Page 264 of 308 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    We usually make a trip to Ouchita every year with our boat. Mostly stay on Lake Hamilton and cruise to the restaurants on the lake, then spend a day or two out on Ouachita. I have been to DeGray and Lake Greeson. All are really nice lakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml View Post
    The rv down LSD, Hilarious. How was Degray? Drove by it on the way to Ouachita, loooked nice.

Going back to Ouachita this Labor day if anyone is interested? Its a great place
    From what I saw, DeGray is rocky. Don't expect to shore your boat.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Got back Thursday from the 3,565 mile Universal Orlando, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, VA road trip.

The nice sheriff's deputy in Shelby County, TN pulled us over to remind us the road conditions meant we were probably following the car in front a little too closely.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Had a great weekend with the boys at Las Vegas. My oldest son took the vast majority of the pix but Shelby museum has already been posted so no need to repost and the rest will stay in Vegas.
    Here's a couple that give an idea of the weekend.

https://twitter.com/DigitalCowboy/st...090496/photo/1

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday I played fireman and tried to put out the burning truck in my neighbors driverway. Once the fire department put it out, I was told by said neighbor I could have it for $300. 2001 ex-cab chevy with a 5.3 auto. Ran perfect. Fire was in/under the bed and got in the cab. Trans and motor are untouched. Got it in my driveway today. Pulling the motor tomorrow. Once I scrap the chassis I will have $200 or less in the motor trans to put in my $500 84 Chevy truck.
    Last edited by GlennCMC70; 09-12-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Computer/YT is being a turd, what was the best lap time?

Blog Entries
    Got the racecar out of the trailer finally. Will start on that job soon. Prep'ed the k member yesterday as well. Thanks again James. Got the motor and trans out of the burn truck and stored under the camper top of the 84 it is going into.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Had a great weekend with the boys at Las Vegas. My oldest son took the vast majority of the pix but Shelby museum has already been posted so no need to repost and the rest will stay in Vegas.
    Here's a couple that give an idea of the weekend.

https://twitter.com/DigitalCowboy/st...090496/photo/1
    Those hand signals, I'd recognize them anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Well while you guys were racing, I at least worked on my car.
    At first I was going to swap the K member w/ the motor in and then swap the cam w/ the motor in the car. Trying to keep my pile in as few piles as possible. Once I had the entire suspension off, I realized I couldn't drop the pan to do the cam swap w/ the K member in or the motor in the car. So I decided to pull the motor.
    It is a good thing I did as the damage was far greater than I expected.
    Trashed K member, trashed A arm, bent knuckle, 2 bent wheels, 1 of the OEM cast iron motor mounts cracked, one aftermarket solid mount bent and cracked, top half of the bell housing shattered.
    Trans looks OK. The K member was pushed back about 1/2 inch. The holes the pins in the K member engage are oval and those pins on the K member are angled forward. Unreal that the rack wasn't cracked. The metal loop/bracket on one end has a crack half way through one of the spot welds. That happens on all 4th gens anyways, not crash related. And the OEM Y pipe is destroyed. May start over and build a set of duals w/ an X.
    Still lots of TWS concrete falling out of the chassis.

I'll need one knuckle and a bell housing for sure. I have a cast iron motor mount. I'll need to order new solid mounts. Getting low on wheels now. Gonna have to find a couple new sets. I think I have a knuckle. I'll have to look.

Mulling over the idea of swapping in the 5.3 I have, but would need a lot of parts to make it work, and convert the trans. I so hate the LT1, but don't want to spend the money to switch. Wonder if I could run a 4.8 and cam it up like the Fox/SN95 guys. At least then I would sound fast.

Upon first inspection it looked like all I need was an A arm and I could run the rest of Sunday. The hit I took told me otherwise. I'm glad I didn't play "tough guy" and race it anyways. Lots more busted parts than I imagined.

Is there any video from your car? It looked spectacular from Francis' point of view. Is that water spraying? Nope, that's cement exploding.