Page 206 of 308 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    What happens at Hallett..............................

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    How did I get drug into this conversation.....
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    http://blog.parathyroid.com/race-car...racing-deaths/ - good read.

Side note: on the way home from Hallett there was some work on 45 at BW8 on the north side of Houston. We took the gamble and did the exit-entrance thing. Merging into the only open shoulder lane, some pinhead in a convertible mustang (not a complete poke at you ford types... well, you know what i mean) was going to run up past us. He got even with the trailer axles and decided he would pull a Rueth/Mosty and take out the tall orange cone thing instead of hitting the trailer. When he jetted up next to us he didn't look to happy either. Most aggravatingly, when traffic thinned out he didn't even drive the speed limit.

I love Houston drivers.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I had to skim that but looks like a good read that I will take the time to digest. After the weekend I'll be paying more attention to a few areas in the car, on my body, and around the tracks and will use the article as motivation to be safer where possible.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

Final race of my amateur racing career, last weekend as a Series Director.....pole, and a win. At Laguna.

Check another one off the bucket-list.
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 08-13-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Congrats on the win!

Just decided that it was time to open a different chapter in life? Let us know your thoughts and plans.

MP

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Congrats Adam!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Excellent job Adam, congrats. FMR

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

Saturday's race is here. Qual'd/started P4, took P3. Unfortunately, I don't have Sunday's race win on video.

As for why LSIR was my last race.....it boils down to simple economics - my youngest son starts his journey towards a physics degree at SFSU in late August of this year. In CA, CMC doesn't exist any longer. And, well.....my car has been "around the block a few times".

#5 has been raced every single season since it was built in 1999 (yes, 15 years as a racecar), at 17 different race tracks across the US by me, another 5 by the previous owner. It's been wrecked, pulled back into place, had it's front frame rails replaced, too many fenders to count, four noses, three logbooks (one SCCA and two NASA logbooks....the first NASA logbook was completely filled), three hoods, three windshields, three brake systems.....but interestingly enough, it's still running the original shortblock it came with when I bought it in early 2003. It's the same shortblock that was in the car when it was built in 1998. Heads/cam/intake/exhaust has changed, but not the shortblock. It even has it's original doors...also hard to believe, given it's a CMC car.....

I might be able to continue to afford racing my current car, but certainly not for a full season. In all honesty, if I wanted to continue to race full seasons (which I can't afford).....I need to build another chassis.....which I also can't afford with a looming college bill on the immediate horizon.

Trailer is for sale. Car is not.....no one buys Fox-body CMC cars, at least not for a decent figure. Even one with 2 championships, a 5-page Hot Rod magazine article, and a half-page picture in GRM from the Mid-Ohio Nationals. There are too many damn good parts on the car to sell it for some ridiculously low figure/"giving it away", and I have too many good years with my car to get rid of it. It's been fun for 11 years.

For now, it will stay in the garage, maybe racing one event a year, just to keep my comp license and race-craft active. It may morph into a hot rod some day....who the hell knows.

BTW - huge thanks to David Donovan for getting a set of front pads to me in time to make Laguna. There's no way in hell I would have finished the weekend without his help. Thank you, David!

You guys have fun racing.
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 07-09-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Adam G.
    CMC #5
    2009 California Pony Car Cup CMC Champion
    2009 SoCal CMC Champion (Team Hollywood)
    2012 Kona Blue Metallic Boss 302 #1710
    Buy a hooptie, then race that mofo!
    NASA SoCal Race Director

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    Adam, thats awesome, How is your son doing with my old Kenny Brown Mustang? That car was so nice, I would love to buy it back from you.
    AI # 12