Page 256 of 308 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Got invite to Indy, will be looking for flights this week.
    Must be the accent...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Must be the accent...
    What ever it takes mate

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Jealous
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    AJ is getting too old to punch people out anymore, Craig looked like a good hit man. Just my theory.

Cool - send pics and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I didn't keep my first car, but close. My first car before had a license was a '74 Opel Manta Rally, then I traded it for 1956 Chevrolet truck that Dad and I fixed up to be good looking truck, but I hated how it drove like a truck. I traded it when I was 16 years old for my first Triumph TR7. Dad was not happy about it... especially when the motor let go shortly after I bought it. We ended up putting a Ford V6 in the car... but I wrecked it Dukes of Hazard style over a bridge. I bought a second TR7 with a bad motor and moved the Ford V6 over to this car below. We added the Porcshe 914 targa roof to it and I drove it while in college. I still have it, but it was destroyed in a hail storm and is a parts car.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Tell us more details about the Dukes of Hazard style wreck please. :^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post

Hell you can see he hit the mailbox on the left just pulling up to the house.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    The short story....

16 years old... been out of town on a school trip... .stayed awake all night the night before on the trip. I was driving home late and fell asleep. I woke up and realized I was in the median of a four lane major highway. Grass was flying all over the windshield... what do you do? Stomp the throttle so you don't get stuck in the ditch. Bam... Hop over a guard rail at a small creek crossing and actually make it across the creek hitting nose first.

The car comes to rest with the rear wheels in the creek, front wheels up the bank almost straight up. With the hood bent, the throttle was hung wide open and rear wheels were throwing water and mud everywhere. I have to crawl out of the window with the car mangled and the doors wouldn't open. I climbed the bank and was planning to just walk the 5 miles home, but a majorly drunk dude stopped and gave me a ride to the house.

One of my uncles owned a wrecker service at the time, so we called him and we go back and pulled the car out of the creek and to the house. I was fine, just bruised from steering wheel and more surprisingly, my Dad didn't beat my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    What ever it takes mate
    That's the spirit!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    The short story....

16 years old... been out of town on a school trip... .stayed awake all night the night before on the trip. I was driving home late and fell asleep. I woke up and realized I was in the median of a four lane major highway. Grass was flying all over the windshield... what do you do? Stomp the throttle so you don't get stuck in the ditch. Bam... Hop over a guard rail at a small creek crossing and actually make it across the creek hitting nose first.

The car comes to rest with the rear wheels in the creek, front wheels up the bank almost straight up. With the hood bent, the throttle was hung wide open and rear wheels were throwing water and mud everywhere. I have to crawl out of the window with the car mangled and the doors wouldn't open. I climbed the bank and was planning to just walk the 5 miles home, but a majorly drunk dude stopped and gave me a ride to the house.

One of my uncles owned a wrecker service at the time, so we called him and we go back and pulled the car out of the creek and to the house. I was fine, just bruised from steering wheel and more surprisingly, my Dad didn't beat my butt.
    Happened to me like 5 times. Sounds like you were a good kid......