Page 95 of 308 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Casey had our first day, night, morning out ALONE in over three years... yes, the twins are three... Yes, we still have things to talk about and yet it was all about driving, racing and being out at the track. Hmmmm... I think I might have a problem! Thanks, guys, for the endless conversation points! My heroes... .

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Don't forget both 2 and 5lb sledg...
    The sawzall is for the big repairs, the sledge (aka the Ford hammer) is for the fine tuning... it's really more of a finesse tool.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPHoldway View Post
    Hmmmm... I think I might have a problem!
    Well... it starts with your initials.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie
    I used my Monday night to tear down the motor. After all my issues, I needed to see what was going on first hand, especially in the valve train. The good news is that after pulling the heads there was no valve contact with the pistons. A second check on the cam seems to suggest all is a go. That basically helps me confirm that my valve train issues are a carryforward from my valve cover clearance issue on first start. I did lose a lifter, but all else looks good. So, if I can figure out how to re-install my heads and re-lash the rocker arms, I should be good for Hallett (knock on wood).

Dave
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPHoldway View Post
    Casey and I had our first day, night, morning out ALONE in over three years... yes, the twins are three... Yes, we still have things to talk about and yet it was all about driving, racing and being out at the track. Hmmmm... I think I might have a problem! Thanks, guys, for the endless conversation points! My heroes... .
    It's true - she definitely has a problem. Can't stop thinking / talking about racing. Turns out she has more of a one-track mind about this stuff than I do. For practice, she late-apexed the driveway yesterday and is actually improving my rating on iRacing. Crap.

I blame you Rob Liebbe - you planted the seed, handed me a water jug right in front of her, and said "make sure he uses this". Ergh....maybe it was a beer....I don't remember now but I still blame you. Dave Neary - you're not off the hook either...she actually likes Mustangs now which was never something I had to worry about before. In all seriousness though thanks for all for the support and good times - nothing else I'd rather be doing.

In other news, my car is ready to go except for the rearend. Posi and gears were completely trashed in race 1 at TWS. Can't complain too much though - bone stock rearend with 160,000 miles and 4 years of track abuse with 400+ horsepower. Should've died a long, long time ago. Got all the parts ordered today (Auburn racer's diff, 3.73s, new bearings / seals, etc.) and should be ready to go for Hallett. First performance upgrade I've done in years. Need all the help I can get...horsepower won't save me at Hallett like it did at TWS.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Rookie
    Aagh! Mustangs and Camaros living together.... Mass histeria...

Casey, sounds like a good problem to have! Glad to hear you'll have everything in order for Hallett.
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by way2neary View Post
    Once I figure out how to re-install my heads and re-lash the rocker arms, I will be good for Hallett
    Glad to hear you'll have everything in order for Hallett.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey_SS View Post
    I blame you Rob Liebbe - you planted the seed
    Boy that could get mis-quoted and cause me a lot of trouble.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    I've been busy setting up the shop. It's funny how big this was (65 x 150!) before I started putting everything inside. I am installing the first of three lifts this week and hope to be up and running by June 1st.
    Shop 012.jpgShop 015.jpgShop 017.jpgShop 014.jpgShop 013.jpg
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I've been busy setting up the shop.
    What hobby do you NOT have?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!