PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Annual AI/CMC Banquet is Back!!!

Todd Covini
01-21-2007, 08:37 PM
We've combined forces with NASA TX and will be bringing the banquet to MSRH on Saturday 2/3!!! More details to follow...

-=- T

Todd Covini
01-23-2007, 01:46 AM
More details are coming together.
Final preparations are underway.

Saturday Feb. 3rd @ MSRH in the Driver Source "Trackside Hall".

NASA TX and AI/CMC are joining forces and will bring the 2006 Awards Banquet to MSRH!

Preliminary plans are for:
++Full catering, full sit-down meal, awards banquet style evening for the whole family after the races ~6-7pm (TBD)!
++The return of your Host and co-Host(s) (currently narrowed down to 9 models...with the finalist(s) to be named this weekend!!!) to honor our 2006 Champions, racers and racing season!
++The World Premiere AI/CMC Season Recap Video.
++2006 Season Trophy Presentations and Photo Sessions

...a few surprises, some roasting and much, much more!!!

Whether you are racing at this event or not, this is STILL not going to be a banquet you want to miss!!!

Todd's Current Co-Host Candidates (I have a few more friends to choose from in Houston and they are sooo much nicer than those Dallas girls! 8) )

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/137625.jpg
AIMEE ^
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/137626.jpg
BRITTANY ^

[edited to only reflect the finalists]

"We" will see you there!!!
Todd Covini

Mike Bell
01-23-2007, 09:25 AM
How about a NSFW on that?

Rob Liebbe
01-23-2007, 01:40 PM
NSFW?!?!? They were all clothed. :) :D :o :lol: I'm gonna print them out and hang them on my wall!!!!

I vote for all 9 to be there on Saturday.

AI#97
01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
NSFW?!?!? They were all clothed. :) :D :o :lol: I'm gonna print them out and hang them on my wall!!!!

I vote for all 9 to be there on Saturday.

If need be, I am sure the Capps Team will loan us a van to bring them ALL down!!! I'll drive!! :wink:

Rob Liebbe
01-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm likin' the way Matt is thinkin'.

Todd Covini
01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Erika is now out....too shy.
Shy don't fly.
There is no S,H or Y in AI/CMC.

Down to 8...

-=- Simon 8)

AI#97
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Bout' time someone sees the Genius in my thoughts!!!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-23-2007, 06:54 PM

well, that or its the only smart thing you've ever said.
bah dum chink! :lol:

jeffburch
01-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I have to work till 6pm Fri nite (Downtown Dallas).

I'm lookin for a ride to Houston departing at about that time.
Anyone coming through Dallas?
Just me and a duffle bag.

Thx,
jb

AI#97
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM

well, that or its the only smart thing you've ever said.
bah dum chink! :lol:

Who you calling bah dumb chink?!!! It's CHING!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't even get a rim shot right man!!! :wink:

rpoz27
01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey! Where are the hot guys? Oh wait, I missed Michelle. Thanks for the token, but he's a little old. :D

jeffburch
01-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Ah!

Why bother?

Nevermind.

jb

Mike Bell
01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
C'mon JB, just load up that Camaro Friday night and come race! Otherwise I'll be wondering just how fast I really really am with no benchmark of the #3 to set me straight lol.

We can celebrate your championship in style!! :D

GlennCMC70
01-24-2007, 09:36 AM
i find it rather disapointing that i'm the only one of the top 3 thats going. an all GM Championship after years of all Ford, and 2 of the 3 guys aint showing.

CMC17
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
It's going to be an all Ford podium for all the races that weekend. Just accept it.

8)

GlennCMC70
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
well w/ like 3 GM's showing up, we are a little out numbered. but i can bet i'll get on the podium at least once.

CMC17
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
That's the spirit!!! 8)

Mike Bell
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
You got 3 GM's in CMC showing up? Yum-yum!

Houston weather is supposed to be great for the first event weekend!

AI#97
01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
also looks like the top 3 in AI aren't making it either...for the race that is. Unless something changes, I won't be at the banquet either. Got to work on the race car if I plan on making April...or may seeing it's been raining so much up here.

RichardP
01-24-2007, 02:16 PM
also looks like the top 3 in AI aren't making it either...for the race that is. Unless something changes, I won't be at the banquet either. Got to work on the race car if I plan on making April...or may seeing it's been raining so much up here.

I'll be there... for the banquet. For the first event since I started racing with NASA in August of 2003, the #91 AI car won't be entered. It's really weird for me not to be getting the car ready.

As for you not attending the banquet, "Got to work on the race car..."??? Excuse me? Don't forget to wash your hair and do your nails while you are at it. For a single guy with no kids, that would be the ultimate in lame excuses even if the next event wasn't months away. :roll:

If you don't want to go and are looking for excuses to toss out, at least make them good. Something like: "I'm terrified that Todd is going to screw up the model deal and show up in drag to try and make up for it." You know, something we can sympathize with. :D

Richard P.

chicane23
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM
I have a short block for you Richard.

Let me know if you are interested.

Nick
01-24-2007, 08:23 PM
My decision to not attend Houston in February was made long ago.
Can't help that the banquet date and location were moved. The mere mention of a "winter blast" locks down the whole state...

i find it rather disapointing that i'm the only one of the top 3 thats going. an all GM Championship after years of all Ford, and 2 of the 3 guys aint showing.

GlennCMC70
01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
i dont expect everyone to race all races. i would like to see you guys drive down for the banquet, have a few beers, talk alot of shit and have some fun.

Todd Covini
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Corey can't make it.
He's flying corporate jets that weekend.
Here's one of his "in-cockpit" videos. :wink:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

-=- T

PS- Misty...thanks...we're down to 7 now. :shock:

AI#97
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
As for you not attending the banquet, "Got to work on the race car..."??? Excuse me? Don't forget to wash your hair and do your nails while you are at it. For a single guy with no kids, that would be the ultimate in lame excuses even if the next event wasn't months away. :roll:

If you don't want to go and are looking for excuses to toss out, at least make them good. Something like: "I'm terrified that Todd is going to screw up the model deal and show up in drag to try and make up for it." You know, something we can sympathize with. :D

Richard P.

How about Houston is too fucking far to drive and I don't feel like spending $300 in gas/lodging and food to NOT be racing. Not to mention that YES, I am afraid of Todd showing up in drag.

Besides, I just picked up two pups today and will be close to home with them for a few weeks. Great dogs but only 10 weeks old.

Overall, I don't think there is going to be a full season of racing any way so there is NO real hurry to return to racing any time soon. I proved what I wanted to myself and that's enough for now. Right now I am planning on Eagle's Canyon (if it actually happens!), TWS and maybe one Houston event to try and qualify for Nationals....but budgets have been severely shrunk. I can't take this sponsorship deal until my divorce is final which I don't see being done for several more months. I think I can safely say I am never getting married again...atleast not in TX... :(

RichardP
01-25-2007, 09:29 AM
How about Houston is too fucking far to drive and I don't feel like spending $300 in gas/lodging and food to NOT be racing.

OK, but $300 is complete bunk. If you aren't bringing the car, you could ride with someone who is. Camp out or share a room with someone. Bring some food with you. You are still going to eat whether you are here or there. It doesn't have to be more expensive just because you are away from home.

Besides, I just picked up two pups today and will be close to home with them for a few weeks. Great dogs but only 10 weeks old.

Now that's a much better excuse. Have fun with them... :)

Richard P.

donovan
01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Matt's just scared...

Mike Bell
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Corey can't make it.
He's flying corporate jets that weekend.
Here's one of his "in-cockpit" videos. :wink:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/flylow

-=- T

PS- Misty...thanks...we're down to 7 now. :shock:

Man, that is some scary flying there... :shock:

AI#97
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Matt's just scared...

Of getting my hands dirty....the motor is still in the damn car. :oops:

Todd Covini
01-26-2007, 02:19 AM
More details are coming together.
Final preparations are underway.

Saturday Feb. 3rd @ MSRH in the Driver Source "Trackside Hall".

NASA TX and AI/CMC are joining forces and will bring the 2006 Awards Banquet to MSRH!

Preliminary plans are for:
++Full catering, full sit-down meal, awards banquet style evening for the whole family after the races ~6-7pm (TBD)!
++The return of your Host and co-Host(s) (currently narrowed down to 9 models...with the finalist(s) to be named this weekend!!!) to honor our 2006 Champions, racers and racing season!
++The World Premiere AI/CMC Season Recap Video.
++2006 Season Trophy Presentations and Photo Sessions

...a few surprises, some roasting and much, much more!!!

Whether you are racing at this event or not, this is STILL not going to be a banquet you want to miss!!!

Todd's Current Co-Host Candidates (I have a few more friends to choose from in Houston and they are sooo much nicer than those Dallas girls! 8) )

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/137625.jpg
AIMEE ^
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/137626.jpg
BRITTANY ^

[edited to only reflect the finalists]

"We" will see you there!!!
Todd Covini

The Finalists have been determined!
We are down to Aimee & Brittany as possible co-hosts for the evening.
One or both of them will assist me in celebrating the achievements of our 2006 Champions and Racers in one week.

Here are a few more photos if you're still undecided whether you'll be attending or not.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/138248.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/138249.jpgAIMEE^^^

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/138250.jpghttp://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/138251.jpg
BRITTANY^^^

...and Misty. Per your request, I'm not sure if this Hot Guy will be able to make it, but I'm still working on it. 8) http://www.brentbutler.com/images/pics/1137639499.jpg

-=- T

AI#97
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Dibbs on Brittany... only wish I could go!

rpoz27
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
LOL! I'll make sure to wear my firesuit to the dinner, Todd.

Todd Covini
01-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Both Aimee & Brittany are now confirmed...and we will also have a special co-host as well!

Things keep gettin' better every day! :D

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
01-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Dibbs on Brittany... only wish I could go!

Must be present to claim Dibbs.

Sorry...rules are rules. :wink:

-=- T

cmarvel
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry folks, but it looks like I won't make it either.

My brother has requested my presence at his Change of Command ceremony this weekend. In his 19 1/2 years in the Army/National Guard, this is the only event he has ever asked me to attend.

I was hoping to at least make Saturday, but it isn't going to work.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

oz98cobra
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Seeing as how it looks like not a single one of our 3 class winners will be present at the banquet at MSRH to accept their awards, perhaps we should consider holding a "banquet part 2" at the MSRC round?

Todd Covini
01-29-2007, 10:10 PM
2 out of 3 champions will be there this weekend.

We can hold a little impromptu @ round 2 for those who still didn't get their trophy...and heck, after the World Premiere has been released...we can relive that as many times as needed!

You guys will be on your own for the entertainment, though! :lol:

-=- Todd

Lisa
01-31-2007, 11:29 AM
No need to beat around the bush, even if Corey can make the banquet, his crew is boycotting a track that thinks their shit is made of gold in that drowning rice field with the worst facility and service known to racing. It’s a good thing Todd is bringing the girls because I personally won’t be attending a single event at MSRH so long as they continue to chase paying customers off their “members only” spectating area, screw us around on practice days and overcharge for mounting tires! And good luck convincing the guys to "budget travel" and camp there! There are no camping spots in the marsh, only mutant mosquitoes and well lit---leaky car ports. Congrats to the winners though. (But don’t get too cocky, Corey only raced you half the season last year.)
See you in April boys.

Lisa-- #13.5
Still a red-head and still mad!

jeffburch
01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Hell hath no fury......

jb

mitchntx
01-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Nice sig, there Lisa.

But the post is worthless without pics .... 8)

I was attempting to figure out a way down there. But, I was in Houston last week. Once a year is plenty for me.

Congrats to the champs and have a round on me.

jeffburch
01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
I was attempting to figure out a way down there. But, I was in Houston last week. Once a year is plenty for me.

What, I thought we had it worked out.
Bev says you ain't wussn out now.
Besides, me and NR are drinkin, you're driving!

jb

ps- plus down and back the same nite don't count as being there.

GlennCMC70
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
go get him Jeff. drag his ass down there.

AllZWay
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
go get him Jeff. drag his ass down there.

Definitely... drag his butt down there.

Todd Covini
02-04-2007, 11:00 PM
The banquet was a blast!
I hope y'all had more fun attending than I had hosting it!
Aimee and Brittany were gorgeous!
The last minute Dallas caravan/peanut gallery arrival was a hoot....the Burchs, Lyons, Runyons, Warrens, etc.
Corey doin' a Top Gun fly by to arrive at the track was priceless...and was awesome to see him land/buzz in from Austin for the event.
Carnac was cool...and had some magnificent and uncanny powers.
The World Premiere video was awesome and I thank DD for supplying copies for everyone.
The trophys were a HUGE improvement from prior years and the enormous trophy table was a sight for sore eyes.
Rob Liebbe's Texas Show Car really showed everyone who we were...in the banquet...on the video cover...and for our weekend podium photos.

Anyway....we'll have a mini-writeup on the Banquet along with full photos and a description of the award recipients out this week.

Thanks to everyone for making it another event to remember!!!

Todd

donovan
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
I will filter thru the photos this week and get them posted either Thursday or Friday.

Great job Todd!

DD

mitchntx
02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
we'll have a mini-writeup on the Banquet along with full photos and a description of the award recipients out this week.

Todd

We're waiting ...

http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/cat-vs-dogs.JPG

... patiently.

Todd Covini
02-16-2007, 02:16 AM
http://www.sacredsandwich.com/images/dogsreading.jpg
It's posted in the Announcements section.

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
02-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Todd,
The writeup looks great. I also saw it on the nasaforums. Thanks for handling this, the race writeup, and the letter to NASA TX regarding T17.