Well it's been a while since I've participated in a NASA event and I was determined to make it to the last TWS race. All I needed to do was change the oil...or so I thought. After putting the car on the lift I saw that the oil filter had a drip down the side. After an extensive investigation and a cooler adapter change I discovered that the filter adapter that is bolted to the block was split in half. Had to rob one off another engine that was on my stand but got it back together in time to leave for TWS Friday night. After changing the oil and loading it on the trailer, as I was tying the car down, I noticed oil dripping off the passenger side of the pan. Unload the car and re-rack it to find the source. After an hour of searching and finally using the 'blow talc onto the block to find the leak' method, I discover a pan stud that is pouring oil from under the nut. Apparently the flange nut was only touching the fillet on the pan and not clamping the rail tight enough to seal (I've already been through two track days and 3 races before and this never leaked). So I cut down a washer to fit the pan rail and re-installed the nut with silicone. After an hour to dry I started the engine to verify the leak was gone. After letting the car down I reach inside to kill the master and nothing happens. Engine is still running. CRAP!!! It seems that when I installed the new alternator I used a single wire type to replace the multi wire type and it has to be wired to the battery side of the switch and not the bus side. It is now 8 am Saturday morning and I haven't slept since Thursday night. So I decide that since I've missed the morning session that I will take a nap and try to get to TWS by the afternoon for tech and race on Sunday. Wound up sleeping until 8 pm but that was ok as I could tech in the morning still. Forgot to mention that earlier Friday I replaced the U-joints in the truck. Well I didn't get to really drive it until Sunday morning. As I was headed out to breakfast, I notice a massive high frequency vibration that had not been there before. In my haste I had inadvertently installed the rear driveshaft out of phase with the front shaft. Yes I marked it before I took it apart but didn't notice it going back together. So now I'm back on the lift with the truck on Sunday morning. At this point I figure there is something telling me to punt and go for the next race. Hopefully I'm in town for it. It sounds like you guys had fun though. Wish I could have been there. Mine was a valid excuse Pranav! Gotta move the zipper around to the front! ; )

Dave, I have two T56's (LS1 and LT1) that I need to go through. Can I pick your brain on parts acquisition and any tips/tricks you may have discovered?