PDA

View Full Version : Setup

Todd Covini
04-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Not sure if you guys caught the premiere of "Setup"...the new reality show on Speed tonight. I was particularly interested for the following reasons:

1) 10 stock convertibles (even if they were GM Solctices)
2) All cars as delivered from the factory
3) Each driver must obtain sponsorship based upon their image & ability
4) Each driver can tweak each car to his/her advantage within the rules.
5) "Jeremy"...NASA employee...participant/competitor...and for those Texas racers who were at M-O a week before the racing started, Jeremy rode along with us on a truck/track excursion to scope out the track landscape. "Gopher??? Beaver???" I don't know....but Jeremy was there with us drinkin' canned beer and now vying for a national championship on the TV show....Setup.

Worth watching.

My wife who is NOT motorsports inclined even watcthed the whole show after DVR versions of "American Idol" and other elimination shows.

It has all the drama and tension of primetime television AND AI/CMC Texas!!!

(Jeremy's got more promise than "Sanjaya".)

-=- Todd

AllZWay
04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
First episode was okay...not great, but definitely better than 90% of the crap on TV.

I think it will get better also.

Todd Covini
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I like this show.
Tommy Kendall is my hero.
Jeremy showed what NASA experience is all about tonight with an overall win.

The show is hitting on all cylinders...stressing all the right things. Bad attitudes gotta go...I'm glad the cocky kid got the boot tonight. Don't care how good of a driver he is or who his grandpappy was. This sport's got more to it than just a checkered flag and I'm glad to see they made that apparent.

My new favorite show....(the Bachelor- Officer & a Gentlemen moves to the #2 spot....one guy...20 gals from around the country competing to be his date, how can you not love that show!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

-=- Todd

mitchntx
04-26-2007, 04:04 AM
My new favorite show....(the Bachelor- Officer & a Gentlemen moves to the #2 spot....one guy...20 gals from around the country competing to be his date, how can you not love that show!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

-=- Todd

Living large in H-Town ....

Todd Covini
06-12-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2007/Croiset.html

Congrats to Jeremy!

I love seeing a fellow NASA racer hit it big.
You guys probably don't know it, but the racing experience you get here makes you all better racers than most of us will ever know.

Those who step up to that next level, truly appreciate it!

-=- T