Page 261 of 308 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Happened to me. Took days to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I googled it. Tetrachloroethylene is the one to watch out for...
    Yes, it used to be quite common but many other chlorinated hydrocarbons (aka chlorocarbon) have the same potential.
    Yes, cumulative exposure at certain levels is very serious. Look at the label of products you use and make sure you check the MSDS and specifically the PEL (exposure info) for anything you are not sure about. Exposure of the compound to temps above 300C is very dangerous.
    We did some synthesizing of chlorocarbons way back in college (I was an EE and since Faraday was the first to synthesize Tetrachloroethylene our professor thought it was a "cool" bridge between chem and electronics...just don't F' it up!)
    Chlorocarbons are generally stable and are widely used as a solvent for use with a variety of organic materials which is why you will find them in cleaning products for clothing, furniture and paint stripping etc.
    Tetrachloroethylene production has dropped but other low (molecular) weight chlorocarbons have seen consistent or even increased production (e.g. chloroform).
    Focus on low VOC paints (Europe adopted many years ago but the US was quite slow) is starting to reduce the need in painting workflow but the stability and wide use means they are around.
    ...be safe

We used to use tetrachlor in the water plant part of the oil field I worked at, to do lab samples of oil in the water. Anyway one day a rat ran across the floor of the lab and I shot it with the bottle of tetrachlor I happened to be holding. Damn thing died right there on the spot! Dont take a bath in that stuff, lesson learned.
    Al Fernandez

Don't quite know how to describe the last few days I was lucky enough to spend as part of the AJ Foyt team at Indy supporting the #14 car. Was able to be somewhat useful (not in the way all the time, just some) in the garage and during pit stops leaning over the wall to pull back the right rear tire and manning the starter in case of a stall. These were the highlights amongst trips to various race shops in Gasoline Alley for behind the scenes tours compliments of my mate Tom's (crew chief) connections, it was his 30th 500 race.

The race itself didn't start well for us, into the wall on lap one, thanks Sage... Sato's in car tells a different story to the ABC13 commentators. But the boys changed a bent toe arm, 4 tires and a mirror to rejoin 3 laps down. Working strategy on yellows we got back to the lead lap with around 20 to go in 28th position. The finish battle was epic between Montoya, Power and Dixon but what you might of missed was Sato working the 14 through the field to finish 13th. A great drive.

Best memory was AJ waddling down pit lane after Sage (who just finished making a dick of himself) to "whoop that boy's ass"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Don't quite know how to describe the last few days I was lucky enough to spend as part of the AJ Foyt team at Indy supporting the #14 car. Was able to be somewhat useful (not in the way all the time, just some) in the garage and during pit stops leaning over the wall to pull back the right rear tire and manning the starter in case of a stall. These were the highlights amongst trips to various race shops in Gasoline Alley for behind the scenes tours compliments of my mate Tom's (crew chief) connections, it was his 30th 500 race.

The race itself didn't start well for us, into the wall on lap one, thanks Sage... Sato's in car tells a different story to the ABC13 commentators. But the boys changed a bent toe arm, 4 tires and a mirror to rejoin 3 laps down. Working strategy on yellows we got back to the lead lap with around 20 to go in 28th position. The finish battle was epic between Montoya, Power and Dixon but what you might of missed was Sato working the 14 through the field to finish 13th. A great drive.

Best memory was AJ waddling down pit lane after Sage (who just finished making a dick of himself) to "whoop that boy's ass"
    Man, thats awesome!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

When I saw Sato limping in with a broken wishbone, I figured he was done. I was very impressed how you guys got the car back together with only losing 3 laps and the driver had enough confidence in the car to take it to the limit and get back in contention. Thanks for sharing the experience with us Craig.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Don't quite know how to describe the last few days I was lucky enough to spend as part of the AJ Foyt team at Indy supporting the #14 car.
    You'll have time at Hallett to try.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    When I saw Sato limping in with a broken wishbone, I figured he was done. I was very impressed how you guys got the car back together with only losing 3 laps and the driver had enough confidence in the car to take it to the limit and get back in contention. Thanks for sharing the experience with us Craig.
    Cudos to Thomas the right front tire changer. He made sure the spare toe link (shock pushrod) was set to the same length as the one installed so the if installed camber and to would remain unchanged.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    That is awesome. This years race was pretty entertaining and had a great finish.

AJ has always been my favorite driver. AJ, Mario, Tony Stewart... all had the ability to win in anything and I always admired that about them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    This is probably one of Craig's friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LFgsLQATc
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!