Page 255 of 308 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    The last time I worked on a carb, it was because someone hooked the return and supply hoses backwards. Took us 3 days to figure it out.

How you guys survived the 60s/70s is beyond me.
    I love all the dumbasses that bitch about how complicated fuel injection is when it comes to troubleshooting. 90% of them never knew anything more about a carb than how to adjust idle screws. Being able to do both, however, is a very cool thing.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    I eyeballed the gap and carried spare points, got me and the Cuda through high school. After that the Plym Fish had to go if I wanted continued sponsorship.
    Ugh, I ALWAYS wanted a Cuda!!! I saw a 1970 about a month ago that had a 440 and it sounded freakin awesome!!!
    I sold my 1970 LeMans w/ a 455 to build the race car in 2004. I'm glad I did it but I still miss the car.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Ugh, I ALWAYS wanted a Cuda!!! I saw a 1970 about a month ago that had a 440 and it sounded freakin awesome!!!
    I sold my 1970 LeMans w/ a 455 to build the race car in 2004. I'm glad I did it but I still miss the car.
    My first car was a 70 Cuda, based on my spectacular natural driving ability at 16, Dad said no big blocks or 4 speeds if I wanted his help with it. It was a beautiful car.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My first car was a 1968 Camaro convertible 327 4 speed. It was NOT nice. Body was straight and no rust but the paint (gun metal grey) was faded and the carpet was bad. Since we had just put in new shag carpet in the house (this was 1974) I used the extra in the Camaro. Fugly. Replaced it with a 1969 Mustang fastback but it had a six banger three speed. Great looking car but that is about it.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    My first car was...
    Orange. And is still in the garage.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...o/IMG_3151.jpg
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Orange. And is still in the garage.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...o/IMG_3151.jpg
    Wish I had done that. Very cool to still own your first car. If I had kept mine it would have to have a LS/700 in it so I could drive it every day. I still have my Lightning and I need to sell it but I don't know if I can part with it. Still just sitting there for weeks on end bothers me.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    You guys are doing a lot better than me on first cars. First car was a new 4 door 4 cylinder automatic Honda accord. I autocrossed, road rallyed, and bracket raced the hell out of that thing all through college; even took it to TWS once but that killed its first transmission at 43k miles. When I finished school, I dumped it with only 85k miles on the clock with front subframe cracks, in need of its second replacement transmission, and a headgasket starting to leak.

Fortunately the Tundra I bought to replace it has rolled 100k miles and hasn't needed anything, yet.
    Last edited by Pranav; 04-10-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'll play along. 92 Crown Vic, in final form had a 5.0 HO bottom end, GT40P upper, BBK shorties, BBK 2.5" H pipe and full duals, T5 swap, 3.73/trak lok, cop shocks, cop springs up front, air ride out back, 2002 big brakes, big sways, Mitsubishi 3000GT wheels. Still drove like a damn boat, but it'd get sideways which was rather entertaining.

I ran a 15.92 with the 3.08 open diff and a 2.4 60' and DA was around 7000' (also still had the EFI swapped oil chugging 289 in there). It pulled decently at sea level. I would have autocrossed it, but I had my Corolla at the time which was a good contender in the cones.

Pip and I hung out with the AJ Foyt team at NOLA Indy GP for the weekend. Worked the pit box flag boom during the race for the #14 car; unreal opportunity. These guys work hard, more set up changes in one session than we do in a season. Got invite to Indy, will be looking for flights this week.