Page 304 of 308 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Adam, good to see ya. I had the opportunity a couple years ago to be at the Mt. Baldy finish line of the TOC. Literally. On. The. Finish. Line.

We were in the NBC satellite truck when the race went to live coverage in the US. I hear you on the bike - I ride (allegedly) and Airbone Ti bike that I absolutely love.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    The speed of the pros is....incredible. We were at the first KOM location....the stage start came up Mt Baldy Road (4.5mi, 7% avg), then hung a left on GRR for a 0.8mi/7% avg climb....and the two fighting for KOM points came past us at 12-13mph, pushing nearly 400W. All at elevation (some 5000', as I recall).

I've been fortunate enough to watch several ATOC stage finishes, and they are, IMO, every bit as exciting as a sports car race finish.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg View Post
    Every bit as challenging, daunting, and exhilarating.
    I do quite a bit of road riding. It's good stuff but I can't really agree, certainly not around here. Mountain biking on tight single track is pretty close, though. Dan and I chase each other through the woods around here and both agree it's a way better price/thrill than the car stuff. And you can get the adrenaline hit way more often. I tried to get Josh into it but he fell down/went boom/got a boo-boo less than five minutes into the first ride (missed a turn and ended up upside down stuck in the mud with the bike tangled on top of him - I still laugh every time I pass that spot...).

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I ride (allegedly) an Airbone Ti bike that I absolutely love.
    I can attest to seeing you out on the bike several times, although it has been a while. I'll be out there tomorrow morning...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I do quite a bit of road riding. It's good stuff but I can't really agree, certainly not around here. Mountain biking on tight single track is pretty close, though. Dan and I chase each other through the woods around here and both agree it's a way better price/thrill than the car stuff. And you can get the adrenaline hit way more often. I tried to get Josh into it but he fell down/went boom/got a boo-boo less than five minutes into the first ride (missed a turn and ended up upside down stuck in the mud with the bike tangled on top of him - I still laugh every time I pass that spot...).
    Well, the terrain you ride is vastly different than what I ride here in CA. Due to that, our riding experiences will be very different. We have mountain passes. You have freeway overpasses.

The adrenaline rush of climbing, then descending, say, Casitas Pass, or Mulholland Drive, is pretty awesome.

Pack up your bike, and come ride out here. Be sure to bring your climbing legs and lungs.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg View Post
    Pack up your bike, and come ride out here. Be sure to bring your climbing legs and lungs.
    I have an extra mountain bike for you to use when you come here. Bring your testicles (with permission from your wife, of course). 😀

RichardP

Hurricane prep...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Might as well rock out during the storm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vvPQW9N1c

Y'all stay safe!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Hurricanes? Tell me more about why I should move to TX.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Hurricanes? Tell me more about why I should move to TX.
    I have a theory that people live where they are comfortable with natural disasters. At least you can see a hurricane coming... don't give me no earthquakes.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!