Page 161 of 308 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml View Post
    Seems contradictory, but what do I know.
    The better example is that the Dear Leader has said on multiple occassions that, "folks such as myself, that can afford it, would be glad to pay more in taxes." I think I know of at least 6 times he's said essentially the same thing. Let me know what the nice people at The White House or the DNC say to you when you ask when the Prez is going to pony up.

If the law says your marginal rate gets you to an 'average' rate of 19%, then that is what you will pay; but why is 19% too low?

So how much is enough?

And if anybody doesn't think they pay enough in Federal Income Taxes, either give some money to me or write the US Treasury a check.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    The better example is that the Dear Leader has said on multiple occassions that, "folks such as myself, that can afford it, would be glad to pay more in taxes." I think I know of at least 6 times he's said essentially the same thing. Let me know what the nice people at The White House or the DNC say to you when you ask when the Prez is going to pony up.

If the law says your marginal rate gets you to an 'average' rate of 19%, then that is what you will pay; but why is 19% too low?

So how much is enough?

And if anybody doesn't think they pay enough in Federal Income Taxes, either give some money to me or write the US Treasury a check.
    I hate capitol gains taxes, new vehicle taxes and estate taxes. Why do we have to pay every time a car is sold? Once paid at the new sale is enough.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I have worked in the "interactive media" world for almost 20 years...highly liberal/progressive tilt to the workforce (easily 4 to 1). Most of my friends from that arena are liberals (offset by conservatives and libertarian friends from non-work friends)...to a one my liberal friends have all maintained that stance...' I am fine with taxes being raised' ..' I would gladly pay more to (pick a rationale...help poor, deficit...anything but national defence)'. To this day not one has voluntarily made a donation to the IRS despite my encouragement. Social conservatives give to charoty almost double what liberals and progressives give based on studies over the last 20 years..lower taxes - we can take care of our needs better.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml View Post
    I guess the point is that our fearless leader in Washington is complaining that no one pays enough taxes, & then he only pays 19% ?

Seems contradictory, but what do I know.
    This is the politician belief system... Do as I say...not as I do.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I was driving back from a customer visit in Stillwater, OK and got through Oklahoma City before traffic. I saw the Oklahoma Motorsports Complex on the way up and stopped to get some seat time.

I'm not exactly sure how driving a vehicle that has so much front grip that you use it to slow down can help me drive the Camaro, but it was a nice break.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    I had minor knee surgery yesterday, enjoying the pain pills today.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Good luck in recovery sir! You coming this weekend?
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    What did you do, twist it climbing out the window of the Vic pretending it was a race car?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Wishing you a speedy recovery Rob...hopefully the minor part means you are back on your feet by now- though perhaps with the aid of a crutch...its amazing what they can do with knee surgery (as well as others).

Member Rookie
    I bought a new gun......for the wife.....and a new to us SUV.....for the wife.

Hmm I wonder where my racing budget whent.

kyle
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen