Page 162 of 308 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Trina and I participated in the "Relay for Life" in Taylor, TX this weekend. It was a 12-hour "enduro" (7p-7a) of walking to raise money for cancer research. Trina's sister-in-law is battling stage IV colon cancer and is in round 5 of chemo...

At the end (Saturday morning), I had walked almost 11 hours straight and covered approx 30 miles. Needless to say, I was flat worn out. I almost fell out of the Tahoe when we got to the hotel to sleep yesterday.

I can honestly say it was the hardest thing I had ever done in my entire life, with every step from hours 8-11 being painful in my hips, knees, and feet... but it pales in comparison to what a cancer patient goes through daily...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Found this on the NASA site... good editing from the left coast boys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkyi...ature=youtu.be
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar

Ms150

This past weekend Dan and I, along with his wife, daughter, and several of his employees, did the MS150 Houston to Austin bike ride fund raiser. Not too big of a deal for Dan, 'cause he does this kind of stuff all the time, but the last time I did the MS150 was 18 years ago. I remember it being easier back then. That's probably because of the massive head winds on Saturday but there might have been other factors...

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    I did the MS150 a few years ago(2009 I think). Wife was supposed to ride with me and had talked me into it in the first place, but back trouble kept her out of it. I swore when i finished on Sunday that I would never ride a bike again. Congrats guys, that is a hell of trip.

Congrats to Marshall as well on the Cancer relay. I probably would have fallen asleep standing up about hour 5.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    This past weekend Dan and I, along with his wife, daughter, and several of his employees, did the MS150 Houston to Austin bike ride fund raiser. Not too big of a deal for Dan, 'cause he does this kind of stuff all the time, but the last time I did the MS150 was 18 years ago. I remember it being easier back then. That's probably because of the massive head winds on Saturday but there might have been other factors...

Richard P.
    Great job... I just quit smoking a few weeks ago... maybe I will do the ride next year...

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Went to the dealer today and looked at a '13 Race Red Boss w/ corbeau option. asked their price then informed them their online add indicated invoice and i wanted it. they did a mad scramble and at one point five sales guys including the dealer owner were around a computer trying to change the ad. they came back and said the listing was a mistake by autotrader and should have been $5K over sticker but they'd honor sticker with me for today.... still thinking.
    also got price for a '13 white base GT w/ Track Pack & Corbeau Seats for $33K (preferred supplier X-plan, we make microcontrollers for ford etc). would take 6 weeks or so build.
    still thinking....
    Last edited by y5e06; 04-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

cmc 3

Does this make the decision easier?...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Very Nice... go for it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Yes that helps. I didn't know they had a suicide door option (handle to the front!) Hahahah. I'd go for a white Boss if that was an option.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Engine is back out of the 55. Too tired to pull the heads tonight. Getting good at this. Two and a half hours from start to engine on the floor all by my lomesome. Will look inside tomorrow. Again thanks to Chuck for the use of his fine hoist.

JJ