PDA

View Full Version : Rookies, racing lines and NO contact

David Love AI27
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
As a rookie in a car with a little more power than a few of the CMC cars, I have a issue to bring up. If I get a good run out of a corner I can get under some of the more experienced CMC drivers, but I am worried that I will enter the next corner "off line" and either slide out or spin. I know that my inexperience will hold a driver up for a corner or two untill I get a long enough straight away to pull away, but if I don't try the pass I will be stuck feathering the throtle on the straight. In the schools I attended we were ONLY allowed to pass on the straights and the car being passed was REQUIRED to leave lots of room. I have run really close to a few of you and feel that there is a lot of give and take with the rookies at the back of the pack but as my confidence grows I find myself closer to the middle of the pack and the racing is more intense. Here lies the problem:

I cannot afford to make repairs to my own car, never mind paying to fix someone elses so I try VERY hard to avoid contact, however this is racing and I'm not going to sit at the back and just watch the race from the rear. I am joining mix and I will continue to run an orange plate as a reminder to everyone that I still "feel like a rookie". I'm not ashamed to make that obvious, in fact I feel it is my responsibilty to make everyone aware of my experience (or lack thereof).

I'm open to any and all remarks, comments and/or suggestions.

AI#97
04-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, david only push as much as you want....that's the game. We are running after $2.27 medals which can barely offset the gas to start the car and pull up to grid.

Seat time will be the best thing to figure this out and just go out and have fun....

If you are getting held up, come back in and tell race control. Let them be the bad guy instead of making an arse of yourself on a public internet forum for the group...I speak from experience!!! If that doesn't work, then I am sure a veteran can step up and answer your questions better than I can!

<---ate a large humble pie today and is full!