PDA

View Full Version : Time spent

David Love AI27
01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Todd asked me at Rob's party if everything was alright with me related to AI/CMC and questioned my "laying low" on the forum... Well, as of 01/01/07 I am trying to quit smoking which has resulted in sudden outbursts of anger and emotion... uh, mostly anger... so while I'm still pissed at some comments made earlier let me expound on some thoughts:

1st) If some of us spent just 1/2 as much time promoting this series as they do bitching about it WE would be "turning people away".

2nd) When asked to instruct at an DE event... take your car and offer rides, or if no passenger seat, at least take your car... Mitch did some cool stuff with kids last year. I'm thinking of doing a racing thing at my church for Daytona.

3rd) We cannot expect other series' to allow us to promote NASA at their own events and in turn we don't allow others to promote at ours... at SCCA events NASA stickers MUST be covered and visa versa.

4th) I have recieved a couple of calls from the head of promotions for the Houston Grand Prix. He has heard of LiiR (Love in it Racing) and wants to rent me a booth. I (we) on the other hand want track time. Maybe renting some space from these guys might open the door to something better down the line. The "down side" is that the Champcar series is VERY closely tied to SCCA. I might get a booth anyway.

5th) There are many cornerworkers who would love to ride/drive an actual race car... Maybe we could discuss with Clifton and/or Adrian about doing a "point" thing for the workers and offer up an oppertunity to do HPDE... NASATX could donate the registration, I would donate the use of a car and a few bucks from the AI/CMC fund could pay for the fuel. Maybe Scott Smith or Jeff Burch could donate a set of scrubs (Skip says Scott prefers to run on "newer" tires... and I bet Bev is having nightmares about the Michelin man invading her home)... JB, do rows tires along the inside walls of your bedroom keep the house warmer????

6th) My dentist, doctor, barber and others always ask me about my racing. They all have a place to leave literature. A quarterly magazine/newsletter would be nice. A local race series has hired a local journalism major to produce one and it looks great.

7th) There is a car show in Houston this week... Does NASA have a booth???? If not, why not????? There is some validity concerning promotion.

All for now...

jeffburch
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
OMG!

A Nicotine Fit !!

That's so funny David. I quit Jan 2.
30 years of tobacco. I want one. Bring some to the banquet! (kidding)

I have a new seat and will move the old one over to give rides soon.

Tires everywhere!

jb

David Love AI27
01-29-2007, 10:07 PM
OMG!

A Nicotine Fit !!

That's so funny David. I quit Jan 2.
30 years of tobacco. I want one. Bring some to the banquet! (kidding)

DUDE how's it hangin'??? 30 years here, too.... I puff a high dollar cigar every once and a while, gonna light one now... want a Montechristo, Sat night???? gotta have one with a cold brew!!!

I have a new seat and will move the old one over to give rides soon.

Tires everywhere!

jb

Man, I knew you were good for something... I tell Jason all the time "You can't tell a book by it's cover... take Jeff Burch for example..." LOL

Jason will always remember your famous words uttered one Sunday morning "Dave, got any Advil???" Take care ma brutha!!!![/quote]

Todd Covini
01-29-2007, 10:22 PM
David & Jeff,
Best of luck to kick the habit. My Dad quit on New Year's Day over 20 years ago and never looked back. You can do it...

It's always been a dream of mine to take the AI/CMC show to a major roadracing organization and be a support race for the Champ cars or other series.

NASA SoCal did it many years ago at the Streets of L.A.....and NorCal has recently done it in San Jose'.

Think we got what it takes as a group to do Houston???
We'd need at least a 30 car field to be able to pitch it!!!
Anybody ever run around with wall to wall K-wall??? :lol:

-=- T

donovan
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
David & Jeff,
NASA SoCal did it many years ago at the Streets of L.A.....and NorCal has recently done it in San Jose'.

-=- T

count me in.

AI#97
01-30-2007, 11:03 AM
David & Jeff,

-=- T

count me in.

Same....and yes, K wall is a little intimidating!

Got any dates on this?

GlennCMC70
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
i'de show for this.
K walls dont scare me! :shock:

oz98cobra
01-30-2007, 01:54 PM
That would be sweet! I'd be in for sure ... most of the tracks I raced at back in Australia all had liberal amounts of concrete or steel lining the corners!

And talk about the perfect way to attract some attention to our series and maybe help boost numbers!