Page 103 of 308 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Just sat through a 3 hour sales pitch for replacement windows for my house.

It was the same process like when purchasing a car.
    Salesman has to go through sales manager, then credit manager, etc.

Started out at $14K. No.
    $11.5K. No.
    $10.4K with 0% interest @ 60 months. No.

What will it take?

$8K - 0% - 60 months - no minimum monthly -

$8.5K? No.

Cya ... I bet they call back.

Nice vinyl windows, BTW ...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Just found out today when trying to file a hail claim for 26-May that my homeowners policy was cancelled on 22-May. Apparently I didn't pay my renewal notice that I never received. They have apparently sent three pieces of mail to me over the last 8 weeks regarding my policy. I never received any of them... I called and pitched the "I've been with you guys for auto and homeowner's for 8 years and have never missed a payment. Throw me a bone please". They won't renew since they now know I have hail damage and won't pick me back up until I fix my 8-10K roof damage... However, they have raised it to a higher level of management to see if they can make an exception since I never received the notices. Grrrrr.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Salvaged 800-900 lbs of bare copper ($3 per pound) over the last two days. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of brass (.60 per pound) and about another 200lbs of brass stacked 6-7 ft tall. Another 5 gallon bucket full of aluminum and a few large parts that don't fit in a bucket. 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket of stainless (?? per pound). I figure $3K in scrap I hope to dump early next week.

All this was collected over the last 2 weeks.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Salvaged 800-900 lbs of bare copper ($3 per pound) over the last two days. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of brass (.60 per pound) and about another 200lbs of brass stacked 6-7 ft tall. Another 5 gallon bucket full of aluminum and a few large parts that don't fit in a bucket. 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket of stainless (?? per pound). I figure $3K in scrap I hope to dump early next week.

All this was collected over the last 2 weeks.
    Wow...that's quite a haul. Where are you finding this stuff? Do that a few more times and you've a full season of racing covered...
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is a 1 time find I've been working on and off for a month or so. I'm still leaving about $1000 - $2000 in copper behind due to it being submerged in 200 gallons of oil containing PCB's.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bought a 2011 Ruckus this afternoon. Not one dealer had one in stock with-in 150 miles of me except Killeen and they wanted $350.00 extra because they know they were the only one with one in stock. Dealer in Georgetown gets four in on Tue. and now two of them are sold. It's crazy to pay that much for a scooter but it worse to pay $1500-1900 for a used one with two thousand miles. Spec Ruckus class starting at ECR (I will be absent at TWS in August). Bring your dyno sheet Sam!

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Bought a 2011 Ruckus this afternoon. Not one dealer had one in stock with-in 150 miles of me except Killeen and they wanted $350.00 extra because they know they were the only one with one in stock. Dealer in Georgetown gets four in on Tue. and now two of them are sold. It's crazy to pay that much for a scooter but it worse to pay $1500-1900 for a used one with two thousand miles. Spec Ruckus class starting at ECR (I will be absent at TWS in August). Bring your dyno sheet Sam!

JJ
    Not Killeen Power sports is it? If so, they're known for jacking up their prices. We avoid them and tell all the new guys the same. I went there once a few months ago and they wanted $4000 for a '06 CRF 250.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Spec Ruckus class starting at ECR (I will be absent at TWS in August). Bring your dyno sheet Sam!

JJ

...but my tuner hasn't written the Dyno tune for the ruck yet! What am I supposed to do!?

Congrats on the awesome purchase btw!
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker View Post
    ...but my tuner hasn't written the Dyno tune for the ruck yet! What am I supposed to do!?

Congrats on the awesome purchase btw!
    Black on black with Red lettering or Black with the orange trim and letters? I get my pick this afternoon. I'm leaning to the Black, black but the Black with Orange looks great in person (and bad on the web).

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Had the afternoon off and tried to duplicate a classic "stupid human trick"..... The "Gallon of milk challenge". I got halfway through before I realized why it's a stupid human trick. I'll post my attempt to Vimeo.. No better use for a Drift 170, but to tape something like this in 1080p...

Here's the video.
    http://www.vimeo.com/25728705
    Last edited by marshall_mosty; 06-28-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...