mitchntx
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Interesting ...

jeffburch
04-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Interesting ...

Aahh, come on you cheatin bastard!
Give it up. Tell us all about it.
Walk us thru with insightful descriptions of it all.
Post some vid.

jb

mitchntx
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I would have never thought the section leading up to Ricochet would now be the fastest part of the track .... I get "air" like exiting T3 at TWS. My shiftlight just blinks in 4th gear.

The section that parallels the entrance road ... think of it as Rattlesnake in 4th gear.

The Hairpin ... better put yer driftin' hat on

The Hill of Death ... just be thankful you won't see it comin' when Adam spins

Need to practice yer trail braking. ABS would be your friend ...

I overheard an instructor today say it this way ...

"Jack took the safest track in America and gave it some TEETH!"

mitchntx
04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Vids soon ...

mitchntx
04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Carnage!

A Vette put 2 wheels off and lost an oil pan.

A Bimmer went straight off at the bottom of the hill and was sitting next to the fence next to the hiway. He had to cross a creek to get there.

CMC17
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Carnage!

A Vette put 2 wheels off and lost an oil pan.

A Bimmer went straight off at the bottom of the hill and was sitting next to the fence next to the hiway. He had to cross a creek to get there.

....and we really want to go racing on this part? Sounds like we need some ramps, jumps and fireworks to along with the show. :shock:

mitchntx
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Eric, this track has "SchuVarner" written all over it ...

mitchntx
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Who will host a 5.1 MB .wmv file of the 3.1?

Adam Ginsberg
04-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Mitch - give me a call for hosting info. Call the cell.

mitchntx
04-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Right Click/Save As ...

www.shrackracing.com/hosting/mitch_warren/MSRC_04_01_3-1.wmv

Thanks Adam

chris-CMC#35
04-03-2006, 01:54 PM
that looks like a BOATLOAD of fun.

Todd Covini
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Looks like fun...definately do-able for a race. :twisted:

Just out of curiousity...for comparison reasons only....not asking as a director...no malicousness intended...void of any accusations....sarcasm completely out of the question....

Were you running with or without your restrictor plate at this non-competition weekend?

-=- Todd

PS- Car sounds good.

mitchntx
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I wanted to try the car without a restrictor plate as I've never run on track without it. But decided against it.

I was there on a recon mission and didn't want to skew any temps, fuel useage, shift points, etc That and I didn't have any replacement TB gaskets ... and the restrictor plate was sealed at NPR last year. I would've had to of cut the seal.

I shift at 5K rpm ... the restrictor plate cause the motor to run out of breath at about 5000 ....

Adam Ginsberg
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
You car sounds like Steve McQueen's green Mustang in Bullitt. Nice. ;)

Hopefully, we'll race the full course in 2007.

michaelmosty
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Just to stir the pot a little...
Was there a final reason why we aren't running the 3.1? I saw on the MSR website that the 1.3 is a "member day" so I would think it is still available.

oz98cobra
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Mitch, your car sounds BADASS! Adam, we gotta put a Chebby in #5 - is it legal? ;)

I'll get some in-car video up as soon as I can from the Cobra - it won't sound anywhere near as good, but there will be a lot less coasting :twisted: ;)

I was so keen for NASA to race on the 3.1 in April, but after having driven it and instructed on the long track, I actually think it is a good thing we are not - the track isn't ready or safe enough for a full blown NASA event just yet IMO.

Firstly, with how loose the HPDE is run at NASA TX events, if they ran HPDE as the track is now, they would be spending half the weekend with the track shutdown retrieving broken cars, or worse, someone would likely get hurt. I don't say this in jest either - I'm deadly serious - DriversEdge runs a much tighter DE ship than NASA HPDE - they ALWAYS have an instructor in newbies cars, and their solo students are generally much more experienced when they are allowed to run solo, and there were still multiple incidents this past weekend including an 05 Mustang into the tirewall and several car to car contact near misses that could have been very nasty.

From a racing perspective, it is going to be a whole lot of fun - I can't wait to be in the middle of a CMC pack charging 3 wide down that hill! But the track needs some work on the edges and some additional safety modificatons such as tire walls/dirt barriers need to be completed and/or installed. As it stands right now, there is at least 1 maybe 2 sections of the new track where it is possible for a car to go off track and end up coming back on in front of cars coming the other way - until barriers are built there, I don't see it is safe to race on it. Of course the shoulders need to mature as well, as right now, any off track excursions in the new section almost certainly require a halt to proceedings while the cleaning crew is called out to remove the boulders - not to mention the high probability of car damage.

Should be a blast in 07 though!

mitchntx
04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
You car sounds like Steve McQueen's green Mustang in Bullitt. Nice. ;)

In 1982 I began work in A/V production.

Any rookie editor can edit a sound track ...

CMC17
04-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I picked up 2sec a lap... listen and feel the sound!! OMG!! :shock:
8)

:lol:

<right click/save as>
http://www.tek-racing.net/CMC17-ChebbyPower.mpg <24meg>

or just click on

http://www.tek-racing.net/CMC17-ChebbyPower.wmv <6meg>

I gotz to get me one of those motors!!

oz98cobra
04-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Here is some in-car from the Cobra. Sound track sucks - I don't have time to edit in Mitch's engine unfortunately... hey EV, when you've got nothing better to do ... ;)

Apologies for the retard comments after the hairpin - I was just having way too much fun! :mrgreen: I blanked out the colorful bit to avoid a work warning...

http://www.downunderracing.com/gallery/DC-TDE-MSR-0604-newsection-1.wmv

As usual, right click and save as ...

That was part of a 2m34 something lap, which is about where the CMC groove is going to be. Fast AI guys will crack 2m30 no worries. It's surprizing how much speed you can carry through that hairpin if you nail it right - I really liked to come in hot, trail brake to get the rear end loose and rotate the car, then kick in the gas to keep the tail out just a little and the speed up - it would break loose where the camber of the corner changed and 4 wheel drift nicely out to the outside on corner exit - but the new track is grippy like MSRH so there was plenty of time for it to settle down and bite and you carried plenty more corner exit speed than taking it in a more traditional manner :) Just imagine 3 or 4 of us all doing that together in a race! :twisted:

And yes that's 6000rpm in 3rd flat to the boards all the way down the hill! Better than Six Flags for sure! The corner worker at the flag station at the bottom of the hill says that Mason and I in the Cobras were really flying down the hill noticably quicker than most ... Mason likes Six Flags too ;)

mitchntx
04-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Note to self ... just stop.

CMC17
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Daron,

I can't get the link to work. Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me? :lol:

CMC17
04-04-2006, 08:25 AM

Wha??? I wanna be just like you. 8)

mitchntx
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM

Wha??? I wanna be just like you. 8)

And I want you to as well ...

oz98cobra
04-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Daron,

I can't get the link to work. Anyone else have the same problem or is it just me? :lol:

Apparently my hosting service was down for 3 hours this morning - that's 3 hours of the 9 they allow themselves each year to be within theor claimed 99.9% uptime.

should be no problem now?

CMC17
04-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Daron,

Apparently my hosting service was down for 3 hours this morning - that's 3 hours of the 9 they allow themselves each year to be within theor claimed 99.9% uptime.

should be no problem now?

Looks like it is working now. Thx!