PDA

View Full Version : AI/CMC Things to do during the off-season

Todd Covini
12-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Just a memory jogger and checklist of things we all should be thinking about before the first event of the 2007 season. (Personally, I like to get started on a number of these things over the holidays in the hopes of having them all done before the season begins.) Here they are:

1) Attend the 4th Annual AI/CMC Awards Banquet - Tons of fun, info, inspiration, memories, comeraderie, get to meet your future competitors, beat the series champions on a kart track, be the first to see the 2006 season video and many, many more surprises! (RSVP to Jeff Burch...here or there.)

2) Obtain/Renew your NASA Membership(www.nasaproracing.com)

3) Obtain/Renew your NASA Competition License (www.nasaproracing.com)

4) Inspect racecar and every system/component/nut/bolt to assess the remaining life of all consumable items. Where possible, renew now. (Ensures a minimal maintenance race season.)

5) Inspect truck/ trailer and assess tires, wheels, bearings, lights, etc. and assess the remaining life of all consumable items. Where possible, renew now. (Ensures a minimal maintenance race season.)

6) Renew racecar appearance. Fix any cracks, dents, dings as much as possible to meet/exceed the 50/50 rule. Expectations for all cars are that of a nice,clean appearance. (Subtle changes in a racecar's appearance/ paint scheme help to distinquish year to year history of your car looking back in time.)

7) Declare a team (if applicable). (Teams must be declared to the series directors before your first points accumulating race.)

8 ) If new to the series, get a car number. (Contact David Donovan or one of the Series Directors.)

9) Read & Print the latest CCR and put them in a “track friendly” binder. (Keep along with your helmet so they are both at the track when you are.)

10) Read & Print the latest Series rules and put them in a “track friendly” binder. (Keep along with your helmet so they are both at the track when you are.)

11) Ensure all safety gear is up to par regardless of expiration dates (helmet, belts, net, seat, fuel cell, etc)

12) Get annual tech inspection (more details coming soon. Annual tech sites to TBD or trackside at Round 1)

13) Get annual dyno certification (more details coming soon. 2007 Dyno Certs must be conducted after 10/22/06 and before 2/3/07. Dyno Day tentatively planned for 1/20/07 in the tri-cities.)

14) Get required decals (Class, windshield, name, #, Toyo, etc etc)

15) Research/obtain sponsors and/or learn about series sponsor commitments. (NASA contingency sponsors typically start getting announced in January.)

16) Research feasibility of attending the Nationals in Sept and/or the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December. (More details will be coming up on these big events and Texas AI/CMC plans to be involved in these big events. All Texas racers are invited to be a part of these historical events as we show the rest of the country what we're made of...so start planning on it now!

I'm sure some others will have some to add here...but that's my list! :wink:

Todd Covini

AI#97
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Todd, I am taking my sweet time with your list....any idea if round 2 will be the 3.1 at MSR Cresson...Just trying to figure out if I need to be ready by March or April...

Thanks!

mw

AllZWay
12-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I really need to find out about the Dyno day.

Todd Covini
12-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Work is behind us and the "vacation begins".
We should have more details soon.

1) Clifton may have some insight into the MSRH 3.1...we should know no later than 1/7/07.

2) Dyno Day details will be out shortly. Tentatively scheduled for 1/20.

-=- T