Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Ok, that's it... all my stuff is for sale.

Dude, thanks for sharing that. I too wonder if I shift too much and probably do.

I think you should miss Hallett... we don't have any fun and the racing is dull and boring.
    I hope I wasn't implying that I think shifting is slower. What I should have clarified is that, for me, shifting will sometimes slow me down. This is due to lack of confidence in my shifting abilities and wanting to focus on other things. My belief is that focusing on the braking zone, proper line and maximizing mid-corner speed should be worked on first, followed by optimizing shift points, although this may be the wrong way to go about it, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

One example for me is Turn 7 going CW. I started out short shifting into fourth going up the hill to 9 just before turn in. Once I got the line down through 9-8 I started shifting between 8-7, with the shift point getting later and later. My ultimate goal is to shift right at turn in and use the weight transfer to rotate the car for turn-in. That should slow me down just enough to make the turn-in and get back on the gas, minimizing the time off throttle. I'm just not very consistent with my entry in to 7, and I will be carrying more speed through by shifting just before turn in.

I won't be making Hallet this year, but hopefully next year I'll be able to make it. I am still debating on making nationals at Road Atlanta though.

Tyler: That's a pretty sweet tool you made. I'll have to bookmark that.
    Last edited by blk96gt; 05-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    That's rough Dan. Definitely should have just had it removed. I don't have a scan of my after x-ray but think it maybe on here somewhere. I do have a pic on here after the second surgery of pin removal and tendon graft. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24