Page 118 of 308 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker View Post
    Needless to say, we had some bad habits to break.
    You said you weren't going to tell anybody about that...

The video sounds like the internal conversation I have every race.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    You said you weren't going to tell anybody about that...

The video sounds like the internal conversation I have every race.
    No kidding...it was pretty funny. I would guess these guys had to be friends to talk to each other in this manner.

I pictured Mitch instructing Glenn in this video.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar

Photo Caption Conest

Too funny. He must work at my local Lowe's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    What the heck was that... It looks like a 3rd gen rear glass window loover on the hood. I would like to see a picture of the owner.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Had a good day at the dyno. After 10 pulls trying to figure out why the MAF voltage was pegging at idle ended up being a bad jumper harness from Granatelli... Oh well. Fixed that and we were off and running. Ended up tuning to 381/395 before checking to see if SAE Smoothing 5 was selected. Of course, they are running their dyno on STD so it looks better for their customers. As soon as it was "reset", that number dropped to 347/359. We started pulling timing from the high points and ended up at 316/335 for my cert pulls. Water temps were 180/210/210, so it was representative of what I'm going to run on track. Also, it was pull #22-24 for the cert, so the motor and driveline were WELL warmed up.

So, my new minimum weight is 3015. I'm expecting 2 45lb elevator plates to be added for ECR.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Took the wife and kids to In-n-Out Burger in Fort Worth. It was my first time (as was the kids), and I just don't see what the big deal is. It was good, but not cry on TV, stand in line for days (or even minutes - as was the case today), top news story good......
    But I have at one time driven from Yuma, AZ to Phoenix, AZ (2+hours) for a Whataburger before. I guess I understand the desire, but not to the degree I've seen for In-n-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Took the wife and kids to In-n-Out Burger in Fort Worth. It was my first time (as was the kids), and I just don't see what the big deal is. It was good, but not cry on TV, stand in line for days (or even minutes - as was the case today), top news story good......
    But I have at one time driven from Yuma, AZ to Phoenix, AZ (2+hours) for a Whataburger before. I guess I understand the desire, but not to the degree I've seen for In-n-Out.
    I love me an "animal style' In-n-Out double double from time to time but I find the hype here in Texas just ridiculous and an indication of one of a number of things (just how lemming-like people can be, how the pace of transplants (yes I am one - but my son reminds me all the time that he is a Native Texan ) has increased over the last few years - used to be just N. Dallas but now FW is seeing it too)...I hate lines of any sort and a 2+ hour line for a pint size burger with just-OK fixin's is just silly - same people that want to pay more taxes I suppose.
    One of my clients HAS to stop at that place everytime we are in SoCal but there really are no lines there...it really is in-and-out even at a busy time of day.
    I like 5 guys burgers better than In-N-Out and I like Whataburger as far as a "fast burger" better than either of those. My favorites in town include Kincaids, Dunston's, Scotty P's...several others that had great burgers but went out of business include Rooty's (about 10 years ago) and Island Burgers (I heard there is one around town but have not found it).
    But if you want the BEST burger in DFW - heck, anywhere in my not so humble opinion - come by Casa del Calder. Maybe for ECR I should add some 'Calder Dubbles' to the menu...double patty "sewn" together with onions, mozza, pepperoni inside, wrapped in bacon and topped with cheddar - the burger meat mix is a secret family recipe but includes fresh ground rosemary from our garden.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    I love me an "animal style' In-n-Out double double from time to time but I find the hype here in Texas just ridiculous and an indication of one of a number of things (just how lemming-like people can be, how the pace of transplants (yes I am one - but my son reminds me all the time that he is a Native Texan ) has increased over the last few years - used to be just N. Dallas but now FW is seeing it too)...I hate lines of any sort and a 2+ hour line for a pint size burger with just-OK fixin's is just silly - same people that want to pay more taxes I suppose.
    One of my clients HAS to stop at that place everytime we are in SoCal but there really are no lines there...it really is in-and-out even at a busy time of day.
    I like 5 guys burgers better than In-N-Out and I like Whataburger as far as a "fast burger" better than either of those. My favorites in town include Kincaids, Dunston's, Scotty P's...several others that had great burgers but went out of business include Rooty's (about 10 years ago) and Island Burgers (I heard there is one around town but have not found it).
    But if you want the BEST burger in DFW - heck, anywhere in my not so humble opinion - come by Casa del Calder. Maybe for ECR I should add some 'Calder Dubbles' to the menu...double patty "sewn" together with onions, mozza, pepperoni inside, wrapped in bacon and topped with cheddar - the burger meat mix is a secret family recipe but includes fresh ground rosemary from our garden.
    Best burger, for me.....Chester's in San Antonio. Best Hamburgers both sides of the Pecos. You can even get 180 different kinds of beer with your burger. Great burger and home cut fries. My fav.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Watched my Aggies lose a second straight 17+ point halftime lead.

I'm putting the Camaro, the trailer, and the F250 out on the street for sale at $500 each.

Dammit!
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    Watched my Aggies lose a second straight 17+ point halftime lead.

I'm putting the Camaro, the trailer, and the F250 out on the street for sale at $500 each.

Dammit!
    Great stuff. And the Bears are winning right now.

JJ