Page 108 of 308 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I took a glider ride in Durango yesterday. Tow let us off at 7500 ft. (field ele. 6500) and we took the thermals to 12.300 feet. Way cool. Jay and I have done this many times but yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a sailplane. We were up just over an hour and could have stayed up all day.

If you ever get to Durango look this place up.
    www.soardurango.com

We are in Ouray now for most of the week. It was 52 degrees this morning in Durango and it's 66 right now at 11:50 (MDT) in Ouray.

Sam, when I get back I will get with you on the rotors. I found some directional veined rotors not made in China for around $50.00. I broke two in one day just like that after races at ECR. 15 min. after the race we heard a ping and five minutes later another. Two rotors cracked just like that. If my new found rotor does not do better I will get a set of hats from Todd at TCE and rings from Coleman. Adam is right the two piece cools better you can go thicker with the new calipers.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Just as an FYI, my Stoptech rotors look better after their 5 events so far than the 13" Cobra rotors looked after 1 day. The Cobra rotors almost instantly got the super-small cracks that slowly grew larger over 2-3 events before cracking.

I also think Marshall has about 10 events over the last 3-4 years on his "used" Stoptech rotors. He also has a 4-hour enduro and 6 1/2 hours (from the 8 hour enduro).
    It is a large expense up front but I am completely sold on them.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Just as an FYI, my Stoptech rotors look better after their 5 events so far than the 13" Cobra rotors looked after 1 day. The Cobra rotors almost instantly got the super-small cracks that slowly grew larger over 2-3 events before cracking.

I also think Marshall has about 10 events over the last 3-4 years on his "used" Stoptech rotors. He also has a 4-hour enduro and 6 1/2 hours (from the 8 hour enduro).
    It is a large expense up front but I am completely sold on them.
    At Cal Speedway this weekend, I had to swap tires around (destroyed my RF)....while the car was in the air, I did my usual inspection. The StopTech rotors look miles better than any of my previous rotors did, even the nifty Coleman 2-piece units.

Cal Speedway is somewhat similar to TWS, in that we use the entire NASCAR front straight, plus NASCAR 1 and 2.....~5400rpm, top of 5th gear, foot flat to the floor entering T3 (somewhere around ~135mph), heavy braking down to about ~60mph. The StopTechs were there each, and every time, with no funny business. I could outbrake other drivers.

As Michael said, heavy up-front expense, but damn, they are good.
    Adam G.
    CMC #5
    2009 California Pony Car Cup CMC Champion
    2009 SoCal CMC Champion (Team Hollywood)
    2012 Kona Blue Metallic Boss 302 #1710
    Buy a hooptie, then race that mofo!
    NASA SoCal Race Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    Went to the ER Sunday morning to discover that the abdominal pain I had was being caused was not one, not two, but three f'ing kidney stones. They havent passed yet so my status for this weekend is TBD since I am sure they will probably migrate Friday night or Saturday.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    Went to the ER Sunday morning to discover that the abdominal pain I had was being caused was not one, not two, but three f'ing kidney stones.
    Now I don't feel so sore from being upside down under the dash or under/over/in putting the transmission back in. I'm sure Dr. Frank has you covered.

Besides, we wouldn't make fun of your misery.

#39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar

Jaycie Wakeboarding

We bought my 9 year old daughter Jaycie a wakeboard a couple of weeks ago. She has been on about three different times now. She got up on it her very first time and road until she got tired.

I on the other hand, can not get my fat butt up on that board.

This was a video Kendra shot yesterday of Jaycie wakeboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZA1iEh15Q

Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    Went to the ER Sunday morning to discover that the abdominal pain I had was being caused was not one, not two, but three f'ing kidney stones. They havent passed yet so my status for this weekend is TBD since I am sure they will probably migrate Friday night or Saturday.
    Man those are no fun... luckily I haven't had a bad one for a few years now, but with the heat and dehydration possible this weekend...everyone better be drinking lots of water now.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    We bought my 9 year old daughter Jaycie a wakeboard a couple of weeks ago. She has been on about three different times now. She got up on it her very first time and road until she got tired.

I on the other hand, can not get my fat butt up on that board.

This was a video Kendra shot yesterday of Jaycie wakeboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZA1iEh15Q
    I'm impressed how she changes the lead foot. I started waterskiiing at about that edge but I'm not sure I could do that.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    I'm impressed how she changes the lead foot. I started waterskiiing at about that edge but I'm not sure I could do that.
    She started skiing at age 7, but just started wakeboarding. She said she has to change he lead foot, because she doesn't want to cross the wake yet. She started doing it her first time up.

I have never wakeboarded, so I have been no help in telling her what to do.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    She started skiing at age 7, but just started wakeboarding. She said she has to change he lead foot, because she doesn't want to cross the wake yet. She started doing it her first time up.

I have never wakeboarded, so I have been no help in telling her what to do.
    There are some decent "How to Wakeboard" videos. Can probably find enough of them on youtube by now. How fast are you going and how long is the rope? This ain't racing so you can slow down. I think the rope needs to be shorter. She just needs more time playing around on it mainly. Looks like she needs to lean away from the boat a little more and put more weight on the back foot. She will get more comfortable and stable and then be able to hold the rope where she needs to.
    And those things are easy to get up on. You do have the board perpinducular to the boat and rope when starting out?

If there is another race in August next year I say we all just go to the lake instead.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24