Page 268 of 308 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Yet another milestone in my hopeful return to racing!
    Had a MRI to see if the PT I've been doing for the last year has made any difference and VERY happy to say that I am now the proud wearer of more than 50% return of muscle around the lower part of my spine - had 0% muscle - 100% fat at L4/5 and L5/S1 a year ago with a disc that was not at all interested in staying put. Even the doctor was pretty surprised at the progress so I am REALLY happy today!
    Kyri is coming home for Thanksgiving (shhhh - its a surprise for Anna) so we are going to have some serious discussion on when the #404 will return to racing and maybe , just maybe, get around to that second car next year.

His super-sized trailer is sitting at his shop in Ohio along with the spare semi (yeah, the young man has a spare semi now so he can rotate without downtime!) so it's just a matter of when I can start racing and when he can.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    so it's just a matter of when I can start racing and when he can.
    Awesome; good job on healing up.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Got the bearings pulled/pushed in the T56. Need the magic to pull the race that's in the backside of the input shaft. Thinking a blind hole pulling tool is the answer but if there are good ideas. Mozader - bring good ideas.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Race Car update:
    1. Lifter fell thru clean, should be a big deal to replace them all.
    2. Motor went lean and chunked one piston and got several others hot. It's at the builder now for further diagnosis.
    3. Going to try a different tuner and keep the total timing at or below 32-deg

Knee update
    1. Had knee surgery 11 days ago to fix a torn meniscus and clean up some cartilidge damage and just had a successful post-op appt.
    2. Have gone to three PT appts and have an intensive home-therapy routine. Takes about an hour, twice a day. Was cleared to do body weight squatting yesterday. Will be back to pre-injury state by the first of the year, hopefully.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Geez, everyone's getting put back together in the off season. I have ankle surgery next week, gonna get me some little kid cartilage implanted. Plenty of time to heal for Hallett.

Dave I'm having a difficult time picturing what you're talking about if it isn't what's already in this article.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ght...on-conversion/

Dudes, good luck on all the surgery/rehabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Dave I'm having a difficult time picturing what you're talking about if it isn't what's already in this article.
    Those are all the easy ones. Its the race in the back end of the input shaft that the bearing on the end of the mainshaft rides in.

T56 Rebuild Manual

It's Part 11 on page 2-3. It is the race for part 22, the tapered bearing on the end of the mainshaft.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Dudes, good luck on all the surgery/rehabs.

Those are all the easy ones. Its the race in the back end of the input shaft that the bearing on the end of the mainshaft rides in.

T56 Rebuild Manual

It's Part 11 on page 2-3. It is the race for part 22, the tapered bearing on the end of the mainshaft.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/3-jaw-p...ller-4876.html
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-h...ler-95987.html

I don't think the 3-jaw will fit in there. Paul "the new guy" has the collet version I am going to borrow.

Sean had a two-jaw that I tried and it didn't seem to have enough total "bite" given the jaw width.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Can't you rent that guy at the parts store? I used a version of that to do my pilot bearing in the Corvette. Rented the tool from OReilly's.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Can't you rent that guy at the parts store? I used a version of that to do my pilot bearing in the Corvette. Rented the tool from OReilly's.
    i borrowed something similar from Seans and stopped before I broke it... literally used a crescent wrench and pipe wrench to try and tighten it. Sean tried his handy bearing pry tools and nothing moved. Upside down can of compressed air... nothing. There's a collet version of the pullers on the way to try next.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!