PDA

View Full Version : It lives again!

RichardP
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks to the generosity of some amazing friends, the 2006 NASA TX American Iron Championship car is back running and being prepped for its 75th track event. Chris and I will be piloting this beast on the clockwise 2.9 mile configuration at Texas World Speedway with The Driver’s Edge this coming weekend (April 21-22). The car will be sporting it’s new factory crate motor, a more sedate aero package, and a passenger seat.

Those wishing to get in some early cheatin’ bastard practice are welcome to join us in the fun. It’s been a while since I’ve been on track and I’m really looking forward to getting back on track in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Thanks again to all that helped me out and hopefully I’ll see you at the track…

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
any chance of you making the NASA weekend?
congrats either way.

NASA13
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Kick Ass guys!! Congrats!

RichardP
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
any chance of you making the NASA weekend?
congrats either way.

Yea, I'm planning on being there. The car will be at home though. :)

Richard P.

NASA13
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Dont forget Marvel, He was supposed to show me around the 2.9CW. 8)

Todd Covini
04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Congrats RP!!!
I may have to take you up on that ride this weekend if possible!

-=- T

Boudy
04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow, that's great. Congradulations on getting it back together and I look forward to seeing you guys back at the track.

Boudy

RichardP
04-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I made it to the Driver's Edge event at TWS and the car ran strong all weekend long. I had no issues with temperature, oil pressure, or any leaks. The car handled fine without the aero. I never even opened the tool box all weekend.

It was so nice to get back out on the track and blow off some cobwebs. I was pretty rusty but got better with every session. The passenger seat even got some use by an AI racer doing some cheatin' bastard practice for next weekend's race.

The car will now be prepped for some suspension testing using some new spindles. I'm looking forward to it.

See you guys at the track this weekend (as a spectator).

Richard P.

donovan
04-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Dang Richard, I sure wish I knew you were going to be at the track, I would have come by and got a ride around the track too. Maybe next time! :D

8)
DD

j3ffbrooks
04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I would have gone too. We could have carpooled together over there.

Todd Covini
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I was there. You guys missed a great event! :roll:

-=- Todd

cjlmlml
04-24-2007, 10:15 AM
trans·par·ent (trns-pârnt, -pr-) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Capable of transmitting light so that objects or images can be seen as if there were no intervening material. See Synonyms at clear.
Permeable to electromagnetic radiation of specified frequencies, as to visible light or radio waves.
So fine in texture that it can be seen through; sheer. See Synonyms at airy.

Easily seen through or detected; obvious: transparent lies.
Free from guile; candid or open: transparent sincerity.
Obsolete Shining through; luminous.

mitchntx
04-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Chris, go earn your Pilotis

cjlmlml
04-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I guess further explanation is needed.

Ok, black guys help out the white guys on this one :

Donovan

"Dang Richard, I sure wish I knew you were going to be at the track, I would have come by and got a ride around the track too. Maybe next time!"

&

Brooks

"I would have gone too. We could have carpooled together over there."

That is so corny sounding that

I then surmised that they were both attended TWS and were pretending that they were not there.

Hence - Transparent.

I will turn off my humor button, or maybe just lower it to F body comprehension levels.

mitchntx
04-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I will turn off my humor button, or maybe just lower it to F body comprehension levels.

While I'm sure it was turned on, I just don't think it was plugged in.

RichardP
04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, regardless of who showed up, I'd just like to reiterate that I really enjoyed driving my car this past weekend. :-)

Richard P.