Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ***NASA Rule Change- Effective JULY 1, 2007***

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    For those that want to do the seat with a helmet Halo, I will add this... Houston was the first Race event that I had the custom seat I had made from ultrashield with the right side support built into the seat. It is a perfect fit and comfort and control while getting beat in the car was superb. If you are thinking of doing the same thing, their lead time was 12 weeks from the day of my sitting with helmet and HANS on and it was well worth the day off and drive to Tyler to get this seat made. Night and day difference from the old Kirkey seat which has now been moved to the right for added fun.

Please note that in my case, I had the right side support shortened 2" from what was "stock" and I was smart in doing so because it would have blocked the passenger side mirror from view.

Given these guys are in Tyler, it makes it all very easy to get your butt planted the right way!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i drove to Tyler back in 2001 to have a pair of seats made. the one i have now in my CMC car and the one that ended up in Steve Mulders car. Mitch, Daron Cooke, Nick Runyun, Jeff Burch have also purchased seats from them based off my word and been happy.
    Argent Labs is now a dealer for these. i'll be getting the same seat Matt and Nick got after this season.
    the point? i've been very happy w/ my Ultra Shield seat as have many others.

PST net options -

Teamtech - 165.00
    Safety Solutions C5R - Polyester - $95.00

Teamtech is a mesh center and the Safety Solutions is 100% ribbon. I am sorry that we could not do better on this. When the net we were working on is approved I will post up.

Thanks
    AJ Petersen
    Shock Technician
    STACK Technical Agent

Performance Speed Tech
    817-512-4780
    Keeping You On Track!
    www.performancespeedtech.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    i drove to Tyler back in 2001 to have a pair of seats made. the one i have now in my CMC car and the one that ended up in Steve Mulders car. Mitch, Daron Cooke, Nick Runyun, Jeff Burch have also purchased seats from them based off my word and been happy.
    Argent Labs is now a dealer for these. i'll be getting the same seat Matt and Nick got after this season.
    the point? i've been very happy w/ my Ultra Shield seat as have many others.
    Well actually I went to http://www.vickracing.us/

Only because it's the only game in the area on custom fitted race seats.

If I could have gotten fitted locally for a LaJoie, I might have put up the money.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I bought a Cobra seat from PST last season and then the seat installation was custom fitted for me. Pedals, height, set-back, angle, HANS everything was taken into consideration. Fits like a glove!!!

What was my take-away? If you have the opportunity to be custom fitted for a seat or seat installation by a pro, do it! The comfort level in the car really raises confidence in the car and really makes a difference!!!

-=- Todd

...now about those nets....
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PST
    PST net options -

Teamtech - 165.00
    Safety Solutions C5R - Polyester - $95.00

Teamtech is a mesh center and the Safety Solutions is 100% ribbon. I am sorry that we could not do better on this. When the net we were working on is approved I will post up.

Thanks
    I will be on a tight schedule after vacation to make TWS. I will have a week to get a new seat installed and this net. Any how-to's on installing the right side net in a 89 POS........I mean Mustang?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    looks like the new rule is already getting changed.

go tot his link and read page 2.

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.co...?p=16326#16326