Page 244 of 308 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    In case anyone didn't know, she is 9.
    But she is way taller than my 13 year old.

BTW.. Jaycie was asked to play on a club volleyball team traveling all over to play tournaments. Not really thrilled about it, but it will be good for her to get better at volleyball. Not sure if it is going to interfere with her club basketball yet though and luckily it doesn't interfere with her soccer.

Now you know why I can't find time to race.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post

BTW.. Jaycie was asked to play on a club volleyball team traveling all over to play tournaments. Not really thrilled about it, but it will be good for her to get better at volleyball. Not sure if it is going to interfere with her club basketball yet though and luckily it doesn't interfere with her soccer.

Then you can come back to racing when you are 50 years old and find out how fast all the young guns are.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I'm headed off to Brunei right after TWS. Gonna fly through Singapore and Tokyo.

If I were to get a stopover in Singapore and Tokyo on the way back, any recommendations on what to do/eat/see? Figured some of you guys have gone thru there...

Anyone go to Brunei?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Looks like I'm headed off to Brunei right after TWS. Gonna fly through Singapore and Tokyo.

If I were to get a stopover in Singapore and Tokyo on the way back, any recommendations on what to do/eat/see? Figured some of you guys have gone thru there...

Anyone go to Brunei?
    Take me with, I'll carry your bags.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Take me with, I'll carry your bags.
    The visual on that makes me chuckle...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post

Sounds like Jaycie is gonna get that letter jacket with lots of patches

Prayers for her to have a good long safe run at it as long as she enjoys it!

My youngest son, "Camo" played on many travel "select" teams since he was 6 and wound up "hanging it up" before his 14th b-day after several league/city/region championships in different sports and a run at Nationals on one of his hockey teams.
    He said everyone was getting too serious...I fully supported him -despite a clear path open to him in professional hockey. Camo could have easily made 3 year Varsity as a goalie and with my connections at the time had a super chance to have gotten drafted (how high? who knows.) but it was not fun for him and life is too short to get all balled up.

I quit "travel" sports when I was 16 with the same feeling...it stopped being fun. I had just made the regional baseball "All-star" travel team for the second year in a row, was being invited to select judo tournaments with Canadian Olympic team, was a player-coach on a regional travel soccer team, made the varsity b-ball team (this was 100% because my buddy was captain and his brother was a legend in the school...I rode the pine a lot), yadda yadda.

Having that experience did help me deal with Camo letting go...I am pretty sure if I had not gone through it myself I would have pushed him further, if only because he was so damn good. I think he's a lot happier guy without organized sports. He's working in a startup video game company with his Mom and having a blast, is gunsmith in the making and I can see he will enjoy that for years to come. Though, we both talked about joining a pickup team next year

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    is gunsmith in the making...
    For personal use, of course:ghostgunner.net
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    The visual on that makes me chuckle...
    There's no shame in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    For personal use, of course:ghostgunner.net
    yeah quite a thumb in the nose to the control-freaky politicals.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Bryan.. Jaycie only plans to travel this year and next until high school sports begin. She has a full schedule for sure, but not much overlap with any of them, so it just keeps her busy and competing...of which she thrives on competition. Everything is a competition to her.