PDA

View Full Version : Hood Louvers for AI

Nick L
01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello All,

I just moved back to Texas from California and am looking forward to racing back in the homeland. I did actually spend some time on the track with Todd while he was out there, not sure if that was a good or bad thing...

My question for the crowd. Are hood louvers legal in AI?

See you at the track!

Nick
#71, orange 3rd gen camaro, thats right, a chevy! :twisted: beware all you mustangs

AI#97
01-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Hello All,

I just moved back to Texas from California and am looking forward to racing back in the homeland. I did actually spend some time on the track with Todd while he was out there, not sure if that was a good or bad thing...

My question for the crowd. Are hood louvers legal in AI?

See you at the track!

Nick
#71, orange 3rd gen camaro, thats right, a chevy! :twisted: beware all you mustangs

Mine came stock that way....atleast that's my story! :wink:

Bring it...you'll need it! :lol:

Oh, and using Todd as a reference won't get you too far around these parts....after the wig incident we are all watching our backs!!! :shock: :lol:

donovan
01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Most of the AI cars have some type of heat extraction. I have a Steeda Hood with intergrated louvers. Some people have cut holes and made custom louvers.

Yes its legal!

Please, if you have not already done it, download the latest rules for AI and read.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/American-Iron-Rules.pdf

Welcome to Texas! or Back to Texas as it sounds!
David D.
AI #7

donovan
01-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Don't listen to Matt. He's scared of all cars Mustangs and Camaros...

Todd Covini
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM

...and make sure you give Matt a point by or else he gets reeeaally cranky. :roll:

Welcome back, Nick!!!
I look forward to seeing you and your family trackside once again!!!

-=- Todd

PS- Hood louvers/heat extraction in AI is legal.

Nick L
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Now Now, #97, I will bring it, you can count on that... the question is, can you handle it?

Sounds like a plan on the louvers... thanks for the update

I think I will go with "it came that way"

Cheers, Nick

AI#97
01-04-2007, 07:33 PM

...and make sure you give Matt a point by or else he gets reeeaally cranky. :roll:

Didn't need many of those after the first couple of races....although, that Sunday race in October seemed like a train of slow cars in front of me....still not quite sure how that happened! :oops:

David, the only car I fear is one that isn't running....like MY OWN!!! I just hate working on the race car.... :(