Page 192 of 308 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Marshall WTF??!!! So sorry to hear that bud
    Al,
    I'm bummed too. Was really looking forward to playing with the larger AI fields that are coming this year. We'll see when I can get into surgery. Maybe I can be running at Hallett, if I'm lucky.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    That really sucks Marshall. Very sorry to hear it.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Today I added a bong shaped track just South of Austin to my list. Very cool track. Lots of extra rules instituted by the track for this event that tried to suck the fun out of it but the event went well and I enjoyed it. Hopefully the track will get more comfortable with this stuff and ease up a bit...

The steep entry fee was apparently justified because it included this cool T-shirt. If NASA happens to get Nationals at this track, the all in cost to convert my "Been there, driven that" shirt to a "Been there, raced that" shirt will do some serious damage to my wallet.

My poor car has lots of track miles on it and is really showing its age but it just keeps on going. It will be back at MSRH in a couple of weeks.

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What were the extra rules Richard? I heard that once the people that had deals with them were done that they were not going to let DE's rent the track anymore.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    JJ needs to keep up with the times - they flipped flopped one Saturday a month or three ago but got so beat up by media over the incident they went forward with the agreements they had in place. I think they wanted to keep a low profile, as they're still asking for tax subsidies and turning away profitable events would put a real hurt on "why do you need this?"...

I've got my stuff just about together to race there in March with SCCA.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    JJ needs to keep up with the times - they flipped flopped one Saturday a month or three ago but got so beat up by media over the incident they went forward with the agreements they had in place. I think they wanted to keep a low profile, as they're still asking for tax subsidies and turning away profitable events would put a real hurt on "why do you need this?"...

I've got my stuff just about together to race there in March with SCCA.
    I kinda new this but I thought they were saying when these are done that COTA was done with track events. You think it's just for the tax subsidies?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    What I'm hearing from people that ran at the TDE event there was they (the track) were impressed with how well run their event was and it looked good for future events. We'll see what happens though, I haven't booked any hotel rooms or anything counting on TDE being there and such heh!
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    What were the extra rules Richard?
    Lots of little dumb things. No passengers. No parade laps. No open passing in any group. No outside food allowed. Only registered guests allowed in and only after 10:00 and they had to park outside and you had to go get them. If you had a "race prepped" car you had to wear your full driver's costume. Etc... There was a never ending stream of e-mails announcing more and more restrictions and instructions. Some of the restrictions came out after people were already headed to the track. Rick always provides water for the instructors. He wasn't allowed to bring any in but the track was happy to provide him with the water for $48 a case...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I heard that once the people that had deals with them were done that they were not going to let DE's rent the track anymore.
    We don't really know anything about that yet. There were four contracts for DEs. All were canceled apparently because the track decided they didn't want to do DE's. Social media and lawyers exploded. The four contracts were quickly reinstated. The general hope by all of us that want to run the track is that the DE's will go well and the track will decide it would be OK to do more events. The first one by The Driver's Edge went well by any account I've heard. Track management was there checking things out. It was pretty clear that we were to be on our best behavior to make this event go well. We'll see what the future brings.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    it was pretty clear that we were to be on our best behavior.....

Richard p.
    now i know why i wasn't invited!!!!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Worked on the 2014 Year End Video. No, that's not a typo.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"