Page 241 of 308 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    I ended up faceplating my T56 and love it...shifts fantastic at 7500 rpm. just not sure it's AI legal.
    Faceplating is NOT legal in AI, as it removes the syncros.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    On a side note, how long do your CMC pads last guys?
    I get about a season - the issue is the car will eat the last 50% of a set really quick at Hallett and ECR so I try to remember to manage around those events | Carbotech XP8 front and OReilly ceramic in the rear... but i'm slow and uncompetitive.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Why so many issues? Thought T-56's were bullet proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Mark, what has been the failure? Synchros?
    I have no freaking idea! The short version of the long story is, it was brand new in December. MSRH was great, MSRC was good except when coming out of Wagon Wheel (at track out) it didn’t always want to go into third. When it happened, it was always at the same spot on track. TWS, it won’t go into fifth (first time to try it), same third gear issue coming out of carousel. Hallett, third gear issue coming out of T6. Road Atlanta, no third gear issues, no fifth. I’ve tried several different length throwout bearings, no change. A guy from Tremec is going to see if there is anything wrong internally.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I get about a season - the issue is the car will eat the last 50% of a set really quick at Hallett and ECR so I try to remember to manage around those events | Carbotech XP8 front and OReilly ceramic in the rear... but i'm slow and uncompetitive.
    Wow, the Carbotechs have a bad rap for longevity and you're squeezing a season out of the 8s? Impressive. You hit about 6 races in a season? We had a local guy try cheap pads out back and they lasted exactly 1 weekend at PPIR, out least brake-intensive local track. I never thought they'd go this long. I do need a softer pad out back, bias is all out and it's still a little sketchy on entry. I think I'd rather try bias as opposed to compromising spring rate for it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Faceplating is NOT legal in AI, as it removes the syncros.
    Lol.....there are many with it done though. Trust me.

And the tech shed test to look for it only works MAYBE 5% of the time.....
    Last edited by AI#97; 09-17-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Wow, the Carbotechs have a bad rap for longevity and you're squeezing a season out of the 8s?
    It's probably better to say Halett or ECR and three more events. I want them new for Hallett/ECR; once you get past 1/2 worn, they start to go fairly quickly. I bought a set of XP10s by mistake but may try them back to back with the 08s at TWS in a couple weeks.

In the meantime i'm going to get some big brakes and supa-light wheels with weld-on spacers after I tune the VATS out...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I'm using PFC "Z-rated" street pads on the back of the AI car. There just isn't enough weight back there to use more brake. I can go 8-9 events on a set of rear pads.

Front PFC01's will last 3-5 events, depending on where ECR and Hallett land.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I'm using PFC "Z-rated" street pads on the back of the AI car. There just isn't enough weight back there to use more brake. I can go 8-9 events on a set of rear pads.

Front PFC01's will last 3-5 events, depending on where ECR and Hallett land.
    Mustangs have rear brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Mustangs have rear brakes?
    Yep! and they work great too! I am running 13" rears with PFC97's with FULL pressure to the rear. I am currently trying a Stoptech Performance pad in the rear and they are working pretty good. If you aren't using the rear brakes, you are giving up a lot on track.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    I have no freaking idea! The short version of the long story is, it was brand new in December. MSRH was great, MSRC was good except when coming out of Wagon Wheel (at track out) it didn’t always want to go into third. When it happened, it was always at the same spot on track. TWS, it won’t go into fifth (first time to try it), same third gear issue coming out of carousel. Hallett, third gear issue coming out of T6. Road Atlanta, no third gear issues, no fifth. I’ve tried several different length throwout bearings, no change. A guy from Tremec is going to see if there is anything wrong internally.

Same BS issues we had with Misty's T56 for years. It was all about heat even after a good rebuild by my go to guy in San Antonio. You MUST run a cooler/pump. If we forgot to turn the pump on, 4 laps in and all the stuff you described happened. With the pump on, it would take 12-15 laps for it to happen as the trans aged. We also got rid of the shifter she had and went with MGW. It was a shorter throw and much more precise, but it required a firmer hand to get it in a gate. I put a pistol grip handle on it and increased the leverage and it was like butter after that! Was also nice to have the button on top for the reverse lockout release!

The stage 3 upgrade/rebuild we had done was around $1200 IIRC and took about 2 days. I was working in SA for the week and dropped it off on Tuesday and picked it up on Wednesday. Got 3 years out of it and was still working great at Hallett as long as the pump was on. Does your car have one of those goofy "remote" shifter linkages?
    Ah, fugg it.