Page 218 of 308 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I have a 2004 GT not a fox

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I'm just surprised that any new driver can come along with an old Mustang and run faster than guys that have been developing the Fox for years. The rules haven't changed and the S197's are gone. Again...just surprised there is room left to develop this chassis.

The Midwest guys that qualified 1,2,3 yesterday are pretty fast. They are faster than last year and setting track records. Records that Ander's set in his S197. These 3 have also been faster than Bob Denton all year and he ran fairly well at Hallet in June against you guys. If memory serves me I believe he won one of the races but may have been an inverted start. Either way he's always been considered very fast and has been the benchmark until 2013 when he built and is developing his new 4th gen.

For any car/driver combo to put 2 to 3 seconds on the Midwest guys makes me question how it's happening knowing the rules have been stable and the Texas guys have been running Mustangs for years and not been able to put that kind of distance between an old Fox and the 4th gens.

Sidney
    Aaron isn't in a Fox and he isn't a new driver-it is an SN95 I think (I don't know the SN95/99 stuff). The last driver in Texas that spent time developing an SN chassis also won Nats-Kellam so it shouldn't be too surprising. Are there any fast Fox drivers at Nats? Just because a guy has been driving a chassis for years doesn't mean they have been developing it or testing it either. Plenty of people (me included) have driven a car only to find out later there was a problem like a blown shock, etc. Very few do any actual testing or setup changes. Kudos to Aaron for his driving and setup skills along with his builder Jason Massey at Illicit.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Was that CMC 1 or 2 or after it merged back to CMC?
    Last year of CMC1. I actually had to convert the car from CMC2 trim back down to CMC1.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Today I finished what I started yesterday...... I finally did some brake service to the tow rig.
    167,000 miles. I have owned it since new. I have never performed any brake work on truck or had anyone do any for me.
    Factory stock everything down to the fluid - all w/ 167,000 miles.
    Hydroboost was leaking (failed visual on state inspection - been that way for 5 years) so I swapped that. New master went in as well since I was going to flush the fluid and didn't want it to fail a week later, and new front rotors since they were warped. Put the OEM stock pads back on since they still have 1/4" of pad before I get to the wear clips. New P/S fluid since the old had 167K on it. I wil likely need new rear rotors and pads along w/ new pads in a year or two. Flushed 2.5 large bottles of fluid through it and it stops like a new truck! I also used to get an ABS and BRAKE warning light on the dash. I don't get that anymore. When swaping the master fluid res over, we cleaned it. Once cleaned we could hear a clink sound inside. It didn't do that before we cleaned it. There is a magnet inside the res. There is a sensor under that. The fluid floats the magnet. If the fluid gets low, the magnet trips the sensor and tells you your brake fluid is low. W/ the old ass fluid in there, it was all gunned up causing the magnet to stick when I hit bumps (bumps seemed to cause the ABS and BRAKE warning lights to come on). After a long test drive, that seems to be fixed.

I have read reports of 200,000 on stock brakes on this year modle group of GM 2500HD's.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Got my new motor all ready to go in the car tomorrow. Might get it running tomorrow night, hope to get up to TWS this Friday for a solid shake down.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Got my new motor all ready to go in the car tomorrow. Might get it running tomorrow night, hope to get up to TWS this Friday for a solid shake down.
    Very nice... just don't tailgate Glenn through the tunnel.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I finally got mine all back together with a rebuilt engine. I will dyno it tomorrow and find out if it will hold together for that. I won't make TWS in time for any practice... but sure would like to see if it could make some practice time before I race it. I keep going out to the shop and running it for 5-20 minutes at varying RPM's to try and break it in some.

Took Mandy for an extended drive with my wife - love it when I get to drive.
    At some point I'd like to dyno that car...seems she's got a lot more pull than I'd thought she'd have..easily rip the wheels free grabbing second and have to be real careful pulling away at lights...especially since any cop around is staring right at us. Not sure if I posted pix on here before, but here's After (still need to get the rocker molding re-done), In-between and Before.

MandyTakingABreather.jpgSummerStripDown1.jpgMandyBefore.jpg

Working on this car has me seriously thinking about a 68/69 coupe as the next racecar instead of an S197 - while we were building Mandy out we spec'd what we could do - we'll see...need to see what happens at the end of the year with my contracts before I pull any triggers.
    Was hoping to take a drive to TWS for the race weekend but we've got a ton of work to do before end of month (Anna's entered in a Microsoft sponsored game contest that ends at the end of the month).

At anyrate, sounds like a lot of you are getting your cars in shape so hope everyone has a great time in a couple weeks!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Took #67 to MSR-C for some well needed shakedown testing to ensure the cooling issue and transmission issues are resolved. Car ran like a top. Motor seemed a bit weak, so I'll address that in the offseason with hopefully a new tune.

Put another control module on the ABS system, but to no avail... Not sure what is wrong. Either a wheel sensor or the HCU. There is a test procedure that isn't too in depth on the wheel sensors, so will probably try that in the off-season.

The Astro A-5 gear set worked VERY well. Thanks to Tony at Astro for talking me thru building another T-5. To see the 2 gearsets next 2 each other is crazy...
    http://www.astroperformance.com/
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Great news Marshall, I've been feeling your pain.

Had a successful day myself; managed to tame the excess horsepower the new setup gave with a few Dyno hours, a little tweaking and some crafty restrictor plate adjustment. Now for a full weekend of suspension set up...