PDA

View Full Version : 2007 schedule is looking bleak..

marshall_mosty
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Hopefully Next weekend won't be my season finale... with the two TWS events out due to personal commitments, I'm really hoping MSR-H shapes up because I really want to race more than two events this year.

Any updates on Eagles Canyon or Racer's Ranch?

donovan
02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
How are the repairs coming along, any progress photos?

DD

marshall_mosty
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I haven't been able to take any progress photos since it's been at my dad's house. (Gotta keep a retired guy busy, right?)

The hood, front bumper cover have been repaired and reinstalled last weekend with the new door. The quarter panel and rear bumper cover were in primer on Sunday and should be white as of today. Dad should be able to shoot the blue stripe tomorrow. I'm going to be by their place tomorrow evening so I will shoot some pictures then of the 99% finished work.

I'm planning on picking up the car on Sunday so I can prep it next week.

The only thing I really "need" to do with the car is bleed the brakes and cut the side impact beam out of the new door. Otherwise it is still in the same form as the last race in Houston.

Boudy is supposed to make me some new decals, so I hopefully will get a chance to put those on before the race Saturday.

The only thing I wanted to have ready was the new fire system. I've been carrying around a new (empty) 5 liter fire bottle for the last two races while I've been trying to find a 37 degree flaring tool. Robert King loaned me his flaring tool, so I will just need to finish the lines, etc. to finish up that install.

donovan
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
That is some fast progress... Wow.

Looking forward to seeing the car straight again.

DD

marshall_mosty
02-22-2007, 01:22 AM
The car is almost ready. The blue stripe was laid down this evening. I'm going to pick the car up on Sunday morning to prep it for next weekend.

Everything is on the up'n'up right now.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/8530/145836.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/8530/145837.jpg

donovan
02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Wow, that looks great; I assume it was all cosmetic.

DD

marshall_mosty
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
We didn't put it on a frame machine, but there is a little damage to the lower door sill and front lower quarter panel area that we didn't address. You can stick you fingers between the gap in the bottom of the door and the door sill since it's pushed in about a 1/2 inch. I'm not too worried with it.

mitchntx
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
You realize that will be a huge point deduction during the concours judging, right?

Looks fantastic, Marshall. It pays to know people in strategic places.

Al Fernandez
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, talk about a quick turnaround. Great to see the car looking so good already Marshall.

marshall_mosty
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm going to put my old door skin on the garage wall as a momento.

If I ever go back to MSR-H, I'm thinking about taking it and having Mr. Mitchell autograph it for me. :D

AllZWay
02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Good to see it back together.