Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Open invite for all the new folks here - please post up.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    OK...I've been informed there are 2 more AI cars.
    Richard & Michael Painter

My bad.

-=- Todd
    Ruh roh...an engine builder coming into AI?! We might see some NICE power headed our way!
    Ah, fugg it.

Ask and you will receive, Matt...
    Just got word of another AI racer...

Jake Hennig- AI
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    dear Lord! CMC could have a 25 car field this year!

Holy Inverted races Batman!!!! :shock:

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    Ask and you will receive, Matt...
    Just got word of another AI racer...

Jake Hennig- AI
    Dude, Jake was my surprise! He and I are teaming up for the season. He was planning on 944 Challenge or whatever it's called, but his 944 will not be ready for the foreseeable future and he thinks our cars are more fun, anyway. He's got tons of time at TWS and instructs for MSC, BMWCCA, and LSRPCA.

Tempting to change over to AI...

I have been thinking about changing my car from a CMC car to an AI car... I might be in the AI group.
    Troy Reynolds
    CMC 76

That is a huge list! Cant wait to start seeing some of the new iron
    Al Fernandez

Not sure where to post this anyway Team LiiR will be David and Jason Love in the #27 AIX Camaro... When the #10 CMC Fox body is ready Amber and or Jason will run as an individual(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    LOL.. The first time I met Sam was my first event to instruct for Misti...
    Same here. I was instructing my first e3vent ever and Misti assigns sam to me -- doesn't say anything about his previous experiance, just that he was in the Blue group.

So I introduce myself and get itn the car for the first session of the day.

First lap was slow and pretty nomal, being suck behond another blue car. Then we hit the front straight and pass the other guy and Sam takes off, and screams into T1. We make it to T3 before it hits me, "this guy's going really fast -- I hope he doesn't screw up 5-6!" By the time we hit T9, I was satisfied he wasn't ging to kill u both and settled down to enjoy myself. Two sessions later I signed him off to solo. (I would have swigned him off sooner, but I was really enjoying the ride!)

Last weekend I instructed Troy.

Guys, look out! The first session out, he was a bit lost on track, but by session 2, he had maybe 70% of the track down, and by the end f session 3, he had it down and was driving a good consistant line. His car control is excellent, and he's got good instincts. I remmber one situation where h made a late pass on a slower Miata in the 6-7 straight and came into 7 pretty hot. I was thinking he would make an early turn-in, being out of position at mid-track instead of being driver's right.

Nope, he adjusted his line perfectly and got through T7 without scrubbing any speed at all and was 100% on-line at the apex.

Of course I attribute hi success Sunday all to the most excellent instruction he got!
    I remember going into that turn. I have to admit for my first time on the track, I couldnt have been any luckier to have King as my instructor. The last time I was out there, the instructor told me that I dont need an instructor as I knew what the hell I was doing... I was kind of shocked he said that as I have only had two track day there, but many more to follow.
    Troy Reynolds
    CMC 76

Quote Originally Posted by rpoz27
    Dude, Jake was my surprise! He and I are teaming up for the season. He was planning on 944 Challenge or whatever it's called, but his 944 will not be ready for the foreseeable future and he thinks our cars are more fun, anyway. He's got tons of time at TWS and instructs for MSC, BMWCCA, and LSRPCA.
    I've a hard top, 6sp Formula he can buy for AI

/bored as shit up in the tower @ MSRH
    CORN
    Professional Track Bum
    http://www.corndesignsphotography.com/

Senior Member Rookie
    Howdy!
    I stumbled upon this thread doing a search for cage stuff, go figure

I figured I'd "formally" introduce myself. My name is Nick Valentin, and back in March I purchased a 1992 Z28 from a guy north of Austin, who happened to be a friend of Morgan Dawdy's. The car is already gutted, caged, and somewhat prepped to be on the road to CMC, which is where I hope to end up. Unfortunately it has a modified 350 in it, but included with the car was the necessary 305 to make it nice and legal, so soon enough that will be dropped in. I've been slowly replacing or adding bits and pieces to get the car better prepped for the track (and CMC legal too!). As for right now, I'm all about seat time.
    I've been to the last two NASA events (Cresson/TWS) doing HPDE 1/2, and I've met a few of you in person already. I've been lucky enough to have James Proctor and both Mosty brothers instruct in-car with me, and Mitch led our n00bie classroom session at TWS. Also Gary Robertson and I have been racing together (autocross) for the last ~9-10 years probably. I hope to meet more of you guys, I'll definitely see you in August at TWS, hopefully I can gain some more knowledge to keep me on the path to my comp license down the road 8)

A recent pic:
    Nick Valentin