Thread: So, what did you do today?

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    It's been quite some time since I've posted here at all, let alone in the thread I started. For whatever reason, I decided to peruse the site today, and noticed Marshall's post to part out his car, and his movement to triathlons - congrats, Marshall.

Interesting that Marshall has gotten into Tri's.....FWIW, several of the guys here in CA that I raced with have gotten into road cycling (Nick Steel, Matt King, Ryan Walton, etc), myself included (I got back into cycling in 2011).

A few weeks ago, I convinced some friends to ride up Mt Baldy to see the stage 5 finish of the Amgen Tour of California pro-bike race, including Matt King and a co-worker from Dallas.

So, we set off at 8am for a little bike ride. It's a route I'd done previously with some friends last December....~22mi to get from Glendora to Mt Baldy village, climbing nearly the entire time, with very few respites along the way. Then, a FAST mountain descent (42+mph, on a bike) that will use your road racing skills.

It's quite amazing how many parallels there are between cycling and road racing. Every bit as challenging, daunting, and exhilarating.

And, one can spend a sizable chunk of income and time doing it, as my wife reminds me....regularly. I have just about the same money in my BMC GF01 road bike as I do my 1994 F150.
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 06-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.