Page 238 of 308 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Pulled down my 2nd 70 hour week in a row.

Oddly enough I find comfort in knowing I haven't touched/seen my car since Hallett.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-29-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Planning on heading to the shop to finish the brake upgrade on the trailer. Also, depending on timing, will start cutting AI #67 apart for the decoupled 3-link. The torque arm will remain in the car until the 3 link is fully ready. It's much easier to cover a hole and run an old design than remove the old design, have the hole, and nothing to tie it all together...

Also will be taking delivery of a 2015 Explorer Sport next week (Thanks to Dave Irwin at Tyler Ford!!!)... Will be interesting to see how fast Trina's "daily driver" will be compared to Michael's '09 Mustang after it gets a tune and puts 335HP and 375TQ to all four tires...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    That's why you never let your anger overcome your common sense. Sad day for both parties. Bad thing is Stewart has to live with himself.

Senior Member Rookie
    Took my car out to the Texas A&M Sports Car Club practice autocross on Saturday for some shake down runs. New motor felt strong and the car had some decent grip despite being on 3 year old RA1s. Big thanks to Gary for loaning my his trailer on short notice.

Still have a few odds and ends to finish up, buy a new(ish) trailer, and head to the dyno. Looking forward to getting back on track later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilton View Post
    Took my car...
    You mean it's not Wade's car?

Glad to have you back... I was getting too close to the front.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilton View Post
    Took my car out to the Texas A&M Sports Car Club practice autocross on Saturday for some shake down runs. New motor felt strong and the car had some decent grip despite being on 3 year old RA1s. Big thanks to Gary for loaning my his trailer on short notice.

Still have a few odds and ends to finish up, buy a new(ish) trailer, and head to the dyno. Looking forward to getting back on track later this year.
    I think you are trying to say 3yr old RA1's>Sticker RR's
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    I think you are trying to say 3yr old RA1's>Sticker RR's
    I will need to buy a set of tires soon enough... what's the consensus RA1 or RR? I just think it's going to rain every race.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I was thinking the same question Dave. I was baffled at Hallett when the car felt worse than in the previous years, my times were about .5-.75 slower than the previous 3 years. Then I read that all the TT guys were killing their track records b/c of the new track surface this year.
    Did anyone feel the RR's were faster? Could it be the RR's are faster on some tracks but slower on other tracks?

I do not claim to know anything about tire compounds but I know Bryan Curtis switched back to RA1's for both races Sunday and he said they felt better than his newer RR's. My RA1's have over 3 full events on them, and if they had been newer I would have definitely given them a shot to compare.
    I am going to try both tires at NOLA, RR's with 8 heat cycles and RA1's with over 20 heat cycles, and see the time difference b/w both.

I also thought the RR's would have a big advantage when it comes to braking but I feel there is no difference in stopping performance. I wonder if this tire is similar to a Hoosier than runs great for the first couple of heat cycles and then starts falling off after 3 or 4 cycles.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I am going to try both tires at NOLA, RR's with 8 heat cycles and RA1's with over 20 heat cycles, and see the time difference b/w both.
    Post up what you feel/find out data wise. I haven't been on RRs yet but don't see that they're consistently better. And if they like a smoother driving style, I should probably stay on the RA1s.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!