Page 217 of 308 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Typical guy from Texas who is faster than the rest of the country. First year in CMC and came from Miata's. I figured he would win nats with ease. Oh-and it's a Mustang-how many years has it been since a Chevy has won nats? Maybe 5?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Typical guy from Texas who is faster than the rest of the country. First year in CMC and came from Miata's. I figured he would win nats with ease. Oh-and it's a Mustang-how many years has it been since a Chevy has won nats? Maybe 5?
    You Chevy guys need to pool your money and send me back. I have a pretty good track record. It would be a worthy investment.

Member Rookie
    I'm...not sure...I buy that. Started from the back and passed the entire field and ran 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place while doing it? I would think CMC rules are way too tight for any car/driver combo to put nearly 2 seconds between first and second place in a National race.

Has he been putting the rest of the Texas field that far down? Did he run Hallett?

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    You Chevy guys need to pool your money and send me back. I have a pretty good track record. It would be a worthy investment.
    And why aren't you at Nationals? Guess I haven't been following that closely this year. You not running?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I'm...not sure...I buy that. Started from the back and passed the entire field and ran 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place while doing it? I would think CMC rules are way too tight for any car/driver combo to put nearly 2 seconds between first and second place in a National race.

Has he been putting the rest of the Texas field that far down? Did he run Hallett?
    He was a top 3-5 car from day 1 with us. He has a few years running a SPEC Miata. He's likely learned a few things running those cars. He is a great driver and very detail oriented. There has already been a DQ. If he is not in compliance, let the Tech shed catch him. He'sbeen very clean here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    And why aren't you at Nationals? Guess I haven't been following that closely this year. You not running?
    Havent ran Nat's since 2009. Don't have the funds to do it anymore. I went for 4 years straight and many of them on the dime of Sponsors and good friends who didn't think I should be at home for Nats.

FYI - I like my 2006 3rd place finish out of 23 more than any other year of Nat's I ran.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Two (or was it three) years since a certain Mustang driver lost, then won, then lost the CMC championship in a Camaro.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Two (or was it three) years since a certain Mustang driver lost, then won, then lost the CMC championship in a Camaro.
    We were all cheering that certain Mustang driver on too...heartbreaking.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Was that CMC 1 or 2 or after it merged back to CMC? I wish they had a list of all the past champions on the nat. site somewhere. I think the S197's won the last 3 since they started showing up as street cars that were driven to/from the track that won. Prior to that Kellam won I think.

Sidney-what part don't you buy? I could make it clearer that he is a typical Texas Trophy Girl. Not everyone in Texas is that fast of course. He is a smooth driver with a well setup car. All true that he was in a miata and this is his first year in CMC. He only did 2 events with us. Pretty sure he won his first race and maybe all that he finished? I would have bet that he would win unless he has a mechanica. But just because it's nats doesn't mean its the fastest cars in the country. From my vantage point on some in the field I'm surprised he isn't more than 2 seconds faster than some. Has CMC run at that track in that configuration before? What were the times?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Member Rookie
    Has CMC run at that track in that configuration before? What were the times?
    I'm just surprised that any new driver can come along with an old Mustang and run faster than guys that have been developing the Fox for years. The rules haven't changed and the S197's are gone. Again...just surprised there is room left to develop this chassis.

The Midwest guys that qualified 1,2,3 yesterday are pretty fast. They are faster than last year and setting track records. Records that Ander's set in his S197. These 3 have also been faster than Bob Denton all year and he ran fairly well at Hallet in June against you guys. If memory serves me I believe he won one of the races but may have been an inverted start. Either way he's always been considered very fast and has been the benchmark until 2013 when he built and is developing his new 4th gen.

For any car/driver combo to put 2 to 3 seconds on the Midwest guys makes me question how it's happening knowing the rules have been stable and the Texas guys have been running Mustangs for years and not been able to put that kind of distance between an old Fox and the 4th gens.

Sidney