Page 224 of 308 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    The bushings and arms were replaced at the beginning of 2013, so they've got about 8 weekends on them.
    I'm sorry to hear of that Kevin.
    Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you run the stock 4-link, the PM3L, have stock bushings, poly, or spherical. The 4-link suspension is just going to continue to destroy itself.

The best option out there is to spend $650 for the kit Jerry installed, then pay hundreds more to install it (or be fortunate enough to do it yourself), then pay hundreds on top of that for new UCA's, and then your upper issue will be fixed. Of course, then you'll still have the lowers to worry about.
    The $400-500 torque arm is looking like a nicer solution IMO.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    How long are most people normally getting out of the bushings/control arms running a normal 4-link setup?

If I would have noticed the bushing had pushed out of the sleeve sooner, I think my control arm would still be OK to use. With the amount of metal that got removed though, I didn't really think it was a good idea to try to re-use it.

The bushings are $40/set and I'm only replacing one side since the other is still good. Only took about an hour or so to get the control arm and old bushing out and the new bushing pressed in using the Maximum Motorsports removal/installation tool. I didn't have to take anything else loose from the suspension either, so while it's not something I just want to have to do every year, it's not a complete pain in the ass to get it done. I just need to be more vigilant in the future and check the bushings after every weekend and hope I don't destroy a control arm if this happens again.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    How long are most people normally getting out of the bushings/control arms running a normal 4-link setup?

If I would have noticed the bushing had pushed out of the sleeve sooner, I think my control arm would still be OK to use. With the amount of metal that got removed though, I didn't really think it was a good idea to try to re-use it.

The bushings are $40/set and I'm only replacing one side since the other is still good. Only took about an hour or so to get the control arm and old bushing out and the new bushing pressed in using the Maximum Motorsports removal/installation tool. I didn't have to take anything else loose from the suspension either, so while it's not something I just want to have to do every year, it's not a complete pain in the ass to get it done. I just need to be more vigilant in the future and check the bushings after every weekend and hope I don't destroy a control arm if this happens again.
    When I was running the PM3L I was tearing up a upper control arm (the rubber in it) every other race weekend. I have no idea how long they will last with my current four link set-up. If I remember the last set of uppers I purchased from Maximum they were $220.00 per set plus shipping. As far as I know it's a single source. Oh and since I was going through so many uppers I decided to try what Michael was using on his car. I installed the Polyurethane bushing in the uppers. That is when I tore out the complete upper torque boxes.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    They're still $220/set from MM. That doesn't include axle side bushings, so add another $40.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    While in the UK, I've noticed how good the meats, vegetables, and fruits are in the UK. Besides zapping you in the airports, the FDA is poisoning you at the supermarket. Think about it.
    Historically that have had small refrigerators, so lots of meat and produce to to market quickly and get sold and cooked within a few days...

My Aunt would go the the stores every other day, I can remember some awesome meals at her house..

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I don't wanna offend anyone, but when you look at Ag/food in the US;

1. Everything has high frucose corn syrup in it
    2. We let the most amount of crap (blood, puss, hormones) into our "standard" dairy milk
    3. Our meat sucks
    4. Pesticides in everything
    5. Poor people have access to the worst food possible
    6. Every school has soda vending machines in them

All this focus on fixing healthcare, I mean making health insurance companies rich, none on what's slowly killing us; I always thought just taxing the "bad" stuff (corn syrup, booze, cigarettes, sodas, etc) would've been a better way to pay for poor people's medical needs rather than screw healthcare up for all of us.

Sad if you think about it.

I myself have cut out dairy milk from my diet (i'll consume it if something i'm eating was made with it, but I drink almond milk at night now), try to avoid the corn syrup as much as I can, and just make sure I eat "good" meat as much as I can.

That being said I won't pretend to be some health nut, I still will chow down on a #1 with a coke at McD's every once in a while. Maybe that's why I'm still fat.
    Last edited by Pranav; 02-16-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    1. Everything has high frucose corn syrup in it
    Did a lot of work with a company that had some of the top chemists/biologists in the world specializing in the evolution (or really de-evolution) of enzymes and in particular saccarides in various regions of the world. Our bodies are built to utilize many of the enzymes and in particular a good handful of the saccarides that are being filtered out of our food and drink. Since we have several pathways for metabolizing fuel we can adapt but that does not mean it will lead to a better or even good evolution of our systems.
    Major failing of public schools is that most people haven't got a clue how to keep themselves healthy.
    I gained 30 lbs and got into shitty health (compared to when I was in my 30's) but I know why and I also knew how to lose that 30 lbs (just weighed myself yesterday and I am at my target weight of 180 for the first time in 15 years...3 lbs lighter than my youngest son.) - now I just need to fix my core (mainly my back muscles and lower spine).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    3. Our meat sucks
    Not what I eat or anyone that I can convince to do what we do. Best tasting meat and custom butchered, dry aged (22 days usually), cut and packaged to our whims a couple times a year a little more than half of what you'd pay in the store. We've gotten our beef and pork from my wife's uncle and friends of the family for 25 years. Hand fed, minimal shots, raised in the fields with plenty of sun. Best tasting meat you will taste. This year was best ever in fact. Took my bro-laws advice and had our meat cut thicker and man!! outrageously delicious!! Can't wait to get home and cook up one of those packages of pork chops....yummmmm!
    One of my clients in Chicagoland goes to Omaha once a year and gets about the same price and quality. F' convenience guys...the 32oz soda days dug the US (and Canada - maybe worse in the GWN) a huge whole in the health department...dig out.

Picked up my second fresh engine for 2014. Glad to say the boys at HP came good by offering to zero the labor and machining costs. Great gesture but I thought sharing the cost was more appropriate. About to head out to the shop to stick it in the 65, noise by lunch.....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice of them and you to do that.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Glad to hear Craig. I'm heading to the shop to button mine all the way up tomorrow.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...