Page 170 of 308 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    I love the infomercials where they drain the oil and run the car...

...because nobody uses hydraulic lifters any more..
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I ran AmsOil 20/50 then 15/50 in my motor for 5 1/2 years before the balancer let go at Hallett. The pistons and cylinder walls looked perfect. I change the oil every 3 events.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    So you haven't run a full season on the same oil yet, right?
    08 and 09 I ran full seasons on the same oil. I change the oil/filter once a year.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Shane from Thunder racing was discussing the new LS30 from JGR. that too was the suggestion from lake Speed Jr. The JGR oils have more of the additives, and use a different base oil that doesn't break down under high rpm or high temperatures.
    Base oils improve as they move from mineral oils to synthetics to olefans. The have different kinetic viscosities and are able to handle temperature in different ways. I'm sure that is the difference between Mobil to Motul and JRG oils.
    Thunder racing actually suggested that a run Rotella through the motor to clean up any debris that may have gotten in the motor from the blown head gasket. I haven't seen any evidence, but ran it anyway.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Sounds similar to Redline's pitch. It'd be interesting to compare the base stocks used by the different brands marketed for racing. Wonder how many of them start off with the same stuff and just vary the additive package?
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Bobistheoilguy.com is the place to research oil.
    That site is just as full of unfounded, incorrect opinions as any other site.
    I know the posts about my former employer on that site were largely exagerated - both to the good and the bad. The truth is in the middle - and the middle is vast.

The internet has two very sharp sides and has become quite the untamed beast . How many media outlets have been duped by wikipedia posts in the last couple years? Imagine the effect on the average Jane/Joe's accumulated knowledge...sigh...remember, blame Gore - he created the mess - I just helped make it worse...but I shall redeem myself - ala my new focus on games vs fact

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Not the best day of the year...

I was a little late heading out the door today knowing today was "the day." I watched the clouds move slowly across the morning sky, not really in a hurry. Last day of school for the kids and then down to Jamaica Beach for a week of nothing.

Kim and the kids were there when he was born; nothing more than a red sausage of a puppy, really. Before he came to live with us he had already suffered a horrible spider bite and nearly drowned. The white mark on his forehead made him easy to identify. Although his parents were called Liberty and Freedom, he would be Tex to us.

Or Mama's Baby, or Red Dog or Jungle Dog or Pig Dog when he snorted while he slept. He swam in the pool, chased the cats and squirrels and ruled the house. The tile in front of the fireplace was his spot so don't leave anything there. We still remember when he only took up two of those tiles and was not an 85lb lap dog.

He would fetch any of the chew toy "buddies" by name and wanted to wrassle on the floor most nights, if you could take it. Or get up on the end of the couch and pout when we all left him at home. When we left him outside we would often find him sitting in sun deck of pool, regal. Watching. Surveying. In charge of the back yard.

Kim had noticed some lumps in his throat that turned out to be cancerous - lymphoma, apparently not all uncommon in male Goldens. He made it through the chemotherapy well and generally was the dog we all loved.

The last two weeks were not kind. He had pretty severe swelling in a couple legs and was having a hard time getting up and down. He was not himself, and didn't eat or sleep well.

Today was "the day." As we left the vet it started to sprinkle a little. Serendipitous. He didn't like thunder and lightning but a soft, sad rain seems so appropriate. I sure miss that dog.

Goodbye my friend.

Goodnight, Tex.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Goodbye my friend.

Goodnight, Tex.
    D*mn allergies. Sorry for your loss, sounds like he'll be remembered.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Condolences David...tough day.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I was a little late heading out the door today knowing today was "the day." I watched the clouds move slowly across the morning sky, not really in a hurry. Last day of school for the kids and then down to Jamaica Beach for a week of nothing.

Kim and the kids were there when he was born; nothing more than a red sausage of a puppy, really. Before he came to live with us he had already suffered a horrible spider bite and nearly drowned. The white mark on his forehead made him easy to identify. Although his parents were called Liberty and Freedom, he would be Tex to us.

Or Mama's Baby, or Red Dog or Jungle Dog or Pig Dog when he snorted while he slept. He swam in the pool, chased the cats and squirrels and ruled the house. The tile in front of the fireplace was his spot so don't leave anything there. We still remember when he only took up two of those tiles and was not an 85lb lap dog.

He would fetch any of the chew toy "buddies" by name and wanted to wrassle on the floor most nights, if you could take it. Or get up on the end of the couch and pout when we all left him at home. When we left him outside we would often find him sitting in sun deck of pool, regal. Watching. Surveying. In charge of the back yard.

Kim had noticed some lumps in his throat that turned out to be cancerous - lymphoma, apparently not all uncommon in male Goldens. He made it through the chemotherapy well and generally was the dog we all loved.

The last two weeks were not kind. He had pretty severe swelling in a couple legs and was having a hard time getting up and down. He was not himself, and didn't eat or sleep well.

Today was "the day." As we left the vet it started to sprinkle a little. Serendipitous. He didn't like thunder and lightning but a soft, sad rain seems so appropriate. I sure miss that dog.

Goodbye my friend.

Goodnight, Tex.
    I am so sorry David!:-(