PDA

View Full Version : What's The Frequency Kenneth???

jeffburch
04-04-2006, 08:05 PM
What's the frequency Clifton?
I have my scanner charged and a place to mount it.
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
(I need the receive frequency.)

jb

Todd Covini
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
We hope to have an update on this next week...stay tuned!

-=- Todd

jeffburch
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Patiently tuned.

Any update?

jb

Todd Covini
04-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I still don't have anything official just yet, however, I can say that we will be testing a safety radio broadcast system with anywhere from 3 to 30 in-car radios. There are a couple vendors in the ring the last I heard and I'm letting the folks that are responsible for this work thru the details.

I'm sure we'll hear more at the track at the latest. Good stuff!!!

-=- T

bossskip302
04-20-2006, 04:41 AM
FYI,,,if its the racecevier used by Inex600 they are 155.00 each, but well worth the bling....

David Love AI27
05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I still don't have anything official just yet, however, I can say that we will be testing a safety radio broadcast system with anywhere from 3 to 30 in-car radios. There are a couple vendors in the ring the last I heard and I'm letting the folks that are responsible for this work thru the details.

What ever happened to this idea? I quess we will all have to make a few passes under yellow and blow the double yellows to get some attention!!!??? I thought this radio communication concept was a good one. Since I don't have funds for new equipment at the moment, I am going to try cell phones with earpieces for spotter to car. Anything in the rules about talking on a cell phone while driving (hands free, of course)???

SERIOUSLY!

I can hear it now:

JASON: "DAD!, DAD!, your in reverse... use a different gear!!!!

CMC17
05-12-2006, 07:55 AM

What ever happened to this idea? I quess we will all have to make a few passes under yellow and blow the double yellows to get some attention!!!??? I thought this radio communication concept was a good one. Since I don't have funds for new equipment at the moment, I am going to try cell phones with earpieces for spotter to car. Anything in the rules about talking on a cell phone while driving (hands free, of course)???

SERIOUSLY!

I can hear it now:

JASON: "DAD!, DAD!, your in reverse... use a different gear!!!!

One word: politics

Yep, that's what happened and I will let those in charge clarify.

donovan
05-12-2006, 08:14 AM

Please clarify, I am interested in radio(s), I'm about to invest into something but would prefer to use whatever the norm is.

David D.

jeffburch
05-12-2006, 09:03 AM

Please clarify, I am interested in radio(s), I'm about to invest into something but would prefer to use whatever the norm is.

David D.

The only thing stopping us racers from creating our own "norm" is always finding a person to call our race for us on our freq. Boudy has the system we racers seem to want. Having the race director call out to us doesn't seem to be possible. I have my scanner and buds NOW waiting to tune.
I will more likely than not, tune to someone who has a chief.
Why would I want some cheapo pager type "scanner" (not agile) when I have a real one. In the mean time we are stuck in neutral waiting to be dictated to?
I'm a leader, not a follower.

jb

donovan
05-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm interested, I'm now looking into a radio system of some sort.

David D.

David Love AI27
05-12-2006, 06:42 PM

David D.

The only thing stopping us racers from creating our own "norm" is always finding a person to call our race for us on our freq. Boudy has the system we racers seem to want. Having the race director call out to us doesn't seem to be possible. I have my scanner and buds NOW waiting to tune.
I will more likely than not, tune to someone who has a chief.
Why would I want some cheapo pager type "scanner" (not agile) when I have a real one. In the mean time we are stuck in neutral waiting to be dictated to?
I'm a leader, not a follower.

jb

I have a scanner to monitor NASA and always have Jason and sometinmes Amber at the track. what if we did our own group with a set of rules outside of NASA personel? I'm still going to try cell phones for my own personal information but it is ashame that we have people watching the track and their time is not being utilized by the whole group. BUT what do I know... where is 1st gear, again?!?

bossskip302
05-12-2006, 09:52 PM
David D..Scott and I have the car to car and car to pit...whew...anyway It might behove you to buy one Motorola radio and use our Pit system maybe Holly could be the spotter (our current one talks to Scott to much) it saved both of us from the oil spill last race..(ask Brooks) and we could even comunicate car to car when your passing me :)
Just a thought
Skip

www.flyinglracing.com

jeffburch
05-17-2006, 04:14 PM
David D..Scott and I have the car to car and car to pit...whew...anyway It might behove you to buy one Motorola radio and use our Pit system maybe Holly could be the spotter (our current one talks to Scott to much) it saved both of us from the oil spill last race..(ask Brooks) and we could even comunicate car to car when your passing me :)
Just a thought
Skip

www.flyinglracing.com

Skip, do you know the frequencies of your radios?
Can you share the numbers so guys like me (cheap) can monitor during the race?

Who else has radios? (JG)
Can you share the freq #'s as well?

Thanks,

jb