Page 248 of 308 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Makes me feel like such a slacker.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Makes me feel like such a slacker.
    You and me both!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Just wrapped up 30 days of madness:
    Cousin's wedding at Lake Conroe
    Seeing other cousin's new kid after the wife went into labor during the wedding
    Now that's a reception. Did you say, "don't worry i'm a trained race driver" and offer to help?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    The "trained racing driver" wasn't available. The "dumb kid that drank too much last night and couldn't be more than 300ft away from a toilet" was.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Something tells me if I blew up a clutch in my Z06 on the track I wouldn't get it changed in 3 hours.

Now to see if I can scrounge up an LS rear main cover alignment tool locally so I don't have to screw with the pan.
    Last edited by Supercharged111; 11-12-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Apparently helped get the ECR video thread locked.

I think we need to have the discussion, civilly. We need to find video to use as teaching tools or make demos of what is acceptable behavior. The rules need to be clear and enforced - Glenn stepped up and DQd himself correctly so.

Inverts do currently count in the points - i was suggesting a different way for them to count.

A car that has position can either make the 1 blocking move they're allowed or they can't. And it's not just a CMC issue for AI, Dustin and I had an oblivious AI car racing us at Hallett after we were well into the race.

And yes, I am always up for full field inverts.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not avoiding this topic. Been waiting until I am a little more cooled off as well as a few others. Behind the scenes, things are getting talked about. We have identified some balls that got dropped and an couple needed changes are being proposed.
    look for a new thread in the coming days.

Blog Entries
    Are contact incidents kept somewhere in digital form? I work as an analytics consultant; I can kick out a bunch of charts and plots using my fancy tool that show different trends on contact info if we have the data...

I'm mostly curious about the correlation between contact incidents and starting format (standing, rolling, invert/noninvert), etc...

We can argue back and forth all day, but if the data exists...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    IMO, just adding harsher punishment/more rules for contact doesn't seem like much of a solution by itself. I would think the ideal thing to do would be to educate people on what is/isn't acceptable (as Dave said above) first. If that doesn't work, then start adding more punishment/rules.

Topics that I think would be of interest:
    - when to defend a position
    - how to defend a position
    - when to attempt a pass (examples for/against)
    - rules for passing*

*I know the CCR says 3/4 car width, but I really hate this rule. If I establish a position beside someone on a straight, and then they manage to come down and hit me in the middle of the turn and I didn't have two wheels off track (assuming there's no wall, and I'm on the edge of the track), then it's my fault. At least that is my understanding of the rule, so please correct me if I'm wrong. How that constitutes good, clean, and fun racing is beyond me.

And since I'm on the topic of passing. While I understand why it is my fault if I have my nose inside of someone (lets say nose at the rear wheels) and they come down on me in a turn and we have contact, I hate that people actually do this at this level of racing. Isn't it more fun to go two wide in a turn and try to actually race someone to the next corner rather than just shutting the door on them? Maybe people just aren't aware of what's going on around them? Maybe I'm just not an asshole and would rather not hit someone even though it would be their fault?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Not avoiding this topic.
    I never meant to leave that impression if it came across that way - I figure the other thread got locked because the emotions were high.

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt
    Isn't it more fun to go two wide in a turn and try to actually race someone to the next corner rather than just shutting the door on them?
    Yes, but it isn't always intentional. I think I took Mosty wide/off track at TWS. He was working on an outside pass and I couldn't hold it down and he avoided any contact.

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt
    While I understand why it is my fault if I have my nose inside of someone (lets say nose at the rear wheels) and they come down on me in a turn and we have contact, I hate that people actually do this at this level of racing.
    You hate that people are racing aggressively and trying to get to their apex and keep you behind them? Is it that "we" have contact or that "you" caused contact because you didn't give up the non-position you never had? I did that exact thing to Mitch at Hallett, left a black mark on the new white paint, and it took me some soaking to admit to myself that he was right - I didn't have position and I didn't make enough effort, any actually, to avoid the contact.

I'm not trying to beat you up, just supporting your observation that I want to continue to learn and understand the expectations of those racing around me.

Al/Glenn/Marshall - appreciate all the work you guys put in so we can do this thing.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!