PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

rpoz27
01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Dick Conole, long time owner of Texas World Speedway, passed away on Wednesday, January 3, 2007. In the last several months, he started making appearances at MSC events in order to get to know us better and let us know him. Those of you who were at the last few TWS Motorsports Club events may have met and spoken with him. Over the months that I knew Mr. Conole, we spoke many times about changes that could be made to make events more enjoyable and safer for all. I found that his opinions matched mine and he was very open to feedback from all of you. Our discussions were always enjoyable and I'll miss them. He was a tough businessman, but also a very kind, intelligent person who was thrilled to see people at his track enjoying the sport he loved. Those of us who knew him, even a little bit, were better for it. We'll miss you, Dick. Rest in peace.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear this Misty. I never had the pleasure of meeting him. My condolences to his family for their loss.

NASA13
01-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I just heard yesterday. That is terrible news.
I hope that someone follows his footsteps and keeps TWS going strong.

Racebrat
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I've known Mr. Conole most of my life and heard this sad news last night. I've always respected him. He was a staple at TWS and it will never be the same without him.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 02:09 PM
This is sad news indeed. While it is a part of life, we are never fully prepared for the loss, let alone sudden loss.

Misty, please pass along my heart-felt sympathies and let the family know they will be added to my prayer list.

His extended family, those who operate TWS and those of us who make us of it, have all lost a family member.