Novice Driver Education-HPDE 1

Beginner Driver Education- HPDE 2
Intermediate Driver Education- HPDE 3

Advanced Driver Education (Race Craft)- HPDE 4
Competition Licensing
Time Trials

GlennCMC70
01-29-2007, 08:35 AM
the weather is looking nice for this. highs in the low 60's and lows in the mid 40's. sunny.

Mike Bell
01-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Anyone seen a schedule? Any Friday happy hour practice available? What time is the last race Sunday for our group? TIA.

GlennCMC70
01-29-2007, 08:44 AM
i've heard mention that the schedule is done and is held up w/in NASA TX.
i've seen mention that they are trying to work out at least a happy hour friday.
last race sunday is around lunch.

Racebrat
01-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Schedule should be out today, don't know what held it up.

Not sure about a Happy Hour. I'll defer to Clifton on that one.

Y'alls last session Sunday is scheduled for 11:05 am to 11:45 am with lunch immediately following.

Hope this helps and I'll post the schedule here ASAP.

A

Mike Bell
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Schedule should be out today, don't know what held it up.

Not sure about a Happy Hour. I'll defer to Clifton on that one.

Y'alls last session Sunday is scheduled for 11:05 am to 11:45 am with lunch immediately following.

Hope this helps and I'll post the schedule here ASAP.

A

Look, some of us are trying to decide when to leave/arrive on Friday. If there is a happy hour practice and we can get our annual tech done early, then I want to be there Friday in time to setup. I hope that makes sense. But, in order to sneak out on Friday I have to arrange plans with the employees, the customer, the wife, etc.

I don't really want to start off 2007 by being a jerk (maybe it's too late for that?) but the fact is here we are 5 days from when we are supposed to be loaded and on the road and we don't have all the facts we need to decide when/where to show up.

Racebrat
01-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm posting it, here ya go

Sorry for the Delay. I don't know (and still don't) what the hold up is/was.

A

Mike Bell
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks Adrian, guess that means no happy hour practice on Friday?

Racebrat
01-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks Adrian, guess that means no happy hour practice on Friday?

That is correct, anything "on track" on Friday is run through MSR Houston. Sorry :-(

Let me know if I can help anymore!

A

chicane23
01-29-2007, 06:35 PM
That is correct, anything "on track" on Friday is run through MSR Houston. Sorry :-(

A

And this is like $250 if I remember correctly ;-)

Mike Bell
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM

A

And this is like $250 if I remember correctly ;-)

Yeah, saw that on the MSRH calendar. Too steep for me. Was hoping for a $50 happy hour deal like we got back in the good old days...

Racebrat
02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Thank You to all of y'all that came out this weekend! It was great to see everyone again and the racing was awesome! We had a blast and hope all of you did too.

The banquet Saturday night was fun. Y'all know how to party! Congratulations to all of you for an outstanding 2006 season. You proved to the entire country that the Texas AI/CMC group is a force to be reckoned with. The video was great and a special thanks to David D. for my copy. I appreciate it.

Another special Thanks to Todd and Al for backing me up while Clifton was racing SM. I appreciate your wisdom and guidance. I couldn't have done it without you.

Hope to see everyone (and I mean everyone!!) next month at Cresson!

See ya soon!

A

PS- what did y'all think of the new medals? I'd like to hear your feedback on that as well as anything else from the weekend.

donovan
02-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Adrian, If you hear from any of the other staff members that want a DVD, please have them contact me, I will be glad to get them a copy. I walked around and passed out a lot, but I'm sure I missed someone, and I'm sure not everyone was there.

david at donovanracing dot com

or have them find me at MSR-C next month, I will bring extras for those that did not get them.

David D.

AllZWay
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey David... I really appreciate my copy also. Great job producing them.

mitchntx
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm not taking ANYTHING away from David's efforts. It was outstanding and I very much appreciate what he did.

But after being an editor for 25 years, I know first hand the countless, and I do mean a staggering number of hours Eric spent editing that piece together ... time NOT spent working on his car or with his family. And we see what happened to his car.

Think about it ... there was video footage from 5 or 6 cars and a couple trackside cameras. Each race had 20 minutes of footage times 5 cars time 4 races per weekend time 6 races. You do the math, but that is mountains of time spent just watching tape, not necessarily logging, cateloging, capturing, editing, sequencing, timing and, exporting a finished product. And then have Todd come back and say "Photoshop cat pics into it ..."

Most folks just don't realize the time and effort spent making something like that

I would think it would be a kind gesture for this group to ear mark a portion of the dues we gave to Chris and let Eric take his family out to dinner and a movie as a very special "thank you" for giving us this priceless, yet free, entertainment.

And I think Todd should go help him rebuild his motor.

jeffburch
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I had tape from 22 races plus Nat's (that I submitted).
I'm in the biz.
I know what Eric did.
His contributions to TX CMC/AI continue to amaze and astound us all.
It's a toss up between he, TC and DD for the coveted title of

MR. CMC/AI!

I love you all. (you too RP & AG. oh and AF & GL and.... cue house band....)
jb

CMC17
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys. :D :oops:

I don't know what to say other than later on through the ages we have something to look back upon and enjoy the memories.

Hopefully the video this year will be a cut above last years, but with the low car count I have my reservations.

Onward and upward. :D

Hope to see you all again soon.

donovan
02-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks JB, …EV deserves it.

I am happy to produce it, videos like this are great exposure for the series in general and the Texas Region.

DD