PDA

View Full Version : March 2nd at MSRC

oz98cobra
02-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Apex Driving Academy has MSR Cresson reserved on Friday, March 2nd, and would like to invite those NASA racers who could use some pre-race track time to join them.

There will only be 2 or 3 run groups depending on numbers, and run groups will be limited to no more than 18 cars, so you will get plenty of uncrowded sessions. First cars on track at 9:00am, last session finishes at 5:00pm. There will be an intermediate/advanced level DE group as well as race car group/s (no novice DE drivers). Track will be the same configuration as the race weekend (1.7 CCW), and the cost is only $150.

In-car instruction by experienced race drivers is available by prior arrangement for rookies, or those looking for a competitive edge. Availability for instruction is limited - PM me for details if you are interested or contact Apex via their website.

Sign-up is online at http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/schedule.htm

oz98cobra
02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Apex is going to need to see some interest in this or they will have to cancel the date or use it for a corporate event?

Does no one need any track time going into the next round? Is it not a good enough deal? Seems to me that it's whole lot better than what MSRH wanted for the Friday before the last round?

jeffburch
02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
I'll take a happy hour at about 4p for fiddy bucks!
If not, I'm (CTRH) good.

jb

y5e06
02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
A Friday shakedown is someting I am thinking about. However those procrastinators such as myself aren't sure if we'd make it for the Friday until the week of, probably.
Also, their website was showing:
" Use Your Car ($195) "[/b]

GlennCMC70
02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
i am intrested because i will need to get some run time on a new motor. problem is, i'll be broke due to building a new motor.

Todd Covini
02-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Get us a $50 Happy Hour Daron and I bet you'll get more entries than what you would with a full day $150 rate! :wink:

-=- Todd

oz98cobra
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Apex is not interested in doing a happy hour - there is nothing in it at all for them to organize something like that, so this group or NASA TX might as well negotiate that directly with the track if there is not enough interest in a full day? Of course, Adam will tell you what a headache it is to organize a happy hour though? It would be easier if NASATX did it as part of the race weekend deal?

They might be able to offer a discounted rate to run the afternoon only, but it's the old catch 22 - they need critical mass to justify the track rental. Problem is that the track management rents the track by the day, not by half days (because they cannot do anything with the other half day, so it's either a members day or it's rented out).

And you're right about the price - something is screwed up and it has been brought to their attention.

CMC17
02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
If I could split the $150 with someone and they either take the morning or afternoon while I take whichever they didn't, I'd sign up right now.

Yeah, can I eat the cake too? :D

jeffburch
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I remember when I was a kid and the guy left only quart bottles of whole milk on the front porch.
Now you can get 1/2 pints of acidophilis milk.

The good ole days.
jb

oz98cobra
02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
OK guys, I spoke to Apex and they are willing to try a format that works for everyone, but we need to get a more accurate idea of numbers, so I will throw up a poll in another post - please take a minute to vote your intentions in that poll.

Here is what we are looking at right now (this may change depending on the feedback we get today):

Full day still $150
Half day $100
Happy Hour $70

The full day will be from 9:00am, half day from 12:30pm and 'Happy Hour' from 3:30pm. The happy hour will be 2 groups, with 2 x 20 minute sessions each. Full and half day entrants can take part in the happy hour if they wish. The 2 groups will be based loosely around car classes similar to NASA's combined practice sessions.

That is the best they can do for happy hour pricing since it looks like this is what the majority will opt for, however, the incentive is there to go for half or full day if have the time - not just because of price, but because the rest of the day before the happy hour is not going to be very crowded on track at all!

There will be a deadline that they will need to get enough people signed up by to justify the event.

In the meantime, vote in the poll so I can give them a clue as to what to expect from our group and lets make this happen!

oz98cobra
02-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, we tried to make this day work, but it isn't going to happen unfortunately. Apex needed at least as much interest from the SM crowd, but did not get it - apparently their number may be well down at the cresson race because there is two SCCA double national events within a couple weeks of each other either side of our event? So Apex will be giving the date back to the track.

If anyone still needs track time that day, Apex can accomodate 10 drivers as guests to run under regular member day rules. Pricing for this arrangement is to be determined, but will be on a per session basis, and should be close to what was previously proposed? If more than 10 drivers are interested, priority will be given to those who want to drive the most number of sessions.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I will forward to you the contact info.

Boudy
02-16-2007, 10:40 PM
OK fine, I'll take the cheatin' bastage practice but don't all drama queen when the rookie smokes off a win or two. :lol: :lol:

Boudy