Who produced that show at MSRC? Dunno. Who does the SCCA use?
Maybe somebody knows someone out at the movie studios of Los Colinas here in Irving. Regardless, it's NASA call to ever sell their product. Not mine or anyone elses here. Just me thinking out loud. Done correctly, you could sell it.
jb

GlennCMC70
12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
there are some guys who work in that type of industry who post alot over on LS2.com and are inthe DFW area. i'll make a post to see what type of responce i get.
since this has gotten so far off topic, anyone wanna start another post on this subject?

jeffburch
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
We have photogs here that freelance.
I just pinged one on general costs.
Photog and sound guy with equip per 8hr day is 1200.00
Post production with graphics into a 3 segment 30min show is 5-6k.
So, I think doing the Nationals would run over 100k (all run groups).

A 30min GooberTx production around 15-30k.

(Cherry pickers, an engineer, a grip or 2, Talent?)
(rent cars, food, lodging, travel OMG!)

Just need an EP with a wad-o-cash

jb

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I had my sights set a whole lot lower.

I'm just gonna see if I can talk my buddy into doing some filming for free, I hand him the camera and he does the shooting.

mitchntx
12-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Jeff, you describe a production airing on network. We're talking cable here. You've got that network or bust mentality we corporate goobs call "network weenies". 8)

Good shows have been produced for a lot less.

Covering a race, for instance ...

At MSR-C cameras needed ...

2 at Big Bend .. an approach and an exit.
1 at the end of the straight
2 at rattlesnake
1 at Wagon Wheel
1 at Ricochet
1 at Little bend
1 at Buzzard neck
2 covering Tombstone
1 for the side straight.

12 cameras ... 12 camera folks (not goobers), scaffold and power

3 roving cameras to get crowd reaction, pit road interviews and "interesting angles".

As many in-car cameras as possible.

Each camera would record to tape and the whole race would be edited together, showing the interesting races.

Once cut together, then have a pair of announcers do their thing to the tape. Doesn't have to be live.

Find the appropriate dead spots to insert 30, 60 and 120 second spots.

Now you have a canned product you could sell for single race.

Or ... do a 30 minute "hi-light" of the whole weekend, treated the same way.

Problem is, that becomes a full-time job producing such a show. Gathering all the video, logging it, synchronizing the camera shots, color correcting because we had to use a couple camera "goobers" and the finally editing it together is a monumental, time consuming task. My hat is off to you Mr. Varner. Me, Jeff and your family probably are the only ones who know the amount of time you spent putting the YIR production together.

Finally, if something like what Eric did last year is produced, Axle ain't gonna go for using "Sweet Child 'O Mine" with out some compensation.

And as much air-play as it's getting on Streetfire, it surprises me that NASA hasn't been contacted by a copyright attorney representing Mr. Rose.

AllZWay
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
since this has gotten so far off topic, anyone wanna start another post on this subject?

For my buddy Mitch... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/XR6Martin/Cat_bite.gif

Todd Covini
12-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Will it cost more than dyno recertifications? :wink:

gt40
12-14-2006, 12:17 PM
2 at Big Bend .. an approach and an exit.
1 at the end of the straight
2 at rattlesnake
1 at Wagon Wheel
1 at Ricochet
1 at Little bend
1 at Buzzard neck
2 covering Tombstone
1 for the side straight.

12 cameras ... 12 camera folks (not goobers), scaffold and power

3 roving cameras to get crowd reaction, pit road interviews and "interesting angles".Not cheap. Not at all. You don't want to shoot this kind of stuff with camcorders.

Finally, if something like what Eric did last year is produced, Axle ain't gonna go for using "Sweet Child 'O Mine" with out some compensation.I can most likely get us good music for free. Brother-in-law is a professional musician with contacts with good bands who'd like the exposure. All they'd likely ask for is credit at the end of the production.

As for public-access production, there are generally restrictions involved with that. I know a guy who has worked on several public access productions in the past who can give us advice as far as Dallas public-access is concerned.

jeffburch
12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Mitch.
What is your budget?
Children from the elementary school with crayolas rendering the race to construction paper are gonna want a happy meal at least.
A "weinie" roast might not cut it.
If you don't go for broadcast, you don't recover costs.

jb

GlennCMC70
12-14-2006, 12:29 PM
when the 2005 YIR vid came out, alot of folks from all over wanted a copy. they were willing to pay for it. why not go straight to DVD! :wink:
really. why not?

GlennCMC70
12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
o.k. - i pointed a couple guys from the afformentioned site. they should be reading over here and i hope they register and post up their thoughts.

i love the drive this group has.

Todd Covini
12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Look guys, I love the drive and ingenuity...but...

1) We're way off topic...what about NASA SimRacing? :lol:

2) Eric & David's videos are put together for fun and for all of ours (and others) benefit. (Kinda like the christmas video I'll put together of our family in a few weeks.) Let's not ruin a good thing by getting all "corporate" on us.

3) Once you go commercial (i.e.- for profit, for sponsorship/marketing, for NASA) then we're entering a whole new realm of licensing, funding, copyrights, permissions, etc that is in the bigger league of NASA TX and NASA National.

Continue the discussion on a different thread, figure out the resources we have in order to put together a video production proposal to NASA and the series directors can cull/validate that information and present it to the right people at the right time. Let's stay organized and focused!

-=- T

jeffburch
12-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Once again;
A professional Videographer/photojournelist/goober rents a BetaCam, microphones and mixer and hires a man to operate this audio equipment while he shoots.
This 2 man operation including equipment rental IS $1200 for a straight 8 hour day. Just the cost of equipment and their operation.

Times 15?

jb

Todd Covini
12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Years ago, NorCal NASA had a monthly local-access TV show covering the race weekends and spent a ton of money on it. It lasted a season.

Many years ago, SoCal NASA regional directors spent over $10k in a 30 min. local-access TV show years ago and the product was mediocre.

Just a few years ago, NASA spent some money on an AI/CMC segment on Hot Rod TV. (The 15 minute spot is on the internet somewhere.)

It's been done before...the returns aren't as lucrative as we'd like them to be...and so the interest hasn't peaked just yet. But that's not to say that in the coming year or so someone makes another go of it. (My point is that we're not breaking new ground.)

Here's a thought. Each racer can contribute $500 into the series dues fund, we can get a production together and the result is that NASA gets more members, NASA TX might get more entries, we might get more racers to join us and we'll all be local heros! WooHoo! :oops:

Personally, I think the money is better spent on the grassroots efforts we're doing now...and if NASA wants me to star in a video production they are putting together, I'd more than likely oblige. 8)

-=- Todd

PS- I'd like to drive a V10 Lister at the Neubergring. (Reference to SimRacing....a whole other topic. :lol: )

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Will it cost more than dyno recertifications? :wink:

Cheap video starring the current cast of players = priceless.

Random dyno run proving car X is still under 230/300 = worthless.

Next time just give me a phone call when you want to exchange jabs, more fun when it's real time. :wink:

mitchntx
12-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Once again;
A professional Videographer/photojournelist/goober rents a BetaCam, microphones and mixer and hires a man to operate this audio equipment while he shoots.
This 2 man operation including equipment rental IS $1200 for a straight 8 hour day. Just the cost of equipment and their operation.

Times 15?

jb

And I'm saying that a 3 CCD GL2 miniDV with a Beachtek and Sennheiser will afford similar results, equipment wise.

But like I said, a goober on a trippod will give you peanuts to use in post.

The money is in the people ...

I've justified a lot of equipment with a BVU moniker. I now use Canon GL2 and Adobe Premiere Pro and get just as good a result as I did with TBCed BetaSP. And the tapes and batteries last longer. ;)

Does it have all that fancy sync crap to justify the FCC for broadcast timing? No. But, we're talking cable here, not broadcast ...

mitchntx
12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Look guys, I love the drive and ingenuity...but...

1) We're way off topic...what about NASA SimRacing? :lol:

When are you gonna learn that nothing is sacred? Any topic started here is fair game.

If you want exact and complete on-topic discussions, C-C.com is probably your place. It's cold and it's to the point. But, there's lotsa "tech" ... kind of like science class in high school ...

Until a newb comes along, then it gets interesting ...

:wink:

AI#97
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM

Clifton, I don't have enough Rock Star Make up to make you look good....that would take A LOT of CGI and this Goober Production ain't got that in the budget..... :lol:

Toss me a bigger beach ball next time old timer! :wink:

what I find funny about this thread is the fact that as a complete newb 9 months ago, I was arguing that this was REAL racing like it was the Grand Am cup or something....you guys argued it was Grassroots. Now 9 months later, I realize it REALLY is Goober racing and you now you guys want to make movies to put our ugly mugs on TV! :shock:

The most expensive part of this production you have ALL failed to calculate is the requisite bikini contest and all the scantilly clothed slutty bitches walking around gracing the hoods of our cars and stretching the logos of our sponsors over their finely shaped breasts...I will return later to complete my thought but I need a moment.... :lol:

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Matt, the single guy.................. :lol:

AI#97
12-14-2006, 03:27 PM
aha....ok, back on. What you all also fail to realize that you will All need to get new haircuts...except for todd, to get the COOL kali beach spikes going, slant our eyes a little and lose about 40lbs each at a minimum, AND puke chrome parts all over our cars. THAT is what sponsors are looking for to try and sell their parts on TV....that and a lot of HOT ASS walking around. THAT is the only reason I even begin to tune into Street Tuner or any other Jap Crap show is for the bikini girls in the foam party shaking their ass....NOT the fart canned mini cars.

Hell, we could put together a video of strippers climbing all over our cars with their mouths wide open and never have to put a car on the track to sell TV time. Priorities boys.....get them straight!!!!! :lol: :P

AI#97
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM

Not quite there but working on it.... :?

mitchntx
12-14-2006, 03:30 PM
The probability of "volunteer" workers would go up ...

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Not quite there but working on it.... :?

I'd be in a ton of trouble at the house if these turned into NOPI tuner-vision type events lol. I catch enough flak just running off to the few events we do per year, toss in some bikini's and I might be doing sim-racing full time (how's that for back on topic - sorta?).

AI#97
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
The probability of "volunteer" workers would go up ...

As would the probability of PAYING Spectators.... :roll:

Todd Covini
12-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Couple clarifications-

1) My jab regarding dyno recerts wasn't aimed directly at you, MB. The group as a whole pushed back on that concept...you were just the spokesman! :lol:

2) The term "goober racing" is very relative. It's all what we make out of it, guys!

To the guy at the Kragen parts counter who has seen/read about AI/CMC....we're the big time!!!

Conversely, I've been to the 24 hours of Daytona a few times to spectate to see how the pros do it...and there were a lot "goobers" there and a lot of complaints about "goober racing" in the driver meeting.

-=- T

GlennCMC70
12-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Todd, i think the point of the rambling of all this is, NASA should use the funds for sim racing towards marketing something it already has.

i get soooooo tired of asking "how much track time do you have?" only to be answered w/ "GT3 on my PS2, or X-Box, or ______." last thing we need is NASA perpetuating that mentality that we all hate w/ the name in which we represent.

Mike Bell
12-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I was under the impression that NASA was GAINING funds here lol. Appears to me they are trying to get more members by appealing to the "online sim" crowd to get them to plunk down for a NASA membership.

I doubt there will be a huge group of folks who decide to do real life W2W just because they got a NASA membership card.

I fear for the safety of HPDE1 intructors however.... :shock:

GlennCMC70
12-14-2006, 05:21 PM
i admit i know nothing of how all that marketing of the NASA name works.

marshall_mosty
12-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I fear for the safety of HPDE1 intructors however.... :shock:

Mine's been hung out there a few times with group 1 guys... no more than a "special" student I'll call "Bob". (No offense to anyone actually named Bob).

Marshall: "How many track days do you have?"
Bob: "This is my second full weekend"
Marshall: "Great, was your 1st weekend at this track (MSR-H)?"
Bob: "Yes"
Marshall: <mental thought> okay, this might not be so bad.
Bob: "I normally do a bunch of PS2 racing with my friends"
Marshall: <mental thought> forget that last thought...
Marshall: “I’ll just watch you for a lap to see where we stand then I’ll start the instruction, okay?”
Bob: “Fine…”
Marshall: <going into T2> “Are there any areas that you specifically want or need to work on?”
Bob: “Well, sometimes I forget to hit the brakes…”
Marshall: “……… Huh?”
Bob: “Sometime I do well in one corner and then forget what to do in the next corner.”
Marshall: “Okay, I’ll start instructing right now then…”

AI#97
12-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Bob: “Well, sometimes I forget to hit the brakes…”
Marshall: “……… Huh?”
Bob: “Sometime I do well in one corner and then forget what to do in the next corner.”
Marshall: “Okay, I’ll start instructing right now then…”

Holy Christ!!! the .....should be finished with " and I will be exiting the car ASAFP and the exit to the race track is right over there. Have a nice day!"

Honestly, the only thing this might do is get the Jap Crap brigade clubs to bring 50 fart monsters to the track and wreck 35 of them in T1 because they all think the cars will miraculously "restart" and keep going...

As long as they all bring hondas and run in Group X, fine....but let's get a tow truck that can just shove them up in a pile and get the track hot again! :roll:

Waco Racer
12-14-2006, 06:09 PM

Clifton, I don't have enough Rock Star Make up to make you look good....that would take A LOT of CGI and this Goober Production ain't got that in the budget..... :lol:

Toss me a bigger beach ball next time old timer! :wink:

I figured your purse is the only one that can hold that much make-up. :D

Todd Covini
12-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Todd, i think the point of the rambling of all this is, NASA should use the funds for sim racing towards marketing something it already has.

i get soooooo tired of asking "how much track time do you have?" only to be answered w/ "GT3 on my PS2, or X-Box, or ______." last thing we need is NASA perpetuating that mentality that we all hate w/ the name in which we represent.

OK....NOOoooow this thread is coming around full circle.
<<I'm so glad I didn't lock it earlier. :D >>

I'm speaking for myself here (not as a director) and only reading the tea leaves and watching the historical trends...

Let's think really big picture for a second...macro-economics.

Expensive video productions do a great deal to reward and recognize the stars of the film, our current racers. I like to think that Eric & David are doing an awesome job of that now with thousands of current RACERS around the nation chomping at the bitt for our newest edition.

In order for those other expensive video productions to actually recruit racers and new drivers, you first have to get them in front of the TV and tune to the channel where it's being aired. (Unfortunately our stuff would likely air somewhere between Midnight and 5AM...where the only people who will watch/DVR it is.....us! The Racers!

Besides...we're not going to get the newest generation of racer in front of the TV (let alone to tune into our channel/show) because they are all Simracing or playing video games!!! There is a HUGE wave of future racers out there that are going to reach the top of their game in PS3 or Simracing....have some money in their pocket, and look for some opentrack/entry level racing. They are going to turn to the name that is familiar to them...and that's NASA.

I've never Simraced in my life....but frankly, I think this new announcement is brilliant, exciting, cutting edge and the whole reason that NASA is at the forefront of the newer, younger breed of entry level racing! This is what gives NASA the competitive edge over that other organization.

So...What's the best price on a G25 steering wheel?
I've put it on my Christmas list as "the only thing I want this year."

-=- Todd

AI#97
12-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I figured your purse is the only one that can hold that much make-up. :D

It's NOT a purse....it's a bag of tricks and lies. The rest is just for fun! :wink:

jeffburch
12-15-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=11364

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12460

jb

CMC17
12-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh man.. I would like to direct something like this, but know that with what we have to work with and monetary limitations, it would be tough. I thought about doing nothing but camera work next season to help bring to life some of the ideas I have rumbling around in my head.

ACTION!
CUT!!! no no no!!! not like that!!

GlennCMC70
12-15-2006, 11:12 AM
ACTION!

then you would say "get out, let me show you how its done!"
2 minutes later "see, was that so hard?"

:lol:

Mike Bell
12-15-2006, 11:16 AM
ACTION!

I'm confused, would this be an example of Eric talking to himself again???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jeffburch
12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm contemplating a new 1080 (vertical line) camera.
Picture is SOOOoooooo sexy.
Makes my $85 Samsung from ebay
look like a toy. I'm with Eric.
Can't get enough of CMC/AI vids.
Can't wait to see all the stuff at the banquet.
I hope everyone gets cameras going this year.
jb

CMC17
12-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Tough crowd. lol :lol:

<gets out bullhorn>

"When I say ACTION, that doesn't mean to drive it off into the dirt, rocks, mud or high grass!!" "Keep it on the pavement, but I do know to some of you, this will be uncharted territory!!!" "Do the best you can and pick up the parade lap speeds.. PLEASE!!"

CMC17
12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm contemplating a new 1080 (vertical line) camera.

jb

Adopt me if you get one!!! 8)

CMC17
12-15-2006, 11:34 AM
jb

Oh, I agree!! More video the better!

I will have an extra camera if anyone wants to borrow it during an event. All you need to have is a secure place to mount it. I will supply the tapes and charged batteries!!!

GlennCMC70
12-15-2006, 11:41 AM
my vid quality is limited by the $50 bullet cami have. i'm going to look around to see if i can get a nice one.

AI#97
12-15-2006, 11:49 AM
my vid quality is limited by the $50 bullet cami have. i'm going to look around to see if i can get a nice one.

Been considering one of those myself so i can put it on the roof, inside the wheel well, looking rearward from the bumper and maybe even on the front splitter about 3" off the ground...

where did you get yours?

jeffburch
12-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Been considering one of those myself so i can put it on the roof, inside the wheel well, looking rearward from the bumper and maybe even on the front splitter about 3" off the ground...

where did you get yours?

For that risky cam position, you might lookinto something like this
http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=6&scid=14&pid=709
There's a thread about them somewhere on cc.com.

jb

michaelmosty
12-15-2006, 12:54 PM
jb

Oh, I agree!! More video the better!

Agreed, $100 camera mount and $200 digital camera (open box buy) :wink: and you are set to go. It's always great watching the video from the weekend wondering how in the world you went off 3 times......ok, 12 times. :lol:

GlennCMC70
12-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Fry's.