PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H low points - i hate to do it.

GlennCMC70
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I hate to get on any negative topics, but I feel this one needs to be talked about. first of all I am not laying blame on anyone, this is more of a FYI type post.
Todd and Adam and others I’m sure did allot of work to finally get us our own race groups for the 2007 season. this was something allot of folks wanted and a few demanded. well out first event of 2007 was a flop w/ regards to car count. as much as we criticized NASA TX for accommodating small car count race class’s w/ their own run group, we are now one of those class's. we are now in jeopardy of loosing our own run group.
there were a few guys who bailed on the race weekend last minute due to whatever reasons. no fault to them. myself and Todd assured Jay that the car counts would return to the 30+ of days past. we had 3 new drivers show for this event. 2 are former SCCA drivers (A/S – 3rd gen Camaro w/ LS1, and T2 – ’05 Mustang), so new is a relative term. both of these drivers are in AI, so it shows well needed growth for the AI class.
my point of this post is -
if you were one of the few who complained or demanded we have our own run group for 2007 and you didn’t show this weekend, myself nor Todd will be open to your complaints in the future on this subject. instead of complaining about it in the future, be a part of the solution and show up and race! Do not let the politics of this site keep you away. At the track we are and act like one big happy family and our camaraderie was the envy of the entire NASA TX racing group (and TT). It showed at the banquet and was commented on endlessly to NASA TX. We have a lot to be proud of and rightfully so. Its each and everyone of us who make AI/CMC what it is and as Todd said at the banquet, each and everyone of us is AI CMC.
Hope to see each and every one of you @ MSR-C in March. I’ll rent a ride if I have too, so don’t worry about me.
lets not turn this unto a bashfest, just keep it constructive.

NASA13
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I will be at Cresson and TWS and Eagles Canyon.
I just painted my car you know.

oz98cobra
02-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Would have been there if the car was finished.

A suggestion for NASA TX for next year that may help improve car counts for the first round - start the season at the end of winter, not 2/3rds of the way through it!

We should have the car ready for cresson provided murphy behaves himself - although it won't be pretty and it won't be sorted.

y5e06
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, it was not so warm this weekend.
But the weather turned out just fine for racing only taking a bit more to warm up. Only real cold weather casualty I am aware of was Todd's inadvertant cold tire spin.
Still slept at the track no problemo, so it couldn't have been that bad

Boudy
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
WTF!!! :evil: :evil:

It really bothered me not to race but I've got commitments to family, employees, and customers which forced me prioritize and the car didn't make the cut. No apologies and no regrets! Although I had to make a decision not to race, I assure you that I spent a nice chunck of change to support this event and the banquet.

Further, I'm pretty sure that everyone here asked at some point for our own run group so for you to post here that there will be a deaf ear to those who didn't race is horse crap.

Boudy

Edited in an effort not to be negative.

macstang
02-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for your support Boudy!!!!!

Race with ya at Road Atlanta.

GlennCMC70
02-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Robert, your one of the people that this post applied to the least.
even though you didn't race, you did show to support the series. and many are thankful for that.
as much as you dislike the message, I'm only delivering it from NASA TX, and in a much nicer tone that it was given to me.
as much as we have earned the right to have our own run group, the last event is cause for NASA TX to re-evaluate keeping it that way. many of us asked for our own group, and all of us wanted it. but there were a few (some of which live local to MSR-H) who demanded it, but did not make the event. going from 25+ car fields down to 10 is a significant drop. in fact, i think that is the lowest car count since March 2005 for AI/CMC. i would find it odd to learn that there were as many people who had the same issues as yourself that prevented making a race weekend w/ their car. yours seems to be a very good reason and shows your priorities are in the right place.
now that it has been made the way we we want it, lets not bail and loose the forward progress we have gained.

had i said nothing, eventually i would have gotten the "why didnt you say something" song and dance.

GlennCMC70
02-10-2007, 11:54 PM
and as i go back and read other replies to this, i see alot of reasons why other didnt make it.
i didnt ask to have anyone explain themselves at all. i only wanted you all to be informed of what i was informed of.

Boudy
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
OK Glenn, fair enough. Thank you for the explaination of the message. This was the first event and many circumstances contributed to the lack of motivation for some to be there. In a direct and in-direct manner, NASA is equally responsible for the car count. I won't go into the reasons because we've all heard them around the water cooler. This group has worked for X years to build itself to the level of earning it's own run group and for such a message to come down after 1 event further enforces just why some guys just couldn't get motivated to make it. It's simply the wrong message at the wrong time, PERIOD.

I don't see sitting down with all of my customers this year to tell them that unless they chose my company more often this year, I will offer them less service. No, I'll offer them more services, better communications to evaulate needs, and volume discounts to EARN more of their hard earned customer dollars. I may be having just such a conversation with NASA as I have sponsorship dollors involved and sending ultimatums down to customers is not a business model that works unless your the IRS, EXXON, or Microsoft.

NASA is a business, not a dictatorship Glenn.

Boudy

NASA13
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
YEAH!
It is all Bizzzness

Get it? Got it? Good!

GlennCMC70
02-11-2007, 11:06 PM
negative on the fly by ghost rider!