PDA

View Full Version : SVTOA On Track At TWS - March 31 & April 1

chicane23
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
SVTOA On Track At TWS

March 31 & April 1

For the Fourth Year, the SVTOA Lone Star Round Up will be visiting the Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas. Jeff Lacuna, SVTOA’s lead driving instructor and his team of instructors will be at the track to help everyone get up to speed. You're saying, 'I've never done this before.' Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere and what better opportunity is there than learning with a professional instructor sitting next to you and driving with your fellow SVT owners? You learn at your own pace... with plenty of time on the track.

So ask yourself, "Do I want to put a smile on my face?" Well, we think the answer is YES! To accomplish this goal, all you need to do is register for this event. We'll guarantee that you leave with a big smile... no matter what your driving ability is when you arrive on Saturday.

Schedule of Events:

Friday, March 30
Meet 'n Greet
Registration/Tech Inspection

Saturday, March 31
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities
Dinner at Rudy’s Barbeque

Sunday, April 1
Tech/Pre Registration
On Track Driving Activities

To Register go to www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com

Or go to www.svtoaok.com to down load a registration form.

AI#97
01-22-2007, 04:22 PM
already on the instructor list and hope to have my heap together by then....so I don't have to thrash a V6 rental again!!!

Tex89
01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I just signed up?

chicane23
04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
You guys missed a great event. We had 5 sessions on both Saturday and Sunday not to mention all the great new cars that showed up. There were 4 new GT500s out on track this weekend.

We had some great sponsors that contributed over $4,000 in raffle prizes.
50 Resto
Steeda
JBA Headers and Performance Exhaust
Tommie Vaughn Ford
Track Guys
Blevens Enterprises
Chicane 23

Dean Martin, from Rehagen Racing (http://www.rehagenracing.com) was in attendance and brought two of their newest Grand Am Koni Challenge Mustangs to "shake down". Wow, really nice cars.

We had a very exciting demonstration race with the the following:

Joe Johnson in his new '04 Grand Am car (White)
John George in Joe's '00 Cobra R
Jonathan Blevins in his Factory Five (Silver)
David Armstong in his '95 AIX Cobra
Tom Shepard '95 Cobra R Grand Am Zipo car
Jorge Guerrero '02 Z06
Dean Martin in the White S197 Grand Am Koni Challenge Mustangs
Mike McGovern in the Red S197 Grand Am Koni Challenge Mustangs
Wayne Manor in his '94 World Challenge Mustang (Shamu)

The weather could not have been better.

Look for the next track event to be at TWS on April 21 & 22 with Drivers Edge.

NASA13
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I would have loved to be there. But I figured if they thought wimpy ol Ginsberg was too much of a loose cannon to instruct there, that I didnt stand a chance. Did Wayne instruct ?
I am glad you guys had fun.
:D

GlennCMC70
04-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Cory, i feel as though your beating around the bush about something. got something you need to say???
:wink: