Page 152 of 308 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Co-worker's FIL is selling his gun collection to fund a retirement boat.

Friday I picked up a Bushmaster M4 w/accessories, Remington 700 in 308 with optics and an unfired Yugo SKS with grenade launcher for WAY less than the cost of a set of 17" RA1s.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Jerry, take a tip from these guys. They seem to have the engine removal part down to a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5V9g...ature=youtu.be
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just picked up the heads off the DL engine from the machine shop and after shelling out $150.00 all is well. Starting back together tonight. I pushed the two pistons and rods that had been hit by the valves (at Hallett in 2010) out of the block and had them checked and all looks great. Spent $350.00 last night on cam timing parts, head gaskets and bolts. That did not include chains, or gears or tentioners. Just guides, tentioner arms, seals, and gaskets. Damn mod motor parts cost an arm and a leg. So we add 70 lbs. to the nose but get to lose 50 lbs. off the total weight. I'm going to try like hell to get this all done this week and dropped in this weekend so I can make MSRC.

JJ

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    You go girl.....er, huh Jerry.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I got a day of CBP in with a new driver's side front caliper, new slider pins, and the high temp "ceramic" grease. Still got bad pad kickback and had to pump the pedal on the straights.

Someone asked if I left-foot braked, saying if I dragged the brake pedal it might be heating up the brakes too much. Not sure if I agree with or understood the reasoning but I quit. No more soft pedal!

I think the car might be a touch loose. I have 650 front and 200 rear springs, 30mm front and 19mm rear bars. Does anyone in the Houston area have a 32mm front bar that I could borrow for Cresson?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW View Post
    I got a day of CBP in with a new driver's side front caliper, new slider pins, and the high temp "ceramic" grease. Still got bad pad kickback and had to pump the pedal on the straights.

Someone asked if I left-foot braked, saying if I dragged the brake pedal it might be heating up the brakes too much. Not sure if I agree with or understood the reasoning but I quit. No more soft pedal!

I think the car might be a touch loose. I have 650 front and 200 rear springs, 30mm front and 19mm rear bars. Does anyone in the Houston area have a 32mm front bar that I could borrow for Cresson?
    Cresson is a tighter track than TWS... a little loose might help the car rotate better in the tighter corners... just a guess..

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

I have a 32 front I can bring to Cresson when I deliver the brake ducts.

wayne, check the slop in the rear axles at the center diff pin....push axle in and out. We chased pad knock back on my car for over a year and it turned out to be slop in the rear axles causing the REAR pads to push off the rotor. No knockback at all now even with shot front hubs.

Loose is fast Cole, sinch those belts down tight and let the back hang out!

(PS - I'd be glad to take 'er for a spin and see if it really is "too loose". From the enduros I've done in all kinds of various different cars, I have discovered that I call balanced what most other people call "OMFGWTFBBQ that's undriveably loose - jus sayin )
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loaded the car on the trailer and hooked it up to the RV. Leaving for MSRC Friday morning. Hope the car is okay. Is there a dyno we can use at the track?

JJ